Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Destination Taiwan: Destination Tyler

Destination Taiwan
Destination Tyler
Destination Dream Come True......

Holy moly, its almost time. Our departure is imminent & we stand excited and eager to finally hold in our arms this little man than swept into our lives and has captivated our waking dreams for months now. It feels almost surreal to think that in a few short days we will meet this new love and discover all the wonder that is Tyler. Throughout our wait, we have been blessed with updates, photos and videos. So much more to document his early months than we have for our daughter, but still only snippets, moments and glimpses of who he is.

This past week my thoughts have turned often to that very thought and I (we) am/are bursting with joy at the thought of this amazing time of discovery ahead of us. Does he have a favorite lovey or toy? What words or gestures comfort this baby boy in the night or during fussy times? Is he shy with strangers or eager to explore? What will his tiny fingers, soft baby cheeks and whisper fine hair feel like next to mine? To smell his delicious baby scent and and watch his face light up in a toothless grin.........to wipe his tears & change his diaper. Does he splash and play in the bath? Clap his hands & giggle when something tickles him? Does he know how often he was thought of and missed? And loved? And dreamt of?

We have missed so many little things and firsts and yet I celebrate in all the many discoveries we have yet to share in! In a very real sense I feel like he has always been a part of our family; a part that lay undiscovered until the day his tiny beautiful face graced our computer screen. And on that day 5 1/2 months ago it was not surprise or circumspect that I felt; instead it was a feeling of familiarity and bliss...........oh yes, here you are my little one; I have been waiting for you. We have been waiting for you........

SO, with much more drama than I intended, I dedicate this final post before our journey to Taiwan to Tyler Pei-En for capturing our hearts, imaginations and minds. To Lauren for bringing such joy, light, love & laughter to each day that we waited and each day before before that too; and for showing us what was possible all along. To Scott for his support, love and patience throughout. ( I wasn't always easy to live with during the delays....lol...) And for his optimism which was not always easy for him. To our folks/families for being the best parents, grandparents, Aunts/Uncles, cousins we could hope for; for all the unconditional support & love given to us throughout. And to all of you.......for sharing in this amazing ride from beginning to end! For each email, note, phone call, blog comment or visit that bolstered our spirits and kept us sane........thank you, thank you!

AND please don't think this is it.........of course I will be blogging from Taiwan ( fingers crossed) and sharing more of the journey when we return home. So you guys are not off the hook yet :) lol.....and of course I will continue to follow all of your journeys too!!

Finally, to add some levity to what has morphed into a serious and emotional post for me.....how does that happen?? Thought I would share some pics. I took a week ago when we were just starting to make some packing piles. It sort of offers an interesting peek into the minds of this household!! Take a look at what we all thought would be essentials for Tyler while in Taiwan.

This is my initial pile. Please note the practical medicines, basics & clothing & Lexi book. :)


These are Lauren's selections: books, 'lil brother' onesie, Robeez( shoes!!) and toys! She actually did great & of course you can see her love of the shoes! Also note how she used this photo op moment to enjoy the crib once again. lol


And this pile? Yep, its Scott's. Those are his contributions.....lol..... kinda puts it all in perspective, huh?!
Next stop........Taiwan!! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! See ya all there!!


20 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh Lisa! I am so excited for you and your family! Happy Happy Days ahead.

He has the Cub's T-shirt and that is all he needs! ;)

Love the shot of Lauren in your little guys waiting crib- it puts everything in perspective.
At this moment- a little girl full of love and excitment waiting on one side of the world for her unknowing little baby brother waiting for her on the other.
The miracle of adoption.
All our love and best wishes for a wonderful trip. We will be waiting for your messages. :)
Hugs, Lisa.

Missy said...

YEAH! Have a wonderful trip!!!

Journey to our baby said...

This brings tears to my eyes, thank-you for sharing your thoughts. We are SO EXCITED for you and I will be checking your blog for updates in Taiwan. I LOVE the puppy gear, so precious. Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait for little Tyler to be your arms.

Suzy

couey2007 said...

I am so happy for you. You will have a great time in Taiwan and I can't wait to see photos of you with your son!!!!

Your blogging friend,

Michelle C, AL (JOH)

Nicole said...

Ohhh, have a safe trip! Can't wait to see you holding the little man!
So excited for you!
nicole

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

YIPPEEE! I am so excited for yall! Can't wait to see that little man in your arms!!! :) SOunds like scott and Bobby woudl get along great! Bobby would snitch the beatles shirt if he saw it! heehee

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Sarah k said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am so excited and ready to read about your journey IN Taiwan!!! I'll even take "to taiwan" right now! lol.. You have a great great great time! Soak it up and try to enjoy the time. Relax (which I couldn't do, I pray I can this time around) and just live! I pray for you to have a safe UNEVENTFUL time. BUT if you need me... find me on here or email!!! I love this post! My heart goes with you Lisa as you travel and I anticipate with you the coming days!!!
LOVE YOU!! Sarah k

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see that little man in your arms!!!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh Lisa, I read this last night but could not comment, I had so many tears I was a useless blubbering fool for hours! I am so excited for you, finally you get to hold that darling son of yours. But also, you’re writing was beautiful as usual; with so much true and genuine emotions that it just touches my heart. I know we all dislike hearing the "how lucky our little ones are" line but yours truly are, for they have you as their Mama, which is exactly where they belong. The love and absolute devotion you have for your children is so evident and so amazing.
And the visual picture you have given about your longing for Tyler and the feelings of his first picture, it all brought tears to my eyes, even now I can't stop...stinkin emotions!

I love the packing picture too, Scott is so like Adam, ha ha! And Miss Lauren did a great job of packing just what her baby brother will need...she is such a good and helpful big sis!

I have felt so fortunate to have been able to follow you on this journey! Have a wonderful trip, enjoy and I can't wait to finally see that boy in your arms! Safe journey...Love you, my friend!
Jennifer

Terry said...

WOW, I can't beleive you are getting ready, packing and planning, and don't forget to breathe! I look forward to seeing all your pictures of your son in your arms! I can't help you pack, location issues, but I would if I could, :-) I can send good wishes and prayers your way for a safe trip! I'm at work, (shhh, don't tell) but I will be checking every day for all your good news!
Yeah, so happy for you ~ keeping the faith! :-)

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Wow, Lisa!
The time is finally here!!! I am so very happy for you and your family and wish you the most magical and memorable time in Taiwan with your son---for the first time---and forever!!! I will be eagerly reading :-)

Becky said...

Count down... hours! Crying through your post (as Lauren said to me Saturday, "everything makes you cry") Have a safe and happy trip and look forward to your blogging from afar! We'll see you, Scott and Tyler the 11th, 11:59 p.m. at Ohare! Hugs and Much Much love!

Becky & Mike

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

YAAAHOO!! Congratulations... and what a great last post here... can't wait to follow along. So soon you will have him in your arms and so soon you will have so many questions answered and so many different ones appear but all magical. Your little girl looks fabulous in that crib.... you're gonna be such an awesome big sister. =0) Safe and happy travels and soon a Happy Family Homecoming. Sara.sofa

Unknown said...

Woooohooooo! Happy Travels, Lisa and Scott! I cannot believe it is finally here! Have a wonderful, safe trip, and oh, yes, I will be checking in everyday anxiously awaiting little Tyler in your arms!!!!

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Lisa, I don't think you can help but get serious, emotional, deep and poignant at this point in your journey. Your words bring tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you. You have waited so long for this exciting time and you have been such a wonderful source of love and support for so many others. May your trip be an unforgettable adventure that you will remember with joy for many years to come. I am thinking of you my friend and hoping you have a safe and easy passage. Much Love, Sarah = ) p.s. DARN RIGHT that wasn't your last post! I better see some pictures up here by the end of the week! lol = )

Lisa said...

I can not wait to see this little man in your arms!!!
lol
Lisa R
PS what a beautiful post.

The Hernandez Herd said...

Lisa, Oh happy day! Wishing you a safe trip. I am beyond thrilled for you. Your little angel will be in your arms in afew days. Enjoy the moment. Victoria JOH

rachel said...

lisa,
i am beyond excited for you! thank you for sharing these beautiful, heartfelt thoughts. i cannot wait to follow your journey to Taiwan! i can't wait to see pics of you all and tyler!
rachel
PS Lauren is absolutely beautiful! she always radiates such JOY!

couey2007 said...

Lisa in case you did not read my post on the board, if you receive this in an email...try to access your dashboard through this comment. Then save my e-mail. I hope this helps you post. I'm glad you are in Taipei!!!

Michelle C, AL JOH

couey2007 said...

THIS IS A TEST ONLY A TEST (LOL)
This is for Lisa. Let me know if this helps.

Michelle C, AL