Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane!!

Yippee! We received word today that we have an AIT appointment for Tuesday, February 10th in Taiwan! Our Tyler day will be Monday, February 9th, the very day he will turn 7 months. :) We are just delighted & so grateful to finally be able to plan and coordinate our trip and to take the steps to bring our baby boy home.

So much yet to do, but thankfully all the big things are in place. We hope & pray that other families awaiting AIT dates will hear something soon too, as well as, families awaiting other important milestones and news!

6 years ago as we awaited news of our baby girl I didn't have access to this amazing community of fellow adoptive families. Blogs were not yet mainstream and we had actually never met a family who had adopted from Kazakhstan until well after our travels/adoption were finalized. So to say that this has been a tremendous support network for our family underscores how blessed I feel to have connected in this way with so many of you. Following along with your journeys, witnessing both the frustrations & delays....celebrating as families are brought together through the gift and miracle of adoption........how fortunate I feel to be sharing this adventure with you all! And how truly thankful I am for the love & support that has been sent our way from all of you, our friends & family.

I promise to keep you all posted with further developments!! And I've always wanted to say........we are leaving on a jet plane! ( soon ) :)


20 comments:

Missy said...

I am so glad you finally got your appointment! I can't wait to see pics of you holding that precious lil' guy :)

Michelle said...

WOOHOOO!!!! Get packing! :)

loffer said...

Lisa,

I was gone all day today, but when I finally checked my email I found exactly the news I was hoping for!
HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how many times I thought of you over the weekend, and yet I knew that surely there would be some news today.

Congratulations my friend!!!! Keep us posted!

Lora

Anne Marie said...

Yippeeeee! You must be dancing on air today, Lisa!

While it's so hard to wait period, I think it is all the harder when the wait exceeds what is expected or known, so it can't have been easy being one of the first families under this new AIT rule, but you have borne it with grace (whereas I would have been whining and sticking pins in an AIT voodoo doll)!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I so remember my post of that name and with the song included! :) Congrats friend! Can't wait to see him in your arms!

Blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Ahhh the final step. So happy for you Lisa. I can't wait to see Tyler in your arms.
LOL
Lisa R

Becky said...

Lisa, Scott, Lauren!
Wonderful wonderful news! We're thrilled beyond words for your travel dates to be finalized-best belated birthday gift for you ever!
Love and Hugs,
Becky & Mike

rachel said...

this is just the news i was hoping to see!!!!!! yay!!! congratulations!!!!!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh Lisa! I am just so thrilled that you will be holding your dear Tyler so soon!
Great, now I'm crying all over again after reading your beautiful post! You always write with such depth and sincerity, and it's been such a joy to follow your journey.
I cannot wait to see the pictures of Tyler in your arms, to see your baby where he belongs! And now that it is just a few weeks away I can imagine your relief and your delight! How special you get to meet him on his 7 month birthday!
I am sure you are thrilled to finally be able to get those bags packed and get on that jet plane!
Yay and hooray again!!!!
Warmest thoughts & wishes
Jen

Angel said...

Hooray!!! So happy to hear the good news!!! It's going to be a great year!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

About time huh! This is so awesome! You are almost there!!! Oh my that is soon! Are you running around like a headless chicken... I'll be ... or maybe a gaggle of geese?! If you need anything, just shout! Soon you'll be holding your baby boy and never have to let him go... giving him kisses and raspberries and tickles... what an exciting time. Thank you for sharing. We are wishing you the best and what a wonderful happy new year!! =0) Sara.sofa

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Yey Hurrah Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fabulous news!!!!! Oh Lisa, I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to see your darling little guy in your arms. Selfishly, I hope you will be blogging in Taiwan so I can see EVERYTHING!!! I am so so excited for you!!! Sarah = )

Floyd said...

Outstanding news!!!!
Your family will soon be blessed with more joy and happiness.
I can not wait to see the first family photo!
~~Floyd

Room for More said...

Is there room for one more comment on here? I am soooo happy for you guys! You have been such an encouragement to me for so long and I look forward to your dream of holding your baby become a reality! I will be praying for all the details to go smoothly. GO get that BOY!!!!

Sarah k said...

Woo hoo.. don't forget to check out my travel document on my Taiwan info blog sweetheart.. I think it will be helpful to you... lol... So exciting!!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

yeah!!!!!!!! Safe travels and I can't wait to see your posts on Tyler day!!!

Tisra said...

thank you for your congratulations! I see you are close to getting your little one- how fabulous! Congrats to you, too, then!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Lisa, This is such great news. I am so thrilled for you. Enjoy your baby in your arms .Lots of love and good wishes,Victoria JOH

Jackie said...

AAAAHH!!!!!!!!!! SO excited for you!!!!!! I am praying for you guys! Can't wait to see your little one soon! I'm grinning from ear to ear!!!!! xoxo, Jackie

Journey to our baby said...

We are so excited for you!!! What a super happy time for your entire family :)