Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Lunch & The Bash!

First I want to thank you all for the sweet wishes for our best girl! It was a special birthday for her in many respects and I have been anxious to share the rest of the details.....it was a big big weekend. :)

On Saturday my Mom, Lauren & I boarded the train and ventured to downtown Chicago for our day at the American Girl Store. Its in a new location right on the Miracle Mile and of course its as gorgeous as ever! Lauren has been dreaming of her look alike "big doll" for years now & has long cherished her Bitty Baby. I know in part she worried about sweet Bitty being relegated to "second favorite doll" status, but finally my tenderhearted girl was ready for her doll. It was a magical day and we felt so lucky to have my Mom with us for this celebration. It was the ultimate girly day! AND we even bumped into another JOH Mama(Kerry M. ) and her daughter Grace ~ they too were celebrating a special milestone!

And because our family apparently likes really BIG weekends :)~ we also hosted her family party the very next day on Sunday. Another wonderful day and Lauren received so many glorious & thoughtful presents. I could absolutely share endless details, but just this once(or twice?) I'm going to let our photos tell a bit of the story. Here goes nothing......


Lauren on the train ride downtown; I love how excited( and somehow tiny) she looks!!
Did you know you can send your doll to the salon? Lauren's look-a-like now has pierced ears just like her! If you peek really close, you can see Lauren's ear sparkle too! It also melted my heart just a bit when L inquired if she could hold her doll's hand during the procedure ~ she didn't want her doll to be scared!

Lookie lookie what we found! This soccer uniform matches Lauren's uniform almost perfectly! It was a must have!


Our lunch was full of sweet treats and yes, Lauren changed her doll TWICE during our stay at American Girl. lol

Are the rest of you wishing you had stock in American Girl right about now? Me too!! Well, its hard to resist a matching ensemble for the girls........I'm weak were cuteness is concerned, but at least I'm self-aware. ;0) The girls all dressed for the party!

Even Miss Lilly(doll) got a present or two at the party! Every well heeled doll simply must have a set of stylish wheels. Right? Right? And yes I do realize that if I ever had any male (blog) readers they are probably long gone now.Screaming about burning eyes and all..... Sorry fellas! *grin*


Lauren and Alyssa showcasing the long awaited and desperately desired bed tent!

Yup, she got new wheels too!(remember lots of family giving gifts too!) It was time for the 20 inch bike........my heart lurched a bit; it seems like only yesterday she was struggling to reach the pedals on her tricycle.

And last but not least, our little cupcake......who helped himself to quite a bit of chocolate cupcake at the party. :) AND who had an awfully grand time at the party and all weekend long! I promise more pics of our chocolate bandit soon! Do you think he looks a bit "caught in the act?" giggle.....

19 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh, what fun, what fun!! I just love how you can turn an already special day into something extraordinary.

Loved all your pictures but want even more. (I'm a glutton that way). :)

Your last picture reminds me of Dahlia's 2nd b-day where she had chocolate cake for the first time and schmeared it all over her face. The best kind of initiation!

Sarah said...

Wonderful day. Great pics!!! My mom has dreamed on bringing HC to American Girl even before there was a HC. I have a feeling this Christmas will include her first itty bitty. Good times.

Anne Marie said...

Ooh, I loooove American Girl, and if money were no object it would be too easy to buy out the entire store! And is it just me or does Lauren look like she grew a foot in both the photo of her and her doll in matching outfits and on her bike! I clicked on the photo to enlarge it so I could see her earrings -- so cute :) And finally, Tyler got his hair cut!!! Maybe it was in an earlier post and I missed it, but he looks adorable as always :)

Tracy Ann said...

How fabulous! My Anna would be so jealous. What a great time.

Tracy Ann

Terry said...

Wow, seven! What fun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREN!!! Your new bike looks really cool, and you ride it very well-NICE JOB! I really, really, LOVE your new Miss Lilly too! She is the best. This was an amzaing birthday for Lauren, new bling, new doll, and new wheels! Oh and chocolate cake! A girl can't ask for much more than that!

Lisa, blog make over looks great! And Tyler's hair cut, very sporting and handsome as ever!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Oh I just love those AG pictures!! I can't wait for Hayden to be big enough to REALLY get the just of it. Our two trips have been really for mommy, however Hayden already loves her bitty baby Lily!!

She looks too grown up on that bike, but it sure it grand and please tell her I love the PINK!!

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl:)

Lisa said...

WOw you guys seemed to have the best birthday weekend. Happy Birthday Lauren. I love all the American Girl Glam. Lauren looks like a natural on that 2 wheeler.
LOL
Lisa

QingLu Mama said...

Oh what a wonderful birthday that girl had! Saturday seems like such a lovely and memorable day for all three of you! Lauren is just glowing in the photos, her joy is bouncing off the screen! I can imagine the train ride was pretty exciting in itself, but the rest of the day sounds like pure fun!
And her new cool ride - looks like such a "big girl" bike! Thanks for sharing such a great birthday weekend with us, and yes more pictures would be just great...can't get enough of your two cutie-pies! Tyler looks so cute in the last, yes like he totally got away with something and is quite pleased with himself.
And thanks again for the email...just what I needed at that moment. As always!
Jen

Oh, and I love love love the new look for your blog. It is so you...polished and sophisticated, warm and inviting.

Anonymous said...

Awww! I wish I was a little girl again! That doll is the bomb!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Love all the American Girl goodies! That looks like one fabulous day!

My heart melted when I read about her holding her doll's hand... too sweet.

And now I'm going to go peek in on my son who can't reach the pedals on his little bike because that bike picture almost made me cry. Time flies...

Shirley H. said...

Wow~ how i wish we have American Girl in Singapore~

Missy said...

Seriously?? Could your kids be any cuter?? They are both so adorable. Happy Belated Birthday Lauren. I love AD and can't wait to take Ella there!

Love the Tyler pic!!

Kelli said...

I love the American Girl store- haven't been to the new one yet. Of course, I don't think it will be Aiden's thing. Just one more reason to have a little girl someday!

rachel said...

oh Lisa, how did I miss this?! what a lovely post! so much fun! i got an american girl doll in 2nd grade. it was when they were first coming out. i recently pulled out my "Samantha" collection but my kids are still too young for it.

looks like a fabulous and special day!

Sarah k said...

Aweee!!!!! She is just too sweet!!! I love the new Doll! I hope you are having a great time with all your new things!!!!

Sarah k

Christina said...

Lisa, You take such beautiful photos! Well, I suppose it helps that you have some gorgeous subjects! Congrats to Miss Lauren on her birthday -

Staci said...

I've been meaning to comment on this post!! Now I have time:) Lauren is such a little beauty and how exciting to get her first "big" AG doll! Natalie got to visit the AG store for her 6th b-day. Such an awesome experience, truly magical! I think N and L would make such good friends:) Love all the pictures! I totally laughed at how she changed her dolls outfit twice, such a girl!

Tyler looks SO grown up in the above post! So stinkin adorable! Poor little guy having to get his haircut.

HUGS

thanks for the prayers for Jake!! So scary!

Kerry said...

What a special celebration for your sweet girl!

So fun to run into your family! I so love that our big girls are around the same age! Something magical about that place. (And I really wasn't a doll person prior to my girls!) But I love seeing the place through Grace's eyes.

Lauren must have loved celebrating with mama and grandma in style.
Hugs

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Wow. What gorgeous and happy children you have. Luminous!

Thanks, also, for your kind comment on my guest post at ParenthoodForMe. Means a lot!