Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Looking Homeward......

I wanted to squeeze in one more post before our long journey home. This trip has been nothing short of amazing and it is with a touch of sadness that we say goodbye to this beautiful island and its gracious people. We hope to return one day as a family of 4, but understand it will never be quite the same as this journey. Someday we will see this country again through the eyes of our children but on this journey the lens was uniquely ours. Once home we will have only to peek into the eyes of this cherished child and see the spirit of Taiwan dancing in his eyes and echoed in his laughter, just as we capture the essence of our Kazakhstan journey from so many years ago in our treasured daughter. How blessed we are to have created our family in this way and to blend their rich heritages into our own. How can it be that we would be so lucky to bring not one, but two miracles & children of world home forever?

And just in case you are wondering, Tyler continues to enchant us and is doing so well. We have experienced a few rough patches in the nights as he grieves a bit for his missed Foster Mom and home. Its heartbreaking to witness this, but in the morning we wake to the smiling boy pictured below.

AND OH YES, it is with great joy we look towards home and we can't wait to see our family/friends and especially our Lauren girl!

Lauren's Corner: Hi Sweetie! Hope school was grand today and guess what? We are leaving today to bring your baby brother home! He is sound asleep right now, but we know he cannot wait to see you too!! He is going to LOVE you so much!! Give hugs to Lexi, Mimi & Papa for us and of course we send mega huggies to you!! I miss you more than you know!! Love you and see you SOON!! xoxo Mama

Here are few pictures & I will post again when we are across the big pond and all settled in. Thanks so much for ALL the well wishes and happy thoughts sent our way...they have meant more than I can say!


Happy Boy! Its easy to wake up to this sweet face!! The pink towel? His lovey given to us by his Foster Mom. :) I know my Yah** buddies will get a chuckle outta that!

We had Tyler blessed at the Xingtian Temple. Words can't describe it......

Okay sorry about not sharing a pic. before with just Tyler & I and thanks for the gentle reminders by email......lol......sometimes as the blogger I just forget!! :) And I'm shy.... ;)


Can you read his bib? It says, "Going Places" .....we sure are buddy......going back home today!!!!! Here we come Lauren!!!

24 comments:

loffer said...

Yay for more pictures! I've been checking off and on all day, but my teenaged daughter reminded me that you were probably a bit busy!

Boy, that smile!!! He looks like he's about to burst with joy! And I do love the pink blankie! Wouldn't it be funny if he got attached to it?

Thanks for the pictures of the two of you together. What wonderful memories you will have! I hope you have a smooth flight home and a fabulous reunion with Lauren back at home!

Lora O.

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

I have absolutely loved your posts from Taiwan! Thanks so much for making me feel connected once again to that wonderful country!! Tyler sure looks like a sunny little guy! He is just precious! Have a safe trip home to your daughter/big sister. Much love, Sarah = )

couey2007 said...

I have really enjoyed your post. I love the photos of you all standing infront of the Temple. It was just two short months ago our family was there!! I wish you the best of luck on the long flight home.

Michelle C, AL JOH

Missy said...

You guys look adorable!

Room for More said...

Well that smile will melt your heart won't it! My favorite picture will be of all 4 of you together! Safe passage!

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Oh Lisa,
What an amazing journey and what a beautiful baby boy!!!!! You are one happy mama :-) I love the picture of the two of you---and the smiley one of little man.

WOW!!!! How surreal is this? All the waiting and anticipation, the pictures the videos, the longing. . . and now he is in your arms---for good.
I'm so happy Tyler is home with his family.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Praying for a safe trip home! YOU MADE ME MISS TAIWAN! :) So happy for y'all! YES this is an amazing adventure when you are blessed with one of the worlds children as your own!

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Safe and happy trip home.
lol
Lisa R

Tish said...

safe travels home!!!! he is beautiful!

QingLu Mama said...

Love the pictures! Tyler looks so sweet and just so happy- and you do too! I am so thrilled for you and your two miracles! And the yes grieving must be so hard for all of you (Simone grieved horribly) but the attachment he is forming with you will always be so amazing! And what an amazing journey...I can imagine it must be bittersweet -sad to leave, yet so thrilled to go home! I can't wait to hear about Lauren and Tyler's first meeting!
Safe travels my friend!
Jennifer

Terry said...

Your son is sooo handsome! I love the big smile picture and then the one of the three of you, heck - they are all great pictures !!! Have a safe trip home, and can't wait to see the new family picture of all 4 together, at last!!!
Thanks for sharing your trip and pictures~it is awesome to see it all come together, together as a family.

rachel said...

another beautiful post, lisa! just touching! thank you for sharing all of your heartfelt sentiments! you are such a fabulous mother! :)

happy travels home!

Kerry said...

That Smile! Gorgeous.

Have a safe unremarkable trip home.

Bring home your baby!

Jackie said...

I cried reading this post. Thank you for reminding me of how beautiful and majestic the people and island truly is. I am so happy to see your little man in your arms! He looks SO happy and healthy!!! praying for safe travels, jackie

Ching said...

Lisa,

Yeah for the photo of you and Tyler in your arms! He has a great smile and looks so happy! The pink lovey is too cute! Have a safe trip home!

Ching

Sarah k said...

Wow.. what a smile! How can that not be contagious to love and want to see every moment? I am sorry for the rough moments hon. Just keep reminding yourself that it is all for his good! I think that he will be fine and soon! He is just such an awesome cutie!!! I am so glad the trip was uneventful and that you are all ok. I can't wait to see you are home safe and sound!! We love you and you have done a great job blogging your time for Tyler, Lauren and everyone back home!!

Sarah k

Casey said...

I hope your trip home was wonderful.
The pictures are so beautiful.
I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see pictures of Tyler with his sister.

Casey

Nicole said...

Lisa,
he's so darn cute-i can't take it! Have a safe flight home!

shnyfany said...

Lisa,

Congrats on Tyler's homecoming!!! Such great pics of your family and trip. Looking forward to hearing more updates. Glad to see you guys are finally together!

Take Care,
Shannon

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Okay, that picture with you beaming in front of those yellow light bulb things got me crying. So soon you will be in your home with Lauren as a family of four. I have to go back and read all your posts... 3 monkeys keep me busy!

Congrats again on such a darling little boy and of course your darling little girl waiting back home!

Room for More said...

HI Lisa,

Thanks for checking on me. I am feeling better each day. This 2nd round of antibiotics should kick it. (it better!) I think I have your e-mail address, but I am not sure if it is yours or not, so I didn't want to e-mail to catch up and it not be you : )
I hope now that you are home, you are all settling in to a new routine. I know you are enjoying being a Momma to 2 kiddos! I look forward to hearing all about your first week home! You can e-mail me whenever you'd like. skrobison AT sbcglobal DOT net. Big hugs!

Cheryl said...

CONGRATS!!!!!
Lovely pictures..
Too funny about the pink lovey!!
Why am I not surprised?!

SOO exctied for you all!!

Tish said...

HEY!!! THINKING OF YOU!!!!!!

Kerry said...

Hey- you guys good? I know you must be. Just taking this time- and you should be! Thinking of you and still waiting for that picture of Lauren and Tyler.

Hugs