Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Don't Ever Wish To Forget












Today our little man is seventeen months old! I don't always update at each monthly milestone & heavens knows I should be wrapping a few packages or addressing our Christmas cards, but these are but a few of the things that I don't wish to forget at this magical time of year with our magical baby boy!
* The look of utter amazement each day last week when you awoke from your nap to find Christmas decorations nestled around the house, in every nook & cranny! Something new each day as Mama worked to decorate!
* The way you whispered, "up pees" and wanted Mama to walk you all around the house to see the new things and name each one. You patted my shoulder and pressed your cheek to mine as we explored all the new treasures. You sighed and asked for "mo mo" at the end.......and Mama took you about one more time!
* The way your eyes danced & you clapped & clapped when we lit our tree & outside lights for the first time.
* Your sweet voice ringing out "Ho Ho Ho" when you spot a Santa Claus!
* How you found a new buddy(vintage Santa pictured above) under the tree and visit him each day.......many many times throughout the day! You even shared your precious cookies with him! Our generous boy.
* Your pure bliss witnessing your first snow ~ oh my, we are well on our way now to having a foot of snow on the ground ~ but you love it when its flurries AND when its storming.
*The way you call snow "no".
*How you dance and shimmy to our favorite Christmas songs.......and then wait patiently until we all clap for you! :)
* How you laughed with abandon when we first pulled you in your new red sleigh. ( photos to come!) AND later how you shrieked with joy when your Big Sis pulled you all the way home after we picked her up from school. I'll never ever forget her look of joy & pride either!
* Your big heart as you wish the little Christmas tree in your bedroom "night night" each night ~ you won't go to sleep until every stuffed animal or favored toy has been wished good night.
*Your innocence and sweet delight ~ just this morning you pointed to our Nativity scene and said "baby" pointing to Baby Jesus.....then you blew him a kiss. Somehow you just know he is special.
You amaze us each & every day baby boy. How VERY lucky we are to have you! How VERY lucky we are to have both of our babies!

11 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, how sweet!!! I love how similar our boys are, because I can appreciate all of these milestones so much more that way! I love hearing all about Baby T's new things... be it on birthdates or any time!!

Wanda said...

Oh Lisa,

How utterly beautiful and how your sweet boy will cherish all those first memories you have together. (Really fighting tears here and not succeeding too well!)

You paint each "first" so clearly and lovingly - I can see it all. And thank you for sharing it us too. (And for reminding me to journal all our firsts too.)

Love the pictures - too, too sweet!

xoxo

Nicole said...

He's is just TOO freaking cute! :) Love all your Christmas notes-it is so exciting for him and you all. Are you enjoying this artic freeze? brrrrrrrrr?
Nicole

momwithfaithandhope said...

What a heartfelt post. . .I would never wish to forget any of it either! You are such a loving Mama, and he is such a special little boy. He continues to light up a room with those eyes and that adorable smile. Can't wait to see the sled photos! I'm sure they'll be full of glee!!!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, such beautiful memories to cherish in months...years to come! I love this stage you are describing and what a joy and love Tyler sounds like! And how truly amazing for you, Mama, to be able to delight in each new discovery he makes!
I love all of his words for these wonderful new things he is seeing! Very cute and it sounds like it really is music to your ears too!
And I love the idea of Lauren pulling him home, her joy and his at such a simple and fun event! Oh pictures ...yes, we must see some!
And I love that we can share our milestone months...mine more of a memory of past for you and yours exciting things to come for us!
Jen

Kelli said...

Happy 17 months, sweet boy! So cute!

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Hey Lisa, sweet friend!!
What a beautiful post---as always! It is important to always remember. Thank you for reminding us of that.

I want you to know that we are privatizing our blog--just for security reasons. But, of course, we want you to follow along if you so wish. If you will just email me so I can get your email address, I'll add you in. Just don't want you to think we shut you out of our lives!!! :-) You are certainly invited to share in our story!

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!!!

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Hey Lisa, sweet friend!!
What a beautiful post---as always! It is important to always remember. Thank you for reminding us of that.

I want you to know that we are privatizing our blog--just for security reasons. But, of course, we want you to follow along if you so wish. If you will just email me so I can get your email address, I'll add you in. Just don't want you to think we shut you out of our lives!!! :-) You are certainly invited to share in our story!

Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!!!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Oh the joys of Christmas! You are right these days fly by, We need to cherish each and every moment. Have a great holiday! Victoria

rachel said...

wow, could he be any more perfect?! he is amazing, lisa! both of your children are. i am sure they will someday cherish your posts like these...

Anonymous said...

Precious fleeting moments and words! I love up pees! I wish I woud have recorded every detail fo my children growing up!