Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Outtakes 2009













Holiday festivities are well under way & YES the Christmas cards have been mailed! Each year we go a slightly different direction with our cards and this year we attempted to snap a picture of the kids following a light dusting of snow. Pretty much the same old adage held true~ when one was looking spot one, the other glanced down ~ one would smile, the other sported a grimace ~ maybe a great shot, but one set of eyes closed...... & so on! LOL We didn't even attempt to include Lexi.
In the end we went a slightly different way :) but we were able to use a variation of the shots from this day(not featured above). I also find myself really treasuring these photos regardless ( there are many more VERY similar to these!) as they captured a moment in time AND feature both of our kiddos together!
But next year? We either start earlier or seek professional help. (grin)

12 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Lisa,I sure know what you mean.

That last shot looks pretty perfect to me. Looking forward to the official one. The kids are delightfully gorgeous.

We finally did ours on the week-end and I only had tie to run to Walmart and do the postcard kind. Next year I vow to start earlier.

Remind me about that vow, will ya?

Enjoy all the Christmas preps as well as the reason for the season.

Hugs,
Wanda

Shirley H. said...

Love the way how you guys take family photo as christmas card!

momwithfaithandhope said...

It's the outtakes that remind you of what life was really like "way back when" - I bet you'll treasure these forever!! Closed eyes, grimaces and all. . .

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, these are fabulous!!! I love the last shot... I can't even imagine how perfect the "final" shot must be! Next year I plan to start in September. Maybe Spencer will know how to sit still then too... ;-)

Will you be posting the card on the blog at all?!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I love that second shot - such personality there! Hope you post the picture-perfect one sometime soon, so we can ALL see.

Staci said...

LOVE Tyler's smile!! He growing up so fast. Such sweet photos of your little angels :)

QingLu Mama said...

THese are just great, Lisa! I am so loving Tyler's dimples...oh my what an adorable boy he is. And Ms. Lauren is just as precious as always. I swear those children light up the whole computer screen with those smiles!
I love that there was enough snow to do this, it's just perfect for a Christmas card!
What an amazing year and blessed holiday...with both your sweet angels home!
Hugs to you all my friend!
Jen

rachel said...

i think they are all beautiful!

Kelli said...

The outtakes are pretty darn good. Excellent! I bet the the final one is fantastic!

Casey said...

Lisa,
These pictures are so beautiful and really capture their relationship! So happy and sweet.

Casey

Anonymous said...

They are just so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I just the pictures of your kids that you share. They make me SMILE! :)