Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Lil' Pumpkins

Our lil' pumpkins and plenty of 'em! Or rather, plenty of photos of them both from our wonderful day at the pumpkin farm earlier today!

Y'all already know that I have been grumbling about this nasty weather business but today was bright, sunny ( where have you been sunshine??) a bit breezy, yes, but mild enough to visit our favorite farm & visit we did!! This was our first visit as a family of four and no matter how many "firsts" we celebrate, it truly never gets old. At this time last year we were still tumbling head over heals with Baby Pei-En and had only had his referral for just 2 months. I remember well last year as we visited the pumpkin farm, thinking that it would be our last time just the 3 of us and imagining how next years' visit might be different. LOL Well, it certainly was different and keeping up with two eager and excited lil' pumpkins sure kept us hopping and it sure kept us smiling too!

We have been visiting this particular farm for years and I think only missed one year when Lauren was just one. Over the years we have visited others, but always this one calls us back. We love that it has retained some of our same favorite activities and while it has gotten a bit more commercial since our first visit years ago *sigh* you can still see the owner's family dog running through the crowds and count on plump orange pumpkins a'plenty! And the pie......oh, the homemade pie.....

Lauren loved the pony ride best and was an absolute peach with Tyler. She was the first to make certain that he saw all the attractions that she loves best and held his hand when he was uncertain about the corn maze. Tyler......well, yep, he loved it ALL, but the petting zoo probably enchanted him the very most. I have NO pictures of the kids with the animals cuz Little Man has no fear and trying to keep little fingers safe is a full time job! :) I only truly got nervous around the turkeys and peacocks.......they were a tough group of feathers and several of them sported some unsettling gleams in their birdie eyes. :)~ Tyler made us all laugh as he tried to match up the animals with their "sounds". He got the cow, pig and sheep just right, but I'm pretty sure the goats, bunnies and ducks were a bit put off with his eager, loud and joyful, "cocka...dooooo, doooooooooo, deee" aimed in their direction! :)

And while none of our pics were just perfect ( not easy with two ya know! ) we had a nearly perfect day! Once again WAY too many for one post, but I know 2 eager Mimis who would be sorely disappointed if I don't share as many as possible!! :) Finally, I LOVED seeing all the pumpkin farm outings on so many of your blogs and simply can't get over how many darling lil' pumpkins there are out there in bloggyland!

Our two pumpkins (actually together in the SAME pic!!) enjoying the corn crib!

Lauren helped Tyler run through the corn husk tunnels ~ I love the pure joy on their faces!

Not sure he liked the prickly straw, but had to show the post hat hair!! LOL Defies gravity!


This is for my bloggy friends who like to see(me) Mama once in a blue moon too! And for my Mom, who I know will be looking! I so wanted a family of 4 pic. but Scott wouldn't pose! :(

Lauren taking a ride on beautiful Spirit!

She loved that pony soooo much......our little horse whisperer.

I just hate that Lauren's face was covered, but had to share this........I love those Big Sis protective hands holding on to Tyler and I love his obvious joy at being hugged by Big Sis even more!
We have pictures of toddler Lauren on these tractors too! One lil' pumpkin almost too big to ride and one lil' pumpkin just getting started! That makes me nostalgic for so many reasons!

And this one......we tried so hard for that classic "pumpkin shot" but he was just way too busy to sit still for too long! Who can blame him? You can see that he's already planning his escape and merely tolerating one more picture! LOL He also called the pumpkins "balz" all day long! :)
Ironically we left with NO extra pumpkins today. Lauren simply didn't spot "THE ONE".....
Luckily our weather is supposed to be gorgeous for the next few days and we have one final trip planned to a local farm ~ so hopefully I'll have a few more shots to share soon and who knows? Maybe we'll get that family shot and elusive "pumpkin shot" yet! :)

21 comments:

Sarah said...

Loved the last two pics especially! Tractors and balls! Heehee. That's what Hannah called them, too.

Tracy Ann said...

What a great day! I still cannot get over his hair, just too cute! You have a beautiful family.

momwithfaithandhope said...

Forget the perfect pumpkin shot! These are GREAT. Love the hat hair, and the hat pic too! Lauren is such a beautiful big sister and those protective arms speak volumes. They speak "LOVE" - she must get it from her Mama! And yes, we love to see your face too. I was just telling DH how beautifully you write and how your comments are always so heartfelt. Always touching my heart! Go find the "one" pumpkin that does it for Lauren and post a pic of it for us!

Wanda said...

you said "And while none of our pics were just perfect ( not easy with two ya know! ) we had a nearly perfect day!"

Oh Lisa, I know, I know. You got amazingly lucky with the shots you did get.

My fav is the last one of Tyler amongst the pumpkins. It/he couldn't get cuter. (And nice to see your face there in one of them too. Boo to hubby.) ;)

I chased my two around all week-end trying to get them in the same shot. And landed very few. Lost a pound of two trying though. (yah!)

And one last thing (didn't mean to write you a book here) - isn't it true how each event is compared to the same one last year as a family of three and how we wondered who and what - and now it is. Just amazing!

Mark & Kris said...

Awesome pictures, Lisa!! Your children are beautiful! kris

QingLu Mama said...

Oh what a fun day! And I loved all of the pictures, they were each perfect in their own way!!
Tyler’s hair has me laughing too…he is such a cutie! I love this 1st for your family and imagine that each 1st is just as amazing as the last! (Soon I’ll know…Yipee!)
We too love the Pumpkin Patch and all the Autumn joy it brings.
And the picture of the three of you is wonderful…yes, we do like to see your pretty face once in a while too!
Thanks for sharing such a happy and fun filled day with us!
Jen

rachel said...

what fabulous pictures!!! LOVE the hat hair! that's really something! i loved the pic of you, too! you look radiant! beautiful family... inside and out!

Missy said...

OMG! Tyler's hair just makes me smile. How adorable. Lauren just keeps getting more and mmore beautiful everyday. You are one lucky mama!

The Hernandez Herd said...

What great pictures. I feel like going to a pumkin patch now. We just got ours from the store. I really love that hat hairdo. Too funny!Thanks for the care during our sickness. We are much better now and ready for the holidays!
Victoria

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I LOVED all the pics! I am beginning to wonder if my Jeremiah and your sweetie may be related! They have the same HAIR! :) sooo cute :)

hugs
Tami

Casey said...

Beautiful pictures!
You have such a beautiful family.

Casey

Lisa said...

Lisa,
Love the pictures. You guys make a beautiful family. The joy is evident in all your faces.
LOL
lisa

Terry said...

Chasing two kiddos isn't easy - been there, done that, a LOT! What pictures you took are great! Everyone is having a great time and all the smiles, speak volumes of FUN!! Weekend Weather here was terrible, so no pumpkins for us this past weekend
:-( but thanks for sharing yours!
I just love Tyler's hair! Defies Gravity - LOL!! It was great to see you and your proud mama smile in there too! Lauren is such a wonderful big sister. The tractor picture is cute - big smiles! I hope Lauren finds 'the perfect one' for your front step! What great memories your family has made over the years and many more to come!!

couey2007 said...

Love his hair!!!! We have had so much rain....we have been unable to go to our favorite pumpkin patch. It has been closed most days...thanks for the pictures!

Kelli said...

Not easy with two? Not easy with one either! I love the hat hair- too much! Looks like a great day!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

"hathead" hilarious!!! That sweetie sure had the hair...we need some of that hair over at our house.

Cute, cute, cute, we are headed to the pumpkin patch this weekend, and I know Hayden will love it, she has a baby pumpkin that she carries around all day long...that lil pumpkin is going to be ripe for pie very soon:)Yuck

Thanks for sharing and I love the pic of all 3 of you....you are the smiling, happy pretty mama that just glows when she is with is her kiddos...you can just see it the love in your eyes!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Finally catching up... and all I have to say is that our boys would have a BLAST together!! (And I think we would as well!)

PS - I love seeing the mama's on their blogs! Love that pic!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. This is such a great time of year for kids and parents too.

Anonymous said...

balz, cute!

They are adorable together! I'd say you got some perfect pumpkin outing shots!

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Lisa,
What a breath of fresh air you are!!! I truly feel my heart is lighter just after reading your sweet post! I LOOOOOOVE the pictures of Lauren and Tyler. How beautiful they both are! I just WISH we could meet one day. I know I have a little girl who would love to meet Lauren and Tyler---and I would absolutely love to hug your sweet neck too :-)

Anna Grace was THRILLED with her letter from Lauren, and she just put a new letter in the mail today. She literally squealed when she checked the mail and saw her letter from Lauren! She now likes to check the mail regularly---

Have a wonderful Halloween, and thank you so very much for your kind words. You are a peach!!!!

Anne Marie said...

What did I just say about Tyler's hair?!? Lauren sounds like the best big sister ever! (And you had me at pie....)