Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cousin Bliss!

First I just want to thank everyone who wished us happy tidings for our Spring Break adventure! I am probably a tad biased, but I do believe that I have the VERY BESTEST bloggy readers/buddies around! How lucky I am! AND I wanted to send a quick hello to my A. Marlene in California!! Hope you are all well!!

Our week away was WONDERFUL! Gosh, but there is just something about going "home" and spending quality time with family and visiting all of our favorite haunts and hot spots. Trips to the downtown square, yummy pizzzzzzaaaaaaa from our preferred joint, treasure hunting (a.k.a. bargain shopping!) with my Mom and loads and loads of chit chat. :) Tyler did splendidly with the new surroundings (and people) and even the longish road trip didn't create too much trouble! We had one bad moment on the ride down, but its amazing how far a desperate Mama's arm can stretch from the back of the mini van to insert a fresh bottle into an equally desperate awaiting mouth! LOL

My cousin and her crew also made a safe trip in and we all spent a glorious day visiting(adults) and for the kiddos PLAYING PLAYING ....and did I mention, a bit of PLAYING?! Tyler adored meeting all the cousins and my Aunt Kris too! Naturally he rose to the occasion with plentiful raspberries, babbling and ready smiles. And like all babies he immediately knew there were additional children in the house and was both charmed and enchanted by all the extra attention and by all the family. And I kinda think they liked him too! ;)

Somehow life in my hometown ( well, the town I consider to be my "hometown" ) just seems slower paced, more relaxed and a bit more peaceful. I know a big part of that is the extra pairs of helping/loving hands on deck, the warm incredible hospitality of my folks and frankly a whole lot less traffic around town. And I love going home......I am grateful Scott loves it too.....and so lucky to be able to go back often and share it with my kiddos. I miss my folks already!! :)

And Miss Lauren? A blur of light most of the week! *grin* ZOOM......there she goes, down to my parent's huge basement to play restaurant or carnival with Alyssa.....ZIP.....was that her? Oh yes, there's the back of her head as she tackles her big cousin Alex during a wrestling match in the living room. ZIM.....she favors me with a quick smile as she dashes off with McKenna to play "Dog & Cat" in one of the back bedrooms. It was glorious for her.........truly cousin bliss!

AND as this seems like the right time, I have been wishing to share a bit more about our nieces and nephew for quite some time. My sister and bro-in-law have three incredible children who both Scott and I are so very proud of. Each one is loving, kind, intelligent, beautiful(handsome) & unique in their own ways. The time, attention and devotion they show both Lauren and Tyler is so humbling and magical to witness. Long before Scott and I were called, "Mama & Daddy" we were "Aunt Eeya & Uncle Dot".............we feel so blessed to have these kiddos in our lives & just cannot imagine life with 'em! Thanks Alex, Allison & Alyssa!

Here they are at Thanksgiving........I'm so thankful for them all!
Here is our brood from just this past week with my cousin's kiddos! (Lauren, Alyssa, Tyler, McKenna, Zack & Alex)
You just can't manufacture that kind of joy! (Alex & Lauren)

As you can see, Baby Tyler is already a big fan of his cousins too! (Tyler and Alyssa)

Two happy girls sharing a giggle! (Lauren and Alyssa)


Christmastime smiles.......Lauren's shirt says it all! (Lauren & Allison)

Its tradition for our babies to have at least one "bath" in Mimi & Papa's kitchen sink.....lol....you gotta love that grin and that well placed shampoo bottle! ;) AND how much do I love and still get a jolt of joyful surprise at saying or writing......babies......plural!!

Had to include this one......look at the height on that hair! What a baby!!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Lisa
What an adventure. Sounds like you all had lots of fun. I bathed my two boys in the kitchen sink... oh I forgot about that until I saw Tyler sitting there...so much easier on the back. Your kids are adorable, and your nieces and nephew too.
lol
Lisa R

Terry said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and with a wonderful family, you can't go wrong. The pictures are great and I just love the sink bath time shots! Very cute! Family = fun!! :-)

Michele M said...

Lisa,

Sounds and looks like everyone had a grand time. All the kiddos together...isn't that just great!

In my family we always did the "kitchen sink" bath also.

What great memories this trip will hold for everyone.

Michele

rachel said...

Lisa,
there are so many wonderful things to say about this post, i don't know where to start!

i love your description of us mamas reaching our arms back to try to appease our babies with something! i can totally relate! thankfully, i am double jointed, so i can reach pretty far, but there have been days that i thought i might dislocate my shoulder! LOL!

our family also does the bath in the kitchen sink, which i find to be so precious. your little man is just a doll! he's perfect!

i loved lauren's joy shirt and more importantly the JOY that shined through her face. she is a radiant girl.

finally, i loved all of the "cousin" moments that you captured. surely, these moments will be remembered for years to come.

love,
rachel

Tish said...

what a splendid trip! the smile of lauren's face really says it all! and, while i usually can't pull my eyes away from tyler's dimples, his hair in the last photo was FANTASTIC! glad i looked!

QingLu Mama said...

Lisa, so glad you had such a wonderful time! And yes, Lauren looks quite blissful with her cousins! How great for all of you to get such a grand week with family!
And I have to say...Tyler in the sink is absolutly adorable! Simone loved it too, and said "who put that baby in the sink...can we do that with Wei-Che?" And she also said that Lauren looked beautiful in all of her pictures and that she wants to play with Lauren and the big kids someday!
I so enjoyed hearing about all of the family fun and it must be just an amazing feeling to have both of your babies to share these wonderful family trips with!
And yes, "home"... isn't it great to have that one place where time slows down and you can relax and feel peaceful!
Love the post, as usual!
Jen

Becky said...

Lisa,

Love seeing the pictures..everyone looks so happy and beautiful-very glad you all had a wonderful Spring break!

Hugs, Mike & Becky

Carrie S. said...

Hi there Dear One!!
What fun all seem to be having!! Lauren is in her glory and Tyler is planning his strike for the years to come...whew what fun!
Your neices and nephew sure have grown up!! Can't wait to read the next adventure!! Think about you's often!! Carrie S.

jen said...

Lisa, you have such a beautiful family! Love the baby in the sink pic! Tyler and Lauren are too cute together - both such gorgeous kids!

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I've seen your photo in many others' comment boxes, and have stumbled your blog before, but not since you brought home Tyler! He's gorgeous. As is your DD. Thank you for de-lurking! LOL I think you nailed it - as an AP, there's always a bunch of questions lurking, looming, always surfacing in the back of mind. I may even write a post about it - perhaps being a new AP, but not a new mom, has played into this. I had never thought of it before - I never faced these questions with my son. I appreciate your support and encouragement. It's been a rough road lately. We're alread planning a trip back to Disneyland, so I guess it's good practice. Hope you'll stop by again.

Tiffanie