Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Prelude to........

I want to first thank you all for the thoughtful, heartfelt and sweet comments you shared recently regarding my Mom's accident. It meant so much to us all and I know she was tickled to read each & every kind word! I've said it before, but its worth saying again.....you guys truly are the very best!

AND happily I can share that she is recovering well, both body and spirit. My Dad has been incredible, shouldering all the household tasks, cooking ( well, o.k. fetching the take-out!) and helping to keep her spirits up. My Mom is always on the go, so sitting back, resting and healing has been tricky but her attitude is phenomenal! I'm so proud to share all of this and so unabashedly grateful for her quick recovery!

As for us, we have been good. The months just continue to zoom by and soon we will mark 4 months home with Baby Ty. 4 months home??? Whaaa????? Whaaa???? How is that even possible, when it feels like a moment ago he was placed into our arms. I surely know the months we waited for him to come home NEVER EVER went this fast :) but what they say is true.......time flies when you are having fun! It's also a strange paradox that there are many days I feel as if he has always been with us.........and I guess he was, in our hearts & dreams.

We've also experienced so many firsts for Tyler and for the four of us. For years we have enjoyed day trips to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, our local pool/water park & the petting zoo. Now we have the joy of sharing these outings with Tyler and oh my gosh, has that been joyful. This is a little guy that leaps into new things with such vim and vigor and absolutely doesn't wish to miss a single thing! There are times I wish belatedly that I had the camcorder or had thought to snag a photo the exact moment something new is being introduced............then I just take a breath and hit "save" to my Mommy memory. That's probably best anyways, cuz I always look a bit thinner and more put together in my own mind's eye! LOL

Hugs to you all............I am making it around to all my favorite blogs, just a bit slower these days!! Just know I'm thinking of you all, wishing good things each day!

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm posting a slideshow above too.........I wouldn't leave you guys hanging with no pictures!! :0

6 comments:

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Lisa, you have such a thankful happy spirit. I am so very thankful that your mom is recovering. Yes, I do check in and read from time to time as well time allows. I love reading about your happy family as it brings me joy to see such a spunk for life. I lost my cousin in a car accident a year ago so I am so very aware of what you are going through when you were worrying for her safety. I am so so glad it wasn't her time... she has lots more to do with her children! She is beautiful too... glowing. I wish so much more continued happiness and also continued health and strength. Tell your momma to take it easy and let someone take care of her for once (I can just see that determined personality). Bless your family and when your mom is feeling better, take the time to just be close together often. Thank you for your wishes about our travel... soon... I can actually say soon. Many prayers and thoughts your way and hugs. =0) Sara

Oh and the pictures are awesome and I'm so glad that you and your little ones are enjoying all those fun life adventures and experiences like trips, water fun and zoos. That is what my blog is for sometimes, to record what I have never been disciplined enough to do in a journey, take pause, think about life and write it down! Click away on mental pictures sweetie... those are the best!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, Lisa...so so very glad to hear how well your Mom is healing. And what a guy, that Dad of yours!
I love to hear about how joyful all of your adventures are, with those fantstic memories of the times in past with Lauren, and now with both of your sweet kiddos! You really have such a beautiful way of sharing your daily joys that just make me smile!
And four months...wow! Really it looks like he's been there always, from the absolute connection so easily seen in all the pics!
And yes, I also have to click that "Mommy memory" button, sometimes I just don't want to miss the moment by grabbing that camera...but oh the joy when something triggers the memory later and you remember that moment of pure bliss or that amazing "first" of something!

Ok, I'll go now...We'll call this a trade off for rental space, ha ha!

rachel said...

glad you are doing well, great to read an update, and congrats on 4 mo home with your sweet boy!

now i need to check out your pics!

oh and SO GLAD your mom is recovering well!

hugs,
rachel

rachel said...

just looked at your photos. your children are just precious! they are so beautiful!
r

Journey to our baby said...

Glad to hear everything is going well and that your mom is healing well also. The pics are so cute, I just love them! And Lake Geneva, maybe someday we will meet, we are probably 2 hrs from there, not in our backyard, but not across country either :) I can't believe it's been 4 months already, wow!

Anonymous said...

so much has happened since I last visited. I am so glad your mom is recovering well. Sounds like you are having so much fun with the kids. great pictures!