Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Holidays My Friends!


Hello Friends & Family!
I wanted to take a moment before the real busyness of the season sets in and wish you all a bright and merry holiday season. The picture above was taken in late November, on a special day when the studio we prefer set aside an afternoon for families to be photographed with their pets. This is something we had never done before and Lauren was ecstatic to get all gussied up and share the spotlight with Lexi. Our dreams of capturing the "perfect shot" did not materialize! In fact, we now believe that this was a sneak preview into what it will be like during future photo sessions with both Lauren & Tyler. LOL When one was looking, the other glanced away......when the photographer got one arranged on the lighted "x", the other ( yes, the furry bandit) was making a break for the door. :) We had 2 near misses the Pit Bull waiting for his turn & a box of dog treats later found both girls a bit overheated (as evidenced by Lexi's panting tongue) & bit exasperated! And finally, both Scott & I had the vague notion that Lexi's shot in particular resembled those awful Glamour Shots folks used to be able to get in the mall......smokey hues.....head tossed over the shoulder....fur shrug around the shoulders ( well, she does come by that honestly!).... BUT, it was so precious to simply have them together and we all worked so hard, that the above photo collage was pieced together and will always remind us of a special and silly day!
I also wanted to take a moment to share with you all that sadly the updates of our baby boy did not arrive this week and as we are leaving town on Sunday, I will most likely be unable to share them until well after Christmas. :( It also means that I will be unable to see all the other beautiful baby updates that arrive to waiting families in the next week OR peek in at all the blogs that I LOVE to read way too often!( Yes, that means all of you!!) I will miss sharing the little snippets of everyones' days & events and I will be thinking about you all!
Finally, I wanted to express our wishes to you all for a safe, bright, peaceful and loving Christmas. May lovely happy times decorate your holiday season, now & always.
I pray that your fondest wishes and dreams are granted during this blessed time of year....I believe in miracles, always have, and I believe in each of you!
Hugs of joy,
Scott, Lisa, Lauren, Baby Tyler & Lexi dog

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry guys! I do actually leave spaces between my paragraphs, but pesky blogger does not always cooperate! :)
I'm sorry this is just an eye buster....hugs to you all and thanks for stopping by!!

Lisa

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas and safe travels!

Kerry said...

Wishing you the merriest of Holidays, Lisa. Hugs to your beautiful family.

So sorry that you are waiting for an update. Something to look forward to after Christmas!

Have a wonderfully festive week.
Love the photos of your sweet girl and her pup. L is gorgeous- with her head turned over her shoulder like that- stunning.

Lisa said...

Lisa,
I love the photo of Lauren with her puppy. Gorgeous! Is it possible to take the laptop with you in case of updates next week?? (I too am truly addicted by reading all our friend's journeys)
I hope you and your family have a wonderful, happy, healthy and joyful Holiday!!! Remember you helped me to get through one of the most difficult weeks in my life.

Here is to joyous 2009 and to your little guy who will be home with you.
lol
Lisa R

Lisa said...

Hi Guys!
Yes,we are planning to take the laptop, but my folks are not wireless... :( We will be trying to check email daily, hoping to see good news for everyone :) (referrals, hearings scheduled, Rulings...oh, pretty please! ) :) but their computer is older and hit or miss; Scott did say he could maybe run to the internet cafe and post....I'll keep working on him!! LOL
Lisa, I'm so incredibly overjoyed for you & your family....your news was the news we were all praying for!!
Hugs to you all!
Me
P.S. Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!!

Tish said...

glamours hot....makes me giggle. she is so darn cut! what a gorgeous smile. and that puppy, too...lovethat big tongue sticking out!

hope you get that update soon...it sure would be a nice gift for the holidays! safe travels and warm wishes for a Merry CHristmas!

love!

Nicole said...

Merry Christmas to you as well! Hope you get some great updates photos just in time for Christmas!
nicole
p.s. Your daughter is adorable in those pictures, along w/ your little doggie! :)
nicole

QingLu Mama said...

Lisa, I actually really like the photos! I think they show such a sense of humour and such sweet character, in both Lauren & Lexi. Now I'll truly be impressed if you can get all THREE next year! Hee hee...And please tell Lauren she is just beautiful in her fancy holiday dress!
It's amazing too, reading all the other comments, how many of us you inspire and help during these roller coaster days, you have a heart of gold and we are all so very lucky to have you in our lives.
You have safe travels and a joyous Christmas with your family.
I look forward to your return, so you can post those pictures of Tyler!
Jennifer

Michele M said...

May you all have safe travels and a very merry Christmas and healthy, happy New Year! Love the pics...they turned out great. Lauren is as gorgeous as ever and Lexi, well you know has a soft spot in my heart...love those maltese.

rachel said...

great photos! i LOVE the reference to Glamour shots! HAHAHA!

merry christmas!

Sarah k said...

Lisa,
You have a great Christmas too! A safe trip and I really really hope those updates come soon with bells on their toes!!! I have missed you in all of my past "WHAT the heck" that has been happening. I am so sorry your baby boy's pictures are not here so we can all AHHHH And OHHHH over him. I so love seeing him. The picture of Lauren and Lexi is too cute!! AND as a professional photographer.. I will give you my special and best advice. "yes, pictures of siblings is difficult.. find a ME to do them..lol but pictures of cousins are almost impossible.. better off gluing separates of the children together for that one!!!" lol...

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Hi Lisa, Scott, Lauren, Lexi... I know you're traveling home this weekend-the weather has been weird so praying you'll be safely home in a few hours. 2009 is so close, and Tyler will be here before we know it. What a great New Year's gift.. we'll eat extra black eyed peas in a few days to assure our good health, love and luck for 2009... Talk soon..hugs and love!
mimiod&pabmike

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Merry Christmas to you too!!! We didn't see our updates before the holidays either as we were away too!!! Oh well...it was a fabulous surprise to come home to!
I really hope you travel in January!!! Maybe we will be right behind you!