Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beginnings

I don't recall the first time I heard the word, 'blog'. Blog? It sort of sounded like something eery and didn't conjure up warm/fuzzy thoughts. As the years passed, I became more familiar with the term as associated with folks expressing/sharing ideas, world views, politics and more. Then a dear neighbor and her family moved across country and 'blog' became so much more personal ~ a way to keep in touch across the miles beyond phone calls and emails. I loved seeing and hearing about their family outings and enjoyed the peace of mind knowing first hand that they were all adjusting well to their new home.
Most recently I have experienced 'blogs' with absolute wonderment as I have been privileged to view the efforts by many of the folks on the Journeys of the Heart board I have been a member of since deciding on our latest adoption path. Through these blogs I have laughed along side these families as they have shared happy times, prayed alongside them as they awaited court decisions, first rulings & travel dates, shrieked with glee as baby referrals were introduced with pride, watched with awestruck joy as Moms and Dads were finally able to hold and cherish their beloved children, and so much more! Through this I came to embrace blogs and view the devoted bloggers as story weavers....pure magic!
Beginnings?.....yes, a new beginning for our family as we await word of our sweet baby boy and a new way to document this incredible journey to Taiwan....to our Forever Family.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please come around often!

5 comments:

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Lisa, your blog looks great!! Good job! So nice to see pictures of you and your beautiful family! I'm so excited for you guys and I can't wait to follow your journey to your baby boy. Sarah = )

Anne Marie said...

I think your blog looks perfect!! I agree with Sarah -- it is very nice to see your picture, and that is a gorgeous pic of your gorgeous daughter. I am really looking forward to following along!

Anne Marie said...

P.S. Your dog is adorable too!

Michele M said...

You did a great job Lisa. Nice to finally "meet" you with the pictures.

Lisa said...

Lisa
welcome to bloggy land. It looks great and is very addicting. Cant wait to follow your journey.
LOL
Lisa R.