Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mostly Pictures!













We are home and starting to get all settled a bit! I have been so anxious to share some photos with you all, but the days just seem to melt away! Actually saying they 'melt' away would imply that they gracefully fade away....its just the opposite with two munchkins afoot and we have never been happier & more fullfilled ( or more exhausted!)!! :)
Our little man is adjusting so well to all the new things/people/places in his life during the day. He LOVES his baby food, is napping well ( but not too much!!) and generally can be found smiling, babbling & playing. He truly is a delightful & sweet baby boy! Our nights have been a bit rockier as we struggle with time zone changes and changes in his sleeping conditions. We believe he may have been co sleeping with his Foster Mom, so for now I am camped out on the nursery floor to offer reassurance to him in the night. My Mom has also been staying with us since we arrived home and leaves later this week. Her support and assistance has been a godsend and I don't know how we would have managed without her!! For so many reasons we will hate to see her go!!
AND Big Sis Lauren is handling all of this so very well. She is so thrilled to have us all home and is crazy about her baby brother! He in turn watches every move she makes and is so delighted when she plays and reads to him. We are so proud of the way she handled our absence while in Taiwan and watching her blossom into an incredible big sister has been beautiful to see. Of course in typical 6 year old fashion, she would prefer less drool and fewer poopy diapers to sniff!! LOL
Sorry it has taken me so long to post; I am so behind on visiting blogs and responding to emails. Thanks for your patience, prayers and well wishes!!
Hugs!!

17 comments:

loffer said...

Lisa,

The photos are wonderful!!! What a handsome little man! I especially love the ones with Lauren. I'm so glad that they have already become great pals!

Lora

Michele M said...

What wonderful photos. He is such a smiley baby and I just love the ones with him and Lauren both.

Hope the sleeping issues work themselves out real quick.

Glad to hear from you.

Anne Marie said...

Oh wow, I love, love, love the first and last pics the most, although they are all wonderful. The first one of Lauren and Tyler gazing at each other is just too perfect. Sigh :) I am so happy everyone is adjusting well, and I hope everyone is sleeping well SOON!

Sarah k said...

THEY ARE TOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I ever tell you that dimples on chinese babies means they will be popular????
lol.... Thank you for posting such wonderful pics.. I have been waiting not so patiently!!

Sarah k

Mark & Kris said...

Oh, Lisa, what wonderful pictures!! I love Tyler's dimple!! Glad you are all adjusting well!!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh Lisa! They are both just so gorgeous! I love the pictures, all the sweet love between Lauren and Tyler is just so obvious! I think the 2nd is my favorite, oh OK they’re all my favorites! I am so happy that he is doing so absolutely wonderful and that Lauren is such a great big sis! He looks like such a sweet and happy little boy! All of us crazy girls here in my office have tears from seeing him finally home! And your Mom must be in perfect grandbaby heaven!
And sorry for the loss of sleep…my Mom always says “and this too shall pass” so hopefully soon you’ll be back in your own bed and getting a good nights sleep!
Thanks for updating us on the adjustment! Love Love Love the photos!
Jen

Kerry said...

And the moment we have been waiting for- Seeing your sweeties together. Oh Lisa- it is so wonderful to hear that you are getting along and despite the terrible jet lag and being utterly exhausted- that you are happy and the kids are well!
What a blessing to have your mom there and I know you will miss having her terribly. My mom stayed our first trip for a whole week after- and she saved me! The second time she came to China (we brought Gracie) and she saved me there- but having someone at home is beyond helpful. So- I know the feeling of dreading your mom's departure.
As soon as the jet lag goes away- you will be ready to handle anything! Hugs, friend. And please take care.
You made my week- with the pictures by the way!

rachel said...

yay -- the pictures we've all been dying to see!!!! they are both so beautiful! i am so glad you are home and together as a family!
blessings,
rachel

Lisa said...

Thank you for the pictures. The kids look so happy. Hopefully the sleep issues will work themselves out.
LOL
Lisa R

Tish said...

hooray! i have been waiting for this post! love that first picture...a true treasure! i camped out on M's floor for months...but it didn't help his sleeping. hope your little one is settled soon! more photos! more photos! more photos!

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

I am so excited to see picks of your little man with his sister!!! Just beautiful. He looks so happy and Lauren looks like she has ALWAYS been a big sister! Congrats and enjoy!

Terry said...

The pictures are so cute!! Lauren looks like she is a natural big sister. Your son is so happy and that is wonderful!! I'm glad that you are settling in and re-adjusting. Thanks for sharing ~ looking forward to more pictures of all the smiles around your house!!

Nicole said...

Hey Lisa!!! Welcome home-such wonderful, adorable pictures! What a good big sister Lauren is going to be! May your transition go smoothly-it sure looks like it is! :)
So happy for all of you!
nicole

Room for More said...

Oh he is just HANDSOME! Lauren looks so happy! I do not believe her grin could get ANY wider, do you? We had a rough time with E for a while (and she is bio) We NEVER co-slept w/any of our kids. With E it worked and we ALL got sleep. She is in her own crib now. It was a season is all. I do hope you can get back to your room soon : ) I know you are wiped out. I will be praying for strength and open eyes : )

I am so happy for you all I could burst!!

Welcome Home!

Yvonne Crawford said...

I had posted a long post, but then the internet glitched. :( Anyways...just love the pictures!! So glad you are all home together!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! He is the cutest baby boy, I love the chubby cheeks. I am so glad you are home and all together! I know it has been a long journey. Lauren is a precious big sister! I am so thankful for your blog so I can keep up.
Love,
Paige Stevens

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I nominated you for the Honest Scrap Award at
http://bottomsoffandonthetable.blogspot.com/