Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blessed

As promised I am back to conclude Tyler's birthday weekend extravaganza! While we celebrated his birthday on Saturday the 4Th, that Sunday brought another significant milestone for our sweet baby boy and family as we had him Baptised in our church. Certainly it made for a HUGE weekend but it also made the most sense to celebrate both events in the same weekend for our out of town family & gosh were we blessed to be surrounded by such support and love.

For months we had been debating about the timing of the Baptism and then later about all the smaller details. What dishes to serve at the lunch following the service? Should we dress Tyler in a traditional Baptismal infant suit or something.....else? Would it be possible to blend aspects of his Taiwanese heritage into this ceremony? In the end we found an Asian inspired celebratory suit in white that we felt honored both his heritage and the blessing we had done for him during our travels in Taiwan, which was important to us. It just felt right. We also decided & with some degree of nervousness to serve Chinese food prepared by Scott & I for the luncheon afterwards. This was a first for us and it turned out great! Or so we were told. :)

And how about our 2 best blessings? Miss L, upon learning of our desire to outfit Tyler in Mandarin clothing requested a Mandarin inspired dress for herself as a way to honor and celebrate her baby brother! One of those BIG moments I described in For the LOVE of Lauren post and a very proud moment for both Scott and I. And Mr. T? Well, some kiddos have a hard time with this type of event....scratchy, unfamiliar clothing......loads of photographing.....lots of hugs and attention.......water and oil dripped onto forehead......but our social butterfly adored each and every moment and even made it hard for Mama to keep a straight face during several of the more serious aspects of the service. :) The irrepressible Tyler Pei-En!

Please enjoy all the pictures. Again far too many to share them all and probably far too many for one post! Maybe my next post can mostly be text! LOL


Our darling boy. One of the keepsakes we selected for Tyler was a bib with cross to wear with his special suit.

Always always in my heart............my two beautiful blessings. This photo makes me weepy. :)


Our happy family together forever.


Most babies cringe or try to avoid the water.....Tyler practically lunged backwards into the basin & had lots to say! Can you see me trying to suppress my grin.....unsuccessfully?? ;) Well, just look at all that hair......you would giggle too!

Cousins make the world a brighter place. Tyler, Alex, Allison, Lauren & Alyssa.

Tyler with his Godparents: Papa Mike & Aunt Beth. What a lucky boy!


Sharing a giggle with cousin Alyssa after the Baptismal Service.......all smiles!



And last but not least.......my 2 fellas sharing a moment! Even the weather cooperated for this sweet day!


19 comments:

Sarah said...

love the family photos! yes, you have been blessed! :)

Michele M said...

Ty looks so grown up in the last pic. Love his traditional outfit. Great choice. Miss L is stunning as always. Wonderful family shot too! What a beautiful day!

Mark & Kris said...

Lisa, you can never have (or share) too many pictures!! What cuties! Sounds like an awesome baptism and I love Tyler's outfit!!

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

What beautiful pictures Lisa. I am so happy to hear that both celebrations were a success!
(We are blending Hsin-Hua's baptism with the reception as a traditional Red Egg and Ginger party...possible at a Chiense restaurant...we are nervous too).

Wanda said...

Lisa,

Too many pcitures? No, not enough!

What a beautiful family you have. Congratulations on a memorable occasion you;ve been blessed with.

Our soon to be coming home Milana's b-day is Nov 18th and I think I'll take a cue from you have her baptism on the same week-end too. Great idea.

I love their outfits too. Just gorgeous!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww I love that you had him baptized in chinese ceremonial clothes :) and loved all the pictures. You are a very blessed family :)

Blessings,
Tami

Carrie S. said...

I am trying again...what a handsome young boy you have there!!! I love your family shot...oh how happy you all are!! Congrats my dear friend...you are as lucky as they!!!
Carrie

QingLu Mama said...

As always when I read your beautiful posts I am smiling from ear to ear! I adore the picture of the two of them snuggling! I mean what a moment of joy for both!
The baptism looked so wonderful, and would you expect anything less of Tyler but to keep it light, fun and everyone (especially Mama) smiling! And I truly love the baptism outfit, so fitting and such a wonderful thing to do for him. The respect and love for his (and Lauren's) birth cultures that you so simply and naturally incorporate is so great to see.
And Ms L, she is one wonderful big sis! Again, good job Mom & Dad.

OK, I could go on and on...SO, great photos, I loved each and every one and will be back to peek again! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful day!
Oh, and I love Ty's hair...he is so stinkin cute!

Jen
P.S. Thanks again for the thoughtful care pkg. You are such a sweet friend!

momwithfaithandhope said...

I LOVE, LOVE the family photo of the four of you. Of course your children are gorgeous, so all of those "fun" pictures were great to see. Lauren looks to be the PERFECT big sis - and good for her for brining that Teddy out from the darkness of the basement - a girl after my own heart. Tyler's smile is absolutely infectuous! And that hair, I can't get over it - it makes Tyler, Tyler! Glad the celebrations were just perfect. More blessed memories to cherish!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a memorable day! I love all that you did to merge two cultures together... what a lovely way to celebrate such an important moment.

Terry said...

Never can have too many pictures! I love the outfit and I think it was very special that you blended both worlds together. What a beautiful way to cherish it all.

I can't say that I have a favorite picture, they are all toooo cute....the one with Tyler leaning back when you are "hiding" your smile ~ precious! And the snuggle picture of both of them ~ justs warms your heart!

You really have been blessed with such a beautiful family, and it shows in each post, picture and thoughtful you do!!

rachel said...

i loved everything about this post!!!! LOVED all the pictures!!! loved the photo of T in his new baptismal outfit and L in her beautiful dress. I loved that you incorporated aspects of his Taiwanese heritage into the event. nice work, mama!

Lisa said...

Ahhh I am sitting here sobbing like a baby.( Maybe my almost going to get my baby hormones are kicking in) So beautiful all of it. Perfect outfit(s) Tyler as well as Lauren look oh so sweet. And I love the chinese food part although I probably would have not made it myself - ha.

LOL
Lisa

Nicole said...

OH my gosh-congratulations-what a wonderful baptism! He's too cute-i love all that hair!!! :)
Nicole

loffer said...

Congratulations to Tyler on his Baptism!!! I love his baptismal outfit!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Great pictures! And what a memorable day. I think he outfit is so perfect.

w8tn4 said...

Lisa,
I absolutely love the outfit you chose for baptism! We had our Shasha baptized in a traditional Chineses White dress and I was hoping that I could find something for our little Po as well! Did you get it here or Taiwan?

Jami

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone for all the heartfelt and sweet comments!! It always means a lot to us!

Jami,

The outfit Ty wore for his birthday was purchases in Taiwan but his Baptismal outfit we ordered through China Sprout. I wish I had thought to purchase something in white or maybe gold? during our time Taiwan...but alas it didn't come to us until later!

I love that you had Sasha baptised in a Chinese dress....how beautiful she must have been!

~ Thanks for stopping by! Lisa

Anne Marie said...

Just wonderful! You incorporated the two cultures beautifully. I love each and every picture of this special day.