Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Black & White Wednesday

It's been so "Dog-gone" busy around here of late that I have not been able to play along with Lisa's Black & White Wednesdays for some time. But I just had to share a pic ( or 2! ) of our furry girl, Lexi, as she really & truly is......both black AND white, photo treatment or no treatment!

Here are the vitals on our furry baby:

Age: 10 1/2 by Dog standards that makes her a genteel lady, one in her upper 60's. BUT absolutely NO ONE believes that's she's anything other than a puppy due to her boundless energy and sass!

Breed: Lexi is a Maltese and was considered a "teacup" at birth. By the time we first glimpsed her it was clear she was going to exceed the expected 4 pnds. most teacups average. We laughed, scooped her up and called her our "cappuccino mug"! Nowadays at 9 pnds. we've dubbed her "our platter". We love our furry girl so!

A bit about her: Hmmm....loves chicken & ham. Heart of a lion and I don't honestly believe she knows she's tiny. What she lacks in size she more than makes up for in tenacity. The big dogs on the block are both fascinated and a bit intimidated by her....LOL........she loathes water & shakes & shivers if she knows its her day at the groomers. :) She's fiercely loyal, playful, sweet as sugar and most definitely is a Mama's girl. (which I LOVE ) A bit neurotic about being left alone for too long.......and still a touch indignant about these 2 fur less kids that invaded her scene. ;) Nonetheless she adores and guards those very kids as if her life depended on it, day in & day out.

She made co-sleeping fashionable long before it was, tolerates Halloween costumes, doggy sweaters and dresses at Christmas ( at Lauren's insistence ya know!) :) and takes so little, while giving us all SO very much.

She's a bundle of contradiction and we couldn't adore her more!




I love this last one.....I call it, "Kissy Face"......Tyler is so intent on kissing her, all puckered up and ready.....and Lexi....well, she looks a bit like........help me??

And just in case I don't make it back on to post again before Easter ( company coming....travel, etc. ) Wishing you all a grand Easter and I'll be anxious to check back in with you all when I can!

23 comments:

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

What a cute little fur ball!! Love that last picture too, your daughters lips! cute!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

What a beautiful dog...and the last picture just melts my heart:)
btw...if I do not talk to you before Easter..Have a BLESSED EASTER...enjoy!

Wanda said...

LOL....at the last "pucker up and come and get it" shot of Tyler and his fluffy pal. Totally adorable. (And it's vaguely familiar too.)

I love your sweet puppy face. The first shot is precious. She really is a beauty and seems to take her rightful place in your family as your first born!!

Don't work too hard, my friend. Too bad we don't live closer - we could commiserate over a beer (no, don't drink beer)rather a glass of Chardonnay. Sound good?
xoxo
:)

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh my... melt. my. heart. SIGH.

The Hernandez Herd said...

As usaul, great photos!Love the little pup. Have a great Easter!
Victoria

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Oh my goodness...those are the SWEETEST pictures.

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.

I hope you have a wonderful Easter as well. He is RISEN!

Kristine

Unknown said...

Aww love your kissy face too! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

oh, the disgust on her face in that second pic! priceless!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness! Your dog is SO adorable. I totally love her! What a sweetie. Perfect black and white picture!

Unspoken said...

Oh, that is one darling furry baby! Have a great holiday!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Perfect B&W pics!!! Wow, you're good. . .cute kids AND a cute dog!! Happy Easter to you too!!!! Enjoy the holiday with your loved ones.

Donna said...

Okay, I smiled big looking at these! What sweet faces!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Cute, cute pics of your pooch and kissy face sweetie!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Lexi is adorable!!!!!! We have a Bichon-poo named Lucy : ) I'm so happy you played a long this week so that we got to have a glimpse of Lexi I love the last picture : )

ellieshine said...

oh oh oh . . . my mouth DROPPED open when I got to the photos . . . she is sooooooooo cute! We had a furry first child also.

oh those kissy lips are precious too!

Staci said...

You know I love doggies...and yours is super adorable! Perfect pictures! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!

Serline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serline said...

Very cute. Makes me just want to smooch her face and kiss her too.

lorabelle said...

Your photos are beautiful! She looks so sweet and peaceful in that first shot. You sure don't need to be able to read minds to tell what she's thinking in that second one... Both models are as cute as can be!

rachel said...

why is it that all small dogs seem to think they are big dogs? haha!

love the last pic! adorable!

Kelli said...

Such a cute pup! Love the last picture- love it!

Tonya said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your children are BEAUTIFUl and what a precious little doggie!

Lisa said...

Love the last picture of your daughter "Kissy Face" What a cute puppy!

I guess you are still working hard...being you haven't posted in a week. Don't work too hard...and don't forget to play the B&W Wednesday games. I always enjoy coming to this blog and seeing your pictures.