Thursday, December 4, 2008

Potpourri

There has definitely been a hustle & bustle around our house! In the days following our First Ruling we have gone from joyful "deer in headlights" to gleeful, "let's get busy mode"! At first we stumbled a bit feeling torn between balancing everyday needs, the festive demands of the holidays and preparing ourselves for eventual travel!! There were a few nights of sporadic sleep....am I the only gal that wakes up in the night & finds it impossible to shut the brain off? :) But now, if a bit groggy, we are in full ACTION mode! I thought maybe potpourri summed up well the scattered comings & goings and thoughts of these past few days! I also wanted to share a bit of sugar with ya all in the form of Lauren & Mama's awesome romp in the snow! Please meet the newest member of our household, fondly dubbed: Nature Snow Dude



So where exactly has the time gone? Since Monday, I have finished up the Christmas letter (mostly photos of our best girl and best baby boy!), addressed the envelopes and am 1/2 way done with personalizing each Christmas card! I have also done the following:

* Unearthed & washed all the big pieces of baby gear ( high chair, saucer, stroller, etc.)

* Put most of the finishing touches on the nursery ( almost there, will share when completed! )

* Completed 50% of Christmas shopping - completely done with Lauren! No wrapping yet! :(

* Began trying to make heads or tails(?) out of travel documents needed for our trip to Taiwan.

* Shampooed all the carpets upstairs & the area rugs downstairs. ( Ugh......)

* We girls completed decorating our house for Christmas! (HO! HO!) 5 trees decorated!!

* Sent the baby's Christmas care package.....here's a portion of what we sent!




And lastly, squeezed out a bit of time for some blogging and checking out all the blogs of my peeps! LOL Oh, almost forgot too.....my sweet & wonderful friend Tammy gave us an adorable baby photo album yesterday & I'm starting to gather our little man's life book materials!

Phew.....tomorrow its off to Lauren's classroom to help out; Friday is my normal day and I just love it! The kids are darling and they say & do the most hilarious things! Best of all is knowing that Lauren anticipates me coming in & starts asking on Mondays if its my day at her school! That melts my heart!
Happy Friday & weekend everyone!

P.S. Please check out Shannon's blog, A Journey of Love on my blog roll for their fundraiser information to help bring their child home from China! A beautiful family & a worthy cause!!

10 comments:

Michele M said...

I just love your posts. They are filled with such happiness and cheer. What a nice looking, handsome snowman and a beautiful snow angel, Lauren. I can't say that I'm jealous though of the amount of snow you have, hehe. Congratulations on such a speedy First Ruling!

Anne Marie said...

Lisa, you are amazing. I wish I had accomplished that much in the last month ;) I love nature snow dude (sorry if I got that wrong) -- he and Lauren look like they were having fun :) And Mr. Pei-En is going to look so cute and cozy in his Christmas outfit!

Lisa said...

Li,
You are always so happy and I enjoy reading your blog. I totally get the craziness you are feeling. I feel that way and we only got a hearing date. Look at all that snow.... happy crazy days.
LOL
Lisa R.

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, Lisa...my head is spinning just thinking of all you got done! How exciting though, bringing out the baby gear and getting the house ready for both his homecoming and the holidays! I love the snow dude, too, I'll show Simone tonight, she'll most definitely have some praise for Lauren about it! And Lauren's rosy cheeks...too cute. Looks like you had a great time!
Have a blast with Lauren at school, I can imagine she is just thrilled to have her special Mama come to her class each week, what a great thing to do for her!
Jennifer
And you know I'm sharing wake time with ya...my brain is ticking along with yours in the wee hours!

rachel said...

i love your snow dude! i am so glad that you are getting so close to bringing your sweet boy home. very exciting! AND you're getting so much accomplished. i want to see pics of the 5 trees!

i, too, can't turn my brain off some nights. it can be so infuriating. it's a new thing for me, too. well, new since i've become a mother, that is. i have a feeling your mind will be pretty busy until you get our little guy home.

Paterika Hengreaves said...

I just love what you are doing in your site. You have lifted my spirits this Saturday morning with beautiful song tracks too along with the chirping of the birds in my backyard.

Becky said...

Hello from snowy Chicagoland!

Lauren looks beautiful with her nature snow dude! He'll be around for months to come based on our early winter... to greet baby brother.

Lisa, bought some crib sheets today.. Can never have enough and an extra mattress pad for a long winter's night!

Hugs all around... Becky & Mike

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Oh my gosh!!! That little outfit and the bear are soooooooo cute!!!!! Love it! Sarah

Tish said...

FIVE trees!??????? You are one busy gal! You should post a photo of every tree so we can see your hard work!

Room for More said...

Nature Snow Dude is PRECIOUS! I am still so happy about your 1st ruling!
Shannon

p.s. thanx for mentioning us! : )