Friday, April 3, 2009

Simply Stated

I have been anxious to share the announcement cards that we recently sent out. I was waiting for the snail mail to catch-up so I wouldn't spoil it for those following along with our blog who might also receive one in the mail!

I had originally planned to go a different direction, creating one from an Internet site & using a photo of both kids, but after taking Tyler in to a local studio I just had to use these! The day I took him I had absolutely NO expectations and was prepared to promptly leave if he became fussy or upset. Instead he LOVED it and so did the photographer! :)

Sadly they did not have a template that would accommodate an adoption announcement, but they worked hard to find another card that would allow 3 photos and the most text fields. Still had to compromise and leave a few details out, but I am just tickled with the result!

AND since I still wanted to include our best girl (cuz afterall, she's a big part of this too!) my wonderful MIL Becky made me 2 beautiful photo stickers to place on our envelopes! I have included them below, though they will look familiar to most of you!

Hoping to visit blogs tonight or this weekend; Mr. Sweet Cheeks is in a Mama only phase right now, so I have to hustle to even get this posted!! :) Those naps go FAST!!



Sorry, not so clear, but you kind of get the idea I hope!


This is similiar to the one I posted last Friday, but less sun exposure & more Tyler cheek.! ;)


And you've all seen this gem, but Mimi O. (a.k.a. miracle worker Becky ) was able to doctor the pick for our stickers and eliminate the drool factor! lol Oh, the magic of photo shop!
Happy weekend everyone!

19 comments:

Staci said...

I LOVE your announcements!! Tyler is the cutest baby boy...he just melts my heart! And big sister, what a beautiful little thing! The stickers are a great idea. :)

QingLu Mama said...

Lisa, you post has made my day! The announcement is awesome, I was thrilled to see your post with new pictures when I peeked on the computer!
That photographer captured Tyler wonderfully...he is just so cute! And I love the idea of the stickers of them both...what a double treat for the recipient! And as always Lauren is beautiful and just glows with joy! Oh, they look so perfect together, and every photo of the two of them is just so fun to see.
And I think it is too precious that you have a Mama lovin Tyler! Enjoy every moment of it, he looks like a super cuddle bug!
Have a fantastic weekend!!!
Jen

rachel said...

lisa, i just LOVE it!!!! so beautifully done. i love that you wrote his birth date and birth country, followed by the day he was placed in your arms. that is so cool! we have never done baby announcements for our kids and this made me want to do one for our twins... and steal your idea! haha! don't worry, i won't steal your idea! thanks for posting this! :)

Michelle said...

LOVE the announcements!!! Tyler has the sweetest little pucker lips! :)

loffer said...

Oh, Lisa! It turned out beautifully!!! What a precious announcement. Tyler looks so handsome, too!

Lora

Missy said...

They look amazing Lisa! What great photo shoot pics :)

Tish said...

OH!!!!! I really like those! the large photo is so adorable...love to see that beautiful skin! teh blogger envelope is funny!

yes, those naps go fast!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Lisa,
Perfect!!! The announcement is perfect. So are the stamps. Love those cheeks.
Lisa R

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I just received my announcements on Friday and sent them in the mail Saturday. I plan on framing one.

Terry said...

Your announcements are ADORABLE!! I love them! I liked the idea of the birth date and the date when he was placed in your arms! Very Nice! This kind of cool ideas weren't around, unless you paid big bucks, when my kids came home, (I am sooo aging myself here LOL) so I will definitley be checking into all things digital with our new placement!

Yvonne Crawford said...

I love those announcements - beautiful!

Carrie S. said...

Oh how precious...I just love it!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

He's a cutie-pie-such the chunk-i love it! Great announcements--your spring break adventure looked fun-all the children are so lovely!
nicole

Michele M said...

Lisa

I love the announcement. Tyler looks really great...he is just so handsome.

And you know I cant leave a post without mentioning just how gorgeous Lauren is!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Love, LOVE the announcement. Tyler is so full of joy! How do you resist kissing that boy on the lips?! You know this already, but you are so blessed.

Anne Marie said...

Just perfect! The card, that little face, everything! Tyler is a joy to look at, so I can only imagine what a joy he is to parent :)

The photo stickers are *so* cool -- both the stickers on their own and as a neat way to include Lauren. I am going to have to look into how to do that.

Casey said...

I love the announcement. It's just pefect. Great pictures of your beautiful children!!!

Casey

Jackie said...

How beautiful! Thank you for "sending" me an announcement! xoxo, Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hey lady- left you a present at my blog.