Sunday, June 21, 2009

Illustrations.....

Oops....my photos bumped my text for some reason and I'm just not able to fix it! Please enjoy these pics. and when you are done, there is a small novel available to clear things right up! LOL Hey, I think we've already established that I can get a wee bit long winded.......I'm just sayin.......P.S. After a HUGE day at the BIG pool yesterday, we opted for 2 of our blow-up pools today: Big Sally was just too much work on short notice, but Bruce and Joe filled in quite nicely! Hey? I mean......everyone names their blow-up pools right?? Right?? heh-he-heh....Also included are a few illustrations from our recent van ride home! Enjoy!

Don't worry......really, he's harmless(when fed) & she's a sweetheart!! ;)

Hey, this pool is just my size!

It really does take a village to keep Ty's hair stylin! Loving the "faux-hawk".......

OH MY!? What does she mean by, "poor man's jacuzzi??" LOL
OHHH, so that's what she meant. YES, I am the man!! The king of the pool......


Tyler's face at the 3 hour mark. "What do you mean we are not home yet?"

Lauren's face at the 3 hour mark.......(while parked for a quick break) "AHHHHHHH!"


Daddy's taking too long......." we are so outta here!"


"Don't worry Mama, its all under control." How could any Mama doubt this face??

Hi Everyone!

Though I have popped in to most all the blogs I adore and follow ( I'm sure I've missed a few!) since our return a few days ago, I have been remiss in updating our little slice of the blogosphere! Ohhhhh yes, its been busy, but also I was simply to eager to see all your news to focus here. AND, I don't know if its the heat, Mama hood or something else altogether, but my thoughts have been jumbled of late and I didn't wish my post to resemble "scrambled eggs" again. ;) I'm all over the place, but in a good way.......soooooo the kiddos are slumbering away, the photos have been cropped and I think maybe I can string a sentence or two together! But just in case, I'm mostly letting the photography do the work for me! See, the heat is making me lazy too! *mischievous grin* Curse this blog for always making me be so brutally honest!


We had a glorious time with my folks while away and my Mom is doing so well! I know she worried throughout the visit that her leg was holding us back a bit, but of course we simply wanted to see them, be with them and just relish the quiet moments together. I hardly took any pictures while away, but did channel my fledgling shutterbug for a few glimpses of the ride home and a few more today! Tyler is a great sleeper on road trips for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours......bless his heart.....and Lauren is fantastic passing the time reading, chatting and sometimes watching a DVD; she gets a bit fidgety at about the 3 hour mark.........unfortunately our ride takes every bit of 4 hours, so its always an adventure both ways! lol I have taken to sitting in the waaayyy back of the van with our sweet Miss so that I can engage her and see baby Ty too. The irony is not lost on us that 2 comfier and roomier captain's chairs go unused, while I bump along on the less plush 3rd row seat, squeezed in with Lauren, Lexi, the munchies, diaper bag and frequently Lauren's menagerie of stuffed animals. Scott loves it though.....he gets full control of the radio and c.d. player. :)~

And finally......happy happy Fathers Day to all the fabulous Dads, Grandpas & God-dads out there, most especially to my wonderful hubster & my own incredible Dad!! How thankful I am for all the fellas in my life, each and every day!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

thanks SO much for the idea about the handprint kits. I ordered one tonight that uses clay.

We'll be in Chicago all weekend and would love to meet up with you if you're able to go. We'll arrive LATE Friday night and be in town until noonish Sunday.

Staci said...

I love these pictures! Tyler's hair is so stinkin cute. So glad you had a wonderful time and that you're Mom is feeling better. :) So funny that you have to ride in the back with the kiddos, I think I'll have to do that on our next road trip.

QingLu Mama said...

Hey hey Lisa! Welcome back to bloggy world! I sure missed you but am soo glad you all had such a great and relaxing week.
So I adore each and every photo... Tyler's hair is hilarious, his smile is radient and Miss Lauren is just beautiful- as usual. I so love to see the great picuters of them together! And I just love your captions, I am still giggling!
I sit in the back with Simone on long rides also, to play cards and read and chat. It just makes the trip easier for them, and actually seems to make it go faster for me too.
Oh and I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time at your parents, I am sure they were just thrilled to have you all there.
I promise to send an email later!
Oh, and we (Simone...)name our blow up pool toys - so in our world it's quite normal!

Cindy LaJoy said...

Lisa, Thanks for commenting on my blog..I am glad you found us! I am also very glad I found you. I am not actually (surprisingly) much of a blog stalker as I have a hard enough time finding time to blog myself, and I like good writing...which yours certainly is :-) Your children are amazingly beautiful...I have a perfect Kazakh prince for your princess!! Joshie and she would make quite beautiful grand babies for us, don't you think? hahaha!

Your sentiments on one postabout Kindergarten were so what I felt as I picked Josh up at the end of this year...where did it go? My little boy changed and grew so much as a human being this year, so mature versus the start. I don't want this stage to end, and yet letting go begins now, doesn't it? Sad and yet somehow exciting at the same time.

Be checking in on you frequently!

Cindy LaJoy
Kaz, Kaz, Kyrg, soon to be Kaz, Kaz Mommy!

momwithfaithandhope said...

So glad to hear your Mom is recovering and that you got to spend some quality time with her. Tyler's faux-hawk is way too cute! And I missed Lauren's last post - what a Polka Dotted Beauty you have! Love the view you have of her riding off on her scooter. Luckily for now, it's just Lauren on a scooter, not Lauren riding off with her Prince Charming!

WOW - the 3rd row?! You give up the Captain's chair for the 3rd row, huh? I might be doing the same thing soon if Peyton doesn't want to ride in the back by himself.

Your writing never sounds like scrambled eggs missy - you write beautifully and from the heart.

Hmmmm. . .I guess we better come up with a name for our blow-up pool too! LOL

Anonymous said...

Lol! These pictures are great!

Carrie S. said...

Hi Lisa!!
Naming pools....I thought I was weird renaming a soccer team and their parents!! Love,love love the pictures of those kiddo's!! Keep up bloging...love reading about them!!
Luv Ya!! Carrie

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

could your kids be any cuter? I think not!

rachel said...

I love these pictures (as always!) I say this in every comment, but your kids are both so amazingly cute!!!! i just want to eat them up!

Love the naming of the pools! Love the faux hawk! Love Tyler's look at hour 3! Oh, and I love the green space behind your house! Gorgeous!!!

Thanks for the update!

hugs!
rachel