Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jeepers!

Oh my goodness ~ it has been WAY too long since I have been able to post and the culprit (this time) can't even be blamed on lack of time, but rather a hard drive in crisis and no access to a computer or Internet for the past 11 days! Ack!

To make a long ( and not very interesting story) short, our hard drive jumped overboard and despite our best efforts we were unable to restore our computer without loads of help ~ the kind of help that takes time and plenty of it! The kind of help that treats your computer to an extended, all expense paid holiday with the local Computer Guy who promises a 24 hour turnaround but fails to take into account the feisty nature of said computer! LOL

And its a mess ~ oh yes, it really is! Thankfully we were able to back up our key files, photos, etc. but we now find ourselves with a completely foreign looking desktop, missing icons/favorites, different functionalities that will need careful exploration as time allows ( which is pretty much never) and inboxes overflowing with emails that require attention. AND that's not mentioning all the blogs I simply can't wait to visit ~ YES, you guys ALL know who you are and YES that was single hardest thing about being "unplugged" for so long ~ missing updates on your families and adventures AND missing my almost daily emails with my folks! Suffice to say my weekly phone calls to my Mom became a bit more frequent and quite a lot longer than usual. (grin).....and yes, that's actually a silver lining of this whole thing!

Just before this all began I was experiencing a bit of "bloggy block" and was stymied on topics for a post. Trust a forced time-out to remedy that right away! LOL Naturally over the past week or so I have wanted to share so many things.....mostly just the little moments of our days.....and oh, pictures too!! But they will wait........mostly I just wanted to post something quickly tonight and then get down to the business of checking in with all of you!! Yay!!

Please know we are all doing great and though Lauren technically still has 2 days left of school, our summer fundamentally began the weekend before last when we ended up with most of neighborhood kiddos dashing through our sprinklers and little pools, shrieking with glee while they tried to stay cool in the almost 90 degree heat! When I think back on my childhood, those moments of spontaneous fun with the kids on the block always leave me a bit wistful and always smiling. Could there be anything more innocent and joyful than that? Oh and Tyler?? LOVES that water and plenty of it, once again this year!! He's not picky either ~ he likes it in any form, at any depth and at any time of the day! :)

Happy summer one and all! If you hear someone shuffling around a bit on your "bloggy" doormat, don't worry, its just me!! :) Now I just hope I can't find everyone and stay awake long enough to visit!

10 comments:

rachel said...

i've been wondering why you haven't posted in awhile! so great to read an update, although i am sorry to hear about your computer.

hope to see some pics soon. ;)

happy summer!

Staci said...

Happy summer!! We only have 2 days left too, can't wait. LOL, I've had major "bloggy block". Just updated the blog after more than a month behind. Glad the computer is up and running again :)

Wanda said...

Ahh....there you go. God is in his heaven, Lisa did a post (pictures to follow, right?) and all is well with the world.

Sigh......

xoxo

Unspoken said...

Welcome back! :)

lorabelle said...

Glad you were able to save and figure some of it out. Yes, I've been there and know how you feel. It never fails...! Happy to see you up and running again!

Tracy Ann said...

I was just thinking that you have been awful quit, glad that it's the computer that is sick not a family member. Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy the weather. If we do not get some sun soon I am going to have to plan an impromptu vacation out of the NW, we are having "November like weather" this week.

Tracy

QingLu Mama said...

Oh I've missed you but figured something was up...computer or vacation...
Glad to know all is back and look forward to some wonderful updated photos of those beautiful kiddos!

I love your description of your days lately...we've been enjoying the same kind of neighborhood fun! Summer time....ahhhh
Jen

Kelli said...

I was wondering where you went! Bummer about the computer. Happy summer to you. Sounds like our boys would have a blast together in the water!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

You're back!! Sorry that the bloggy break was forced upon you though - EEK! As you know, I'm feeling rather behind as well. SIGH.

I can't wait to see photos of your kiddos and read stories *when you have time* to get them here...

In the meantime, Happy Summer!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Jeepers - I have bloggy block like you wouldn't believe. . .I'm so behind I'm afraid to try to catch up.

Glad you're back! I've missed your beautiful posts. . .and of course those photos of your bright and cheery kiddos!