Sunday, March 1, 2009

Give "Peas" A Chance

John Lennon said it best in 1969 when he sang, "All we are saying.....is give Peace a Chance".....and this past weekend we thought the same thing, but about sweet peas! LOL Thought you might all like a silly peek into our weekend of food exploration! Our little man is a GREAT eater and has done so well with all the new tastes & flavors we have introduced! His favorites to date are Gerber Bananas & Sweet Potatoes, with his bottle still being tops! Yesterday we tried Sweet Peas ( is there really such a thing??) and we found something Tyler does not care for....... I think the pics. speak volumes about it all!!


Yikes.....what exactly are you feeding me?? Hmmm....maybe if I spit it all out and breathe through my nose it will help! :)

Nope....not gonna do it......not gonna do it!! See how I look away.....maybe if I'm not looking it will disappear!


Hmmm.....these big folks are slow to pick up on the non-verbal cues........ I see I have much work yet to do with these two! ;)

Whoooo-hooooo....something I can get excited about!! ( This shot was taken AFTER we mixed the peas with his Sweet Potatoes! )
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend & as always thanks for stopping by!! I also want to send ((HUGS)) and support to all my Yah** & blogger friends struggling with the pain & wait of their respective adoption journeys. You are in my thoughts & prayers!

13 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Hahahaha! Lisa, that first picture made my weekend. Absolutely hysterical! Tyler is just such a beautiful child -- can you ever get enough of those dimples?!?

loffer said...

Lisa,

How do you always come up with these great (and appropriate!) headlines? I'm with Tyler on the sweet potatoes!!! What a handsome boy! - even covered in mashed peas!

Lora

Kerry said...

You never fail to make me smile! Love these photos of your lil guy- and do you blame him! Those peas are just terrible. If you want peace- stick to the carrots and anything of the fruit variety- even green beans- but no peas please!

Hugs- love the photos.

Lisa said...

Lisa,
How adorable is that first picture with the peas. I have to say Tyler is so cute I want to just smmmooooch him, dimple and all. Peas, vs. sweet potatoes and bannanas...Tyler knows what he likes. Lisa what a sweetheart.
lol
Lisa R

QingLu Mama said...

This is too cute, Lisa!
Thank you for the very much needed smile on a Monday morning! He is just the cutest little boy ever! I love the facial expressions too...the fist clenched in victory is so funny, he is going to keep you on your toes! Gosh, does every sentence about your sweet boy end in a !!!? He is just so adorable I can't help it!
Hope all the family is finally feeling well again and Lauren is back to her sweet and healthy self!
Have a great Monday and thanks again for the grin!
Jennifer

rachel said...

great pictures, lisa! he is so darling!

Sherry said...

Awww... the first picture is a classic! Maybe he'll grow in to the future pea-eaters of America? Hehe! So cute!

Staci said...

Oh, he it too cute!!

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Oh my!!!!! The captions are so perfect! He leaves no question as to what he is thinking. SOOOOOOO precious!!! Now you know, mama. . . always mix those peas with the sweet potatoes and little man will be happy to oblidge! ;-) Thank you for sharing your darling photos---love that sweet little guy!!

Tish said...

CUTE!!!! those dimples are so sweet! and i love the picture on the previous post with the 3 sleepyheads! glad you guys are doing well!!!

Nicole said...

Funny picture! :)
I love the picture of the siblings below-so pretty together and look so happy! What a great brother and sister they will be.

It is hard juggling 2 or even 3 at first, but after time you will get used to it and be a pro!
Hang in there-looks like everyone is doing great!

Nicole said...

Funny picture! :)
I love the picture of the siblings below-so pretty together and look so happy! What a great brother and sister they will be.

It is hard juggling 2 or even 3 at first, but after time you will get used to it and be a pro!
Hang in there-looks like everyone is doing great!

Terry said...

Lisa, these pictures are sooo cute and those dimples you could kiss all day! Your comments are adorable. My family isn't wild about peas either, that never changed since they were babies :-) I hope you have better luck than I did! Keep smiling !