Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hopping Along......

We have been hopping along right through a fabulous Girls' Weekend(with our little man too of course!) of shopping (outlets!!) which launched our Spring Break, followed by a splendid Easter and extra long visit with my folks.(which I love!)

So many things to share about these past couple of weeks and oh my has the weather been gorgeous, even summer like for many of our Spring Break days. Our days seemingly zoomed right by but the moments I remember most are the sweet ones of flying kites, hunting eggs, watching a little one ( or 2!) discover the bliss of eggs laden with M&M's, bargain hunting with my "girls", long chats with my Mom, creating sidewalk chalk masterpieces with my best girl, trips to the park and watching my 2 munchkins delight in the company of family/cousin joy!

We returned home to find EVERYTHING, absolutely everything in bloom and while this week has brought those April showers ~ and a raging sinus infection for me (Mama), it seems that Spring has Sprung for real and I had almost forgotten how green and luscious things can grow around these parts. Or at least the hint of luscious growth around the corner.

Soccer season has began once again for our Little Miss and her days are filled with school, friends & music ( her tune de jour this week is the Black Eyed Peas, "I Got a Feeling"). We are all excited for the first game this weekend which coach just called to tell us about!

And what about her biggest fan? Yep, Tyler is anxious for the games to resume too as he spends a rapturous hour racing along the sidelines hollering out (with plenty O' gusto, I might add ) for his Big Sis. Course he also takes every opportunity to attempt to "lose us" and dash ONTO the field for some real play.......so its a win/win as Mama gets her exercise too! :)

AND he adored Easter this year( he was so very little last year!). Watching his pure delight with each egg & he was so pleased with just one or two. Of course his sister made certain that his basket was full and watching them together.......well, it just never gets old for me.

Also this week I am attempting to wean our littlest dumpling from his steady diet of candy (fed by loving family members) LOL of LAST week. Oh well! What a sweet tooth he has! All last week we heard, "beana(jelly beans ya know!), yeah? peesh." That's kinda hard to resist! *grin*

We are also having some techie problems with our photo downloads much to my great disappointment. Many of our pics are being written as "read only" and I have not been able to decipher the cause yet or a remedy. I know what to do but our "pesky puter" won't go along with me. :( But I was able to snag a few before the problem began, so I will share those with the hope the rest might follow. We actually had many great ones to share.......I mean how can you NOT have loads of decent shots when you mix in candy, eggs, fab. weather & cousins? I'll keep working on it!

In the meantime here is a sampling and as always thanks for stopping by!





All dressed for church.






I just have to share about this shot: Tyler was the first to spot and grab ahold of the Bunny Eggs my folks had filled with money for each grandchild ~ upon snagging one of each color he gleefully took a victory lap all through the living room/dining with this HUGE smile of glory on his face! And my Dad had been worried that T wouldn't be impressed with those eggs.....*giggle*
And the below shots are courtesy of Lauren & Tyler's wonderful cousin Allison and were taken the day of our shopping excursion to the outlets. So fun!

YES, that is a REAL snake the girls are holding.......and YES it was all Lauren's idea! *gulp" I love T's expression...... & yes, this mall has it all!!

Tyler loves his A. Beth and sipping through a straw!

Lauren and Alyssa's dream sport utility vehicle. ;)

My girl has a big heart for all critters......and I stock plenty of hand gel! lol


Tyler was a good sport for our shopping day........but eventually the strain got to him. Getting so big now & doing so many things........but always my baby boy.









17 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Lisa....LOVED this wonderful, more than, a peek at your fun-filled week.

Your Easter looks like a ball was had. Love the kiddos all dressed for church. That was just darling. Eeks, I had to read it twice about the snake. Ooh....how did you keep the camera still.

The last shot of a sleeping Tyler and the first shot are beyond. (He could model - well, both your kiddos could.)

Sorry to hear you're having 'puter' problems. Me too lately - must be in the air. Hope you get that worked out soon. And your sinus thing clears up so you can really breath in that wonderful spring air.

Have a wonderful week, sweetie.
xoxo

Michelle said...

Um...holy moly when did Tyler GROW UP??? He looks so big!! Wah...I'm so sad...these baby months are flying by and our sweet babies are growing into adorable toddlers. If only we could stop time. :) Hugs...

Mark & Kris said...

Lisa, your kids are so precious!! Tyler looks like he had a ball!! I can't believe how big he is getting!! Kris

QingLu Mama said...

What a wonderful time you had! I love the photos you did get to load up, all very sweet and beautiful!
I think you may be as good a photographer as you are a writer - if that's possible! You always capture such perfect moments...I swear your photos tell a story or mark a moment so the veiwer feels a part of it!

I love that you had a girls (plus one adorable fellow) day out...and outlet mall shopping, yipee! I hope you found lots of good buys! And I am thrilled to hear your weather has been so wonderful, I know how much you all love your outdoor time.
I promise an email to catch up soon! It's been so busy here..where oh where do those days go!
Hugs my friend,
Jen

a Tonggu Momma said...

Loved the catch-up post! Glad to hear Easter was so wonderful for y'all.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I'm like you, I'll never get tired of watching the sibling love!

Sounds like you are having one great vacation!! And a snake??? I couldn't do it. . .You're brave!

Donna said...

That first photo made me smile! I love a little man in a shirt and tie. What a cutiepie! :)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Lisa said...

Lisa,
How can your kiddos get any cuter?? Tyler is definately turning into quite the little man... losing that chubbiness..but love that hair.. Go Lauren score lots of soccer goals.
Lisa

Terry said...

What a wonderful, busy holiday you had! Your pictures are so adorable and you really do catch the best moments. Lately my kiddos just seem to hide from a camera. Maybe I shouldn't try to catch them sleeping...Just kidding! (that's the only time they sit still)

What a bummer that you and your computer aren't feeling well. I certainly hope that you bounce back soon - the weather has been wonderful lately (we hit 90 here today)and it would be terrible not being able to enjoy the great outdoors in bloom! I'm sorry to say I'm not much help for the computer - I'm still trying to unblock the guys at work so I can see more blogs! :-) I will be keeping my fingers crossed you will correct the pesky problem.

Soccer was one of my favorites to watch the little ones play-so full of action! I hope Lauren has a great season! Tyler is getting so tall! How handsome! Will he be a future soccer star too? He's getting some practice in now huh? :-)

Glad you had a special visit with family, your Mom and cousins too.

Happy Spring!!

Sarah said...

EEEK! Overnight I think Tyler grew and grew and grew. Mama, he looks like such a BOY all of a sudden and not a baby. Maybe it was the tie that did me in. Has to be it. :)

Hope your 'puter feels better soon.

jenbusymom said...

Hope you are feeling better Lisa. What a fun post, kids love the hunt no matter what the prize I think! Critters are not for me either and lots of sanitizers in my bag too! Well at least you know he's a true boy, sleep while we shop! Have a great day!

ellieshine said...

Oh he's so CUTE! I can not even stand it!!!!! Looks like you had a fun Easter!

Tracy Ann said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful spring! I have to admit I'm jealous, all we have is rain. I LOVE the picture of Tyler in his sleeper. There really is nothing better than a little one is PJ's with feet.

Tracy

Kelli said...

What a fun week! I love love love the first picture of Tyler. Aiden is jealous of his hair!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love ALL of this. There are so many fabulous tidbits you shared here.

I hope you get your "puter" problems sorted out... I need more photos! ;-)

What you shared was fabulous though... those first three shots are to die for. Love. Them.

And, I think I know *exactly* what Tyler was dining on at the food court...

Missy said...

Oh my Lisa! I have obviously not been checking your blog enough. I can't believe how big Tyler is!! Could the kids be any stinkin' cuter?? I am loving their Easter pics. Sooo cute!!

rachel said...

ok, i love, L-O-V-E, Tyler's tie! He's adorable. And Lauren is gorgeous as always! I agree with the other commenter who asked when Tyler grew up! Seriously?! He went from baby to big boy overnight!

xo!!!!