Monday, September 27, 2010

Shutterbugs & A Princess

Amidst all the home improvements, more parties than we could count(Lauren has attended FOUR parties for friends/classmates since our school year began!), our home being on the market for oh so long now (madness!), soccer & more............we had a party for oh, oodles of friends and we made the(the best) decision( of our lives!) :) to break with tradition for hosting a friend party and outsource it to one of those Ginormous Bouncing Places of Glee ~ and gleeful chaos, bouncing and joy it was!!

I have nothing but fantastic things to say about Pump It Up and as the day turned out to be a bit on the drizzling side, how thankful we are that we planned for an indoors event that left all the kiddos well partied and well......frankly, worn out by the end! ( us parents too!!) But in the best of ways!

Lauren had her heart set on the Glow Package for this soiree and what a treat that turned out to be; turns out it was a fairly new extra and despite most of the children having attended a Pump It Up party before, none had experienced it with glow necklaces, flashing balloons, dimmed light and.......the best part?? A flashing tiara for our Princess! Now that may not sound terribly exciting at first, but Lauren was never an over the top fan of all things Disney Princess and it had been years (if ever?) since she had sported a crown! AND she loved it............and oh yes...I did too! Such fun and gosh, I kinda thought that tiara looked mighty good on her too! I mean, I am her Mama after all and prone to those kind of biases. :)

So for all the Mimis (and friends) who have waited so patiently for these photos, here they are, complete with big smiles and a Scooby-Doo cake. AND, if you don't mind sticking around for a bit after the photos, I am seeking advice from any & all Shutterbugs who might have some camera advice to share as I begin my search for a new and improved model!


O.K. this smile alone made it all worth it..........would do it over & again for her!!
*sigh* Some of these friends are new buddies and some go all the way back to Preschool......so sweet, each & every one! Oh, Tyler had fun too and didn't want to stop for a photograph! :)


Someone was mighty tickled and excited!!

Our regal girl.........
Now then my friends.........you all take such stunning & crisp photographs and are generous enough to share them on your blogs ~ I would like to upgrade from our current point & shoot digital camera and have been searching for a good fit. A few must haves include:
*Digital stabilizer(we need a good one!): not sure if its our camera or shaky hands from us both, but far too many of our photos turn out a bit fuzzy or just not sharp. Then I can't use them and its so frustrating!! **Also with 2 active kiddos I need to be able to take photos On The Go.....
* I wanna see some mega-pixels cuz I know this will give us clearer, sharper images with more vivid colors! I don't need monster sized pixels, but just enough!
*I need a camera that can function soundly in low lighting conditions....we do have Winter around here ya know! :)
* Easy enough to handle....I don't mind studying & learning and I'm not above reading "Cameras for Dummies." :) BUT if it requires a 3,000 page addendum for optimum handling, its probably not for me!
* This will be my Christmas, Birthday and Anniversary present all rolled into 1 for oh....probably the next 2 years or more! *grin* I don't need overpriced, but I'm not going to freak out if it goes over my budget a bit either.
***So far I like the *Canon Powershot A7101S*
* Canon Powershot SD630*
and the * Nikon D3100*
I would love to hear what you guys would recommend, currently use or love!! I welcome and value your insights!
Thanks!!
& thanks for all the mighty sweet birthday wishes sent to our best girl last week!! I read them all to her and my goodness was she delighted!! You guys ARE the best!!

18 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Okay, so, I know I hardly ever post photos, and usually not great ones at that, but that is all because of me, not my camera. I have a Canon Rebel Xsi. I love it and it's a pretty good bang for the buck camera. There are better ones out there, for sure, but it's one to at least look into. Happy shopping!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Oh how i would love to have my own birthday at pump it up!!! So much fun and the glow package sounds delightful!!!

Love the pic of Tyler amongst all os the friends!!!

Miss Lauren is too pretty for words and the is a million dollar smile.... I am not biased just speaking the truth!!!

Kelli said...

What a fun party- the glow package sounds so cool! I have a Canon Rebel Xti (I think the model is now XsI). If you go with an entry level dslr like I have (and would love to upgrade...someday), the a great lens can make a good picture even better.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

First, that looks like an *amazing* party!!! I really wish we had those types of places around here... Sigh. I cannot get over that smile on Lauren's face in the first photo - ADORABLE. (And you can just tell she will *never* forget this party!)

Second, oh where to start?! I'm a Nikon girl, and have been for about thirty years now, so I only shoot Nikons. (And I'm not saying that to be snobby, I just am not good at change!) So obviously (?), I would say the D3100. I have friends who have the D3000 and LOVE it. And they are *not* shutterbugs. The nice thing is you can leave it on auto, get great photos, and learn as you go. You'll probably want to consider and external flash and a better lens at some point too, but the "kit" camera will make you very happy to start.

Oh, and I have friends who also shoot the Canon Rebel Xsi like Tonggu Momma and adore it as well. It might not hurt to check it out as well?! Holler if you have any questions you think I could answer!

minime0910 said...

Holy Cannoli Lauren has a lot of friends!! Pump it Up looks like a blast, I have never been but we have one around here, I will have to remember that place during the long cold winter months!!! I bet she will always remember her "Glow" birthday party!! I also have the Canon Rebel Xsi with an accompanying macrolense. I love it because it fades out the background. They are expensive but Amazon.com usually runs a special on "black friday" if you can wait that long! XOXO Erin (and Hannah, whose mama takes so many pictures, her first word was CHEESE!)

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Happy Birthday to your Princess..that party looked so fun and you can tell my Lauren's face she LOVED it..She is such a beauty and her face just radiates...
Sorry no camera advice as I have not upgraded YET..lol..

michelle said...

Love the pictures of the birthday girl! Lauren looked like she had a wonderful time! I have the Canon SD630. I love it because it's small, but sometimes it can be a little slow. Eric is a total Nikon person and he said the the D3100 got good reviews. If you need advice, email me and I can ask Eric since cameras are his cup of tea.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Lauren, and how fun that they make these parties with glow and princess tiaras. The kids do love that place.. and with so many kiddo you would be crazy not to do it out... Love your pictures and I hear ya on the photos. I take theeeeee worst pictures. I don't even think having a really good camera would help me..Ha...
Lisa

QingLu Mama said...

Well that first photo of Lauren...breathtaking! Oh yes, it must have been worth it, seeing all of those huge smiles and the obvious delight! What a perfect princess she was! I am so glad that it was such a great day for Lauren!

Jen

Tracy Ann said...

Wow! What a fabulous party! Lauren looks like she could not be happier. The glow package is pretty cool.
I have a NikonD40, it's an older DSLR model, that I am very happy with. So, I would say the D3100. I would love to upgrade to this, but hard to justify when the Nikon D40 is a good camera. I just purchased a wide angle lens which I am loving and still figuring out! Costco has some great deals. When I upgraded to a DSLR I took some classes through the Community Ed and learned a lot. Have fun shopping!

lorabelle said...

What an awesome party! That place looks like SO much fun... She looks like the happiest little girl on this planet sitting there with that big grin on her face. As a matter of fact, in one of those pictures I just had to smile right back at her because she is just too darn cute!
I'm a Nikon girl myself. I'm a lousy picture taker and totally rely on good lighting to pull me through my toughest shots. I own a Nikon D90. I love it because I can video easily all in one! I upgraded lenses back in April I think and love my lense, its a Nikon, Nikkor 18-200mm.
I honostly don't haven't even begun to get to know this camera. I'm just too busy chasing and running my around. But one of these days, I'm really going to get down to business!
Hope this helps. Good-Luck camera hunting!

Shirley H. said...

Image stabilizer is very important which i didnt realise despite after some read-ups and reviews before i bought my point-and-shoot which doesnt has one.. IMost of the timethe photos took are blurry but its still in very good condition.. *sigh* Getting one DSLR = one oversea trip for me so i can only bear with it.. Anyway i mean to say take your time.. Pick the one that you find the most suitable is the most important.. Good luck! =)

Room for More said...

so precious.

JinXiu said...

love the party great pictures

Wanda said...

Hi there. First - that shot of Lauren is stunning. Breathtaking!!!

And what a party!! That's a whole whack of friends. Good choice - outsourcing. =)

I'm a Nikon girl and the D3100 looks good. I have the D300 with a few lenses and other stuff and it can get a little crazy. But your 3 choices are great for starting off on a DSLR. Careful, it's addictive. I would also recommend Scott Kelby's books on photography and editing software. He has a very funny, simple way of explaining the complicated.

Have fun, my friend!!
xoxo

rachel said...

oh.my. that smile is sooo precious!!!

i have a canon rebel EOS. we are happy with it. i would love to learn how to become a better photog. it's been so much better than our last two point and shoot cameras. our biggest disappointment with them was the shutter delay. no delay with the EOS.

hope you are enjoying FALL!

XOXO!

Room for More said...

I presented you with an award today over at my place ((hugs))

I have a Canon XTi and love it. It would be nice to upgrade one day, but I LOVE this camera!

Staci said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful girl. What a fun party. N had a similar party with the glow package...too funny. Memories that will last forever :)

We have been Canon people forever. Just got the T2i and love it.

Thank u for checking in, you are a very sweet friend. Haven't been blogging much lately or following very well. Found out why our case is being delayed...not happy, but now I know it will be taken care of eventually. Just hope its sooner than later.