Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's About Time....

It's about time I posted again AND my lack of posting is about a lack of time....lol. This is a poignant month for us and I have so many posts swirling in my head, if only I was better able to carve out more time for sharing! Initially I averaged about 2 posts per week, then later about every 7 days; now I feel giddy if I'm able post every 10 days or so! And like so many other things, I actually set out to blog (tonight) about a different subject altogether but thought maybe instead I would give a summary of "Us Lately" and try to catch-up a bit.

This past Sunday marked 6 months to the day that our precious baby boy was placed in our arms in Taiwan. He took our breath away then and now we are simply & completely smitten and in awe of this incredible gift. 6 months ago TODAY, Scott, Tyler and I were soaring high above the clouds~ destination: home, where an amazing daughter and big sis waited with much anticipation & hope. Another family, a friend from my agency board is flying home tonight with her beautiful daughter....flying home to begin their lives as a family of 5. It is incredible to me, this unbreakable cycle of happily ever after for so very many of us, as evident by the new families formed through the miracle of adoption every day. I send wishes and prayers to Lisa R., Michelle, Sarah K., Wanda(China) and their families ~ may the next 6 months(and beyond) bring only sweet transitions and joy.

And just how is our baby dumpling? Barely 13 mos.(as of this past Sunday!) and I guess some would consider him a toddler now. My Mama's heart does a bit of lurch at that, as I still see sweet baby cheeks & hear sweet baby sounds! He is walking now and no matter how many babies a Mama is blessed with, you never forget the awe and amazement of watching those first tentative wee baby steps! Of course we've been watching this progression for many weeks now; watching the sheer surprise & delight on his baby face upon taking those first forward momentum steps to watching him toddle between two sets of eager outstretched arms. Course he still crawls commando style if he's in a hurry, but every day we are seeing more & more steady steps and witnessing his delight growing with his own accomplishment! He's such a funny and happy little guy and we just can hardly remember a time without him in our lives.

And our sweet Miss? I admit it, like a lot of Mamas you sort of mark your child's milestones and changes by the(school) calendar: birthdays, school events, extra curricular activities, etc. What a surprise for me to find my best girl growing and changing in leaps and bounds AND doing so in the summer!? Hey! That's supposed to me my safe time, right?.....my time to exhale and restore for the Fall. LOL She's doing great.....just today she left for a solo visit to Mimi & Papa's house and while I received loads of huggies and kisses, I'm fairly certain that I was the only one holding back a slight sob and knowing how much she will be missed around here. Course rational Mama knows enough to celebrate this transition and celebrate that she feels safe, confident & secure enough to make this trip. It helps too that my folks are fantastic and she's crazy about them! :) She's also discovered that she loves my Ipod, jumping off the diving board at our local water park/pool & tie-dye! No rhyme or reason, but all delightful......except that I'm missing her big time tonight! And poor baby Tyler wondered around all afternoon calling for "La La"??........

O.K. I think that sums it up for now. I'm tucking in a few photos....... just a little sugar. :) Hope you are all well and I'll be peeking in on y'all just as soon as I can!

Wonder & delight, discovering the joys of the sprinkler.
Finding her own space in a house that's getting a bit crowded with TOYS!! lol

Oh, almost forgot...we have a new addition to our family. I'm pleased to introduce "Lightening", Lauren's crown-tailed Beta. Lexi(our furry girl) is so NOT amused!


Mm-hmm....yes, my baby discovers he's got game! Taking a peek at Lauren's DS game system.

I just love this picture.....Tyler is so gleeful and proud and sweet Lauren looks on, smiling indulgently at her baby brother. Much nicer than the alternative which is sassy Lauren clutching the game to her chest while she flees the room, hollering, "MOM, Tyler's touching my DS again"!! *grin* I mean, that's just a hypothetical........ ;)

14 comments:

rachel said...

love the last picture! so adorable!

it is hard to believe it has been 6 mo! it seems like he has been with you forever, really! you have a beautiful family!

i cannot wait until my kids can stay with my folks. that'll be a great day. :)

thanks for the update and all of the great pics!

xo,
rach

QingLu Mama said...

Oh Lisa, I just love this post and this peek into all things Lauren & Ty!
Wow...6 months! And he's walking!!! How cool, this next milestone in his life!

I am thrilled to hear L went to the Grandparents with so much self-assurance! I bet they are in heaven, but I am sure you are all feeling her absence. And yes, those are some milestones for her also! Wonderful to see her becoming so independent, and of course Mom and Dad have made big contribution to her success and confidence!

Also I LOVE all of the pics. I can't name a fav...I love them all!
Your children are just so adorable and as I always say…they just have a light in their eyes and a glow around them!

Thanks for posting…when I have to start back tracking on you blog to get my “adorable fix” you KNOW it’s time for a new post!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Lisa, What great pictures. It is so hard watching babies turn into little kids. My baby is three and a half and I want to stop the clock. Were did my little baby go. I feel you.
Victoria JOH

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy six months together! It's amazing to see how much they change and grow during that first year home, isn't it? I can still remember the Tongginator's first few steps... we cherished them more than most, I think - probably because she didn't walk until almost 19 months and after lots of therapy. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That smile is priceless!

Nicole said...

Love that last picture too-gosh can he smile big!! We have a new Beta fish in our household as well: Noe-it's a boy, don't ask! :)

6 months flew by-it seems like forever when you're waiting, then it goes so fast when they come home!
Happy end of the summer!
nicole

Sarah said...

loved the "hypothetical" comments. :)

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOVE akk the pics and the newsy post!!!!!!!!!!!! Tyler is doin amazing :)and Miss Lauren is growin up so well!!!

hugs,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

I'm so with you on the blogging. . .I set out to blog and keep getting behind! Loved your update. And the "sugar" was perfect. Such adoable photos! Been considering getting Peyton a DS, and I know Gracyn will be right after it, just like Tyler!!! Your Miss seems nice about it - Peyton might get REALLY ANGRY!!! How's soccer??? I need to get those photos up too. . .after I do a "blog catch-up post" like you!!!

Congratulations on the 6 month milestone!!

Kelli said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog! Isn't it fun to look back at special anniveraries? Congratulations on 6 months as a family of four. Your children are gorgeous!

Terry said...

I can't believe it's been six months already, man, time has flown by. And he's walking too. He is a happy boy. I absolutely LOVE all these pictures! Lots of dimples showing too! Your children are so great - it says alot about how happy Mom is too :-)

Blessed Family said...

I just had to say your kids are the cutest little ones! Great blog!

Sally Bacchetta said...

Fabulous pictures! They perfectly capture the moments that really matter. Thanks for the smiles.

Anne Marie said...

Happy 6 mos. home! That last picture is one to treasure forever -- such natural, complete joy from them both.

So cute that Tyler calls Lauren "La-La". I bet he can't get enough of her even if she sometimes has enough of him ;)