Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Bit More..........

and what of this tiny firecracker of joyful boy? These past few mornings, with Daddy's schedule reflecting a summer change, I have been able to slip away some mornings for my long walks. I love, need and relish those walks......they help to center and calm me ~ make me a better Mama, wife, friend and neighbor. But towards the end of each journey, despite being fatigued from the miles, my pace gets a bit brisker and I click the Ipod off. Someone awaits me, a darling face pressed against the sliding glass doors ~ fingers waving, giggles ringing out through the open window, dimples flashing......."Mama - home!!" he cries out with glee and as I dash through the open door, my walk already forgotten, chubby arms encircle my legs......up he goes into my waiting arms and oh yes....... I. Am. Home. and so very blessed...........

Little man sees & celebrates all the little things, without losing sight of the big ones. From tiny bugs & blooms to airplanes bursting through the sky. So busy these days, its a wonder he'll sit for a moment to let Mama take a quick pic. But click away I do, just don't be surprised if he's not always looking and if Mama blurs the shot when he darts off or dashes head first for a big bear hug! And I don't mind one tiny bit!





















3 comments:

QingLu Mama said...

These photos...breathtaking as well! Tyler is such a handsome little guy and seems to take such pleasure in those little things! His face just glows with his joy!

I love love love the story of your walks. Both because I can imagine those quiet moments leading to that desire to be back home and because I know how important it is to have some time, however little, to just yourself. But mostly because I can imagine that Mama's joy upon return...and what a greeting that must be!
I can't believe how big Tyler is...it just really shows how much he's grown in these photos! And I love his new hat!

Hugs my friend...
Jen

Kelli said...

Oh how I love to watch little ones explore the world and enjoy each and every little thing! Great pictures!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

OK - these photos are amazing!!! I love seeing T explore his world. And he sounds very similar to another little boy I know... I think our explorers would have a blast together. :-)

Oh, and the walks. I so know how you feel... I've been doing a couch-2-5k program and I relish that time out of the house... I need that time... I am so much better with that time...