Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Big Sigh & Cribz

Friends, six full business days have passed in Taiwan ( 8 days total) and still we have no word of our AIT appointment. To say this unexpected delay has been difficult would be an understatement; in truth, it has caught us completely off guard. Our sweet boy turned 6 months this past Friday and still he lingers in Taiwan without us. The courts have made legal what we already knew in our hearts........that he is our precious son, and still our own government has yet to issue our invitation. :( On the brighter side though, 2 families that received notification of their Final Rulings the same day as us, DID receive their appointments and subsequent travel dates and truly I am thrilled for them both! One other family still waits with us......I hope & pray they hear something soon! :)

And just cuz I can't leave a post on a downward note, thought maybe some of you would like to see a few pictures of our nursery. What a difference this has been decorating for a baby boy, but it has been FUN! We are using the same crib & dresser that we used with Lauren, but everything else is different. Its turned out to be an eclectic mix and you will definitely see some blank walls; we hope to bring back some treasures from Taiwan to add to his decor. when we return home!

AND, next time I post it will be either with our travel dates (oh, pretty please) OR updates. Either way, it will be good news! :) Hoping you are all doing well and that those of you waiting the hard wait are surrounded by much love & support!

My amazing Mom spotted this fabric and made our beautiful bedding for us! We just love it & it has special significance knowing how much love & care it was crafted with!



We received our glider & ottoman from Mimi O. & Papa Mike for Christmas. Its a bit of gliding heaven and I just cannot wait to rock with our darling boy. BTW, its been Lauren tested and approved. ;)

This baby dresser was used by my older Sis, then me as babies ( now stop doing the mental math....yep, its vintage ) , all 3 of my sisters amazing kiddos, Lauren and now Baby Tyler. Wouldn't even consider using anything else! And the BOY letters?....well, our family likes to state the obvious. LOL

This toy box was hand crafted by my sweet friend Renee's Dad.....how incredible is that? Her Mom also gave us the beautiful quilt tucked into the diaper changer bottom shelf.....I cannot even tell you how soft and gorgeous that quilt is and how touched & grateful we were to receive these items & the amazing support from them all!


Well guess what? I feel so much lighter just sharing these images and remembering again all the LOVE & generosity that has gone into this nursery. Now we just need our little man to complete the look! :)


10 comments:

Lisa said...

Lisa,
I know it is hard to stay positive when all you want is to get your baby home. I bet you get it by Friday.... You are an amazing person and you always find the good in all. So I hope that the AIT apt. arrives this weekend.
I love the room! The best part is that you have so many meaningful things filling it with love. Mom is an incredible quilter.. that is beautiful.
Keep the faith.
LOL
Lisa R.

Kerry said...

Lisa- I am so happy that you posted- I was looking daily and hoping to hear of your travel dates. I am so sorry to hear that you are a bit delayed. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts. Just think- Tyler will be coming home very soon now! And we look forward to following your journey. I so hope that you receive your appointment date this week. Having been there- I know that the worst part is the anticipation and not having your date in hand. You are so very close now!
Tyler's room is perfect. I love all of your beautiful touches. Very warm and welcoming. His bedding is adorable and so special that grandma made it.
I will be thinking positive thoughts hoping for your long awaited travel approval.
Hugs

Michele M said...

Hi there sweetie,

I just wanted to say how much I look forward to your posts. I just LOVE Tyler's bedding! What a loving and wonderful keepsake. It's beautiful. Love the dresser too as I also have one...it's was mine, my brothers, sister and then my neice and now I have it back..I refinished it for Addison. I'm praying that you here some good travel news asap!!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, Lisa! I have tears; I am hurting for you during this frustrating wait to bring Tyler home, I just hate that you are having such a long wait. And I can imagine how difficult the wait and uncertainty is, knowing he is completely your son but having to wait on government policies to hold him. I am keeping you in my thoughts and praying and hoping you hear news real soon. You are always so positive...and have kept everyone else’s spirits up with your inspiring and thoughtful words.
And what a special and gorgeous nursery for Tyler to come home to. I love where the dresser came from and all the memories it must hold of your families! The room is just perfect, soft and cozy with loving touches all around. Oh and all of the wonderful gifts you've received for him obviously came with such love.
Thank you for sharing photos of your beautiful baby’s room, so full of joy and hope. And yes, I am picturing Lauren testing out the glider…what fun!!
Please know that you are in my thoughts.
Jennifer

loffer said...

Lisa,

I love the quilt you've chosen for Tyler's crib! It's wonderful how you've incorporated furniture from your past, too.

You know I'm thinking about you and praying that you'll get that news!

Huge hugs!,

Lora

Terry said...

I was checking your blog every day...I thought you may have been 'nesting' ! :-) Tyler's room looks really cozy and cute ! I love it ! Your mom is very talented too!
I'm sorry to hear that AIT hasn't come through with your appt/travel dates, but I have FAITH (remember Faith?) that they will soon! You are always so positive, and that alone will vibe its way to Taiwan and get things moving!!! I will keep you in my prayers and I will keep checking the blog. I sneak a peek from work too :-)
Helps pass the day....shhhh.
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

couey2007 said...

I love the room. It won't be long. I know the wait is hard! I'm praying you will hear something soon!

Casey said...

Lisa,

My heart is literally aching for you. I am so sorry this wait is taking so long. You know how weak I have been at times and you have been so strong. Now I am here for you....please let me know if you need to chat. I truly understand what you are going through. My prayers are with you my friend. I hope this week is YOUR WEEK.

Thinking of you.
Casey

Nicole said...

Goodness . . . I hope you get your AIT dates soon-i don't understand why it's taking them so long!?!
I'm sure you'll get a call any time!
Love his new room and decor-so happy for you! He's truly adorable!!!!
nicole

Kerry said...

Hi Lisa, thinking of you today and everyday this past week.
Hugs and hope that you are recieving happy news today.