Monday, October 26, 2009

The Tale of a Pumpkin

& a pint sized lion on the loose! :)

Oh gosh, more & more pictures to share! I keep promising myself that I'll pen one of the more 'substantive' posts that have been rambling around my brain of late, but with all the Fall splendor and family fun its hard to resist sharing these glimpses of our recent days! And the days just seem to melt away........

As promised we did venture out again to our local pumpkin farm(still in search of that ideal pumpkin!) and while it was cloudy we did enjoy the milder temperatures. This little farm is so rustic and was virtually empty the afternoon we visited. Both of our kiddos fell in LOVE with THE very biggest pumpkins they offer.....*gulp*........ but then I'm getting ahead of myself!

I think the photos will tell the story best of all, but wanted to add that an awfully sweet lion prowled about today and attended his first Halloween party ever with our buddies at story time. We have 2 costumes for baby this year as both Mimi's bought one last year while we waited for Tyler to come home. Thankfully we have plenty of events to try them out and Tyler truly worked the costume while he dashed about growling "grrrrrrrrrrrr" and flashing his feline claws! (Flashed some wickedly cute dimples too! )

We WILL be back soon with Halloween moments and I just cannot wait to see all of your ghosts, goblins and cuties too!

The cutest King of the Jungle EVER!!
Yippee......snagged 'em both (together) AND they are both looking........makes a grown Mama swoon!


Tyler loved Daddy's hat.......Daddy's school celebrated Spirit Week for Drug Awareness and it was hat day!



Our family found a sweet pumpkin among this bunch......but that didn't stop our two goblins from dreaming MUCH bigger orange.....



What's a fella to do with no way to escape?? :) Grin broadly of course!



Our Little Miss selected this pumpkin as her first choice........a mere $50 plus prize! At least it doubles as a small sofa. :0



Yup......Tyler found one too.....a whopping $75 dollar pumpkin to love on. Huh? When oh when did pumpkins become so pricey? Fortunately our champagne wishes kiddos happily settled on a much smaller gem! :)~

Look Ma, no hands..............


And we met a few nefarious characters milling about........amazingly even creatures of the night brush and floss their pearly whites! ;)


And when at last it was time to head for home, our littlest 'punkin' needed a ride from a hat wearing Daddy. This pic actually squeezes my heart just a bit.......and I love how tiny our little man looks in Daddy's protective arms!

Wishing everyone a safe, dry, mild and "spooktacular" Halloween!!!

18 comments:

Tracy Ann said...

You are so funny, love that the pumpkin can double as a small sofa! Sweet pictures, looks like a wonderful day. Thanks for you kind words on my blog:)

Tracy

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

I just love your wonderful pictures of your beautiful family!!! I know I just posted earlier tonight on your last post, but this one is just as "post-worthy"!!! Tyler is such a handsome and very happy little man!!! I love his infectious smile. And, Lauren is an absolute beauty! Very blessed, indeed. The joy in your posts and most especially in their faces is unmistakable. Thanks for sharing :-)

Sarah said...

$75 and $50 for a pumpkin?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? Seriously? And I thought our $10 pumpkin was kinda steep.

Of course, your pumpkin photos are so sweet. Love the hat!

Wanda said...

Well...swoon away mama - you earned it! Adorable pictures of another fun day - punkin pickin. (Did you really say $75.? What's happening out there?)

Love Tyler's rendition of the cutest lion on the block and Lauren is so sweetly gorgeous.

Happy Halloweening!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

How cute are your kiddos sitting amongst the pumpkins?! Oh my. Sweetness! And yes, when did pumpkins get so expensive?! At "our" patch they were $1/pumpkin... but when we went with friends to another patch, the same size pumpkins were $7-$8! What?! Geez! But it's worth it for the experience right?! At least that is what I keep telling myself!

Lindsey from The R House said...

Hello!

I am the Community Manager for AdoptionVoices.com--the rapidly growing adoption social network.

I wanted to personally invite you to participate in AdoptionVoices for free by adding a profile for yourself (or your family) and connecting with others who share a similar passion for adoption. You can events, create and host groups, upload success videos, etc. We think you would be a perfect fit!

To join, simply go to www.adoptionvoices.com and click on the "sign up" box in the top right corner.

It only takes about 5 minutes to set up a quick profile.

Please let me know if you have any questions; it would be my pleasure to assist you in any way I can.


See you on AdoptionVoices! ;)

Mark & Kris said...

Don't you hate how pumpkins cost so much?!! I tried to grow our own this year, but even though we had nice blooms bees did not pollinate them, so no pumpkins. Off to the pumpkin patch we went! Anyway, your photos are fantastic!! And I do believe Tyler is the cutest lion EVER!! Kris

momwithfaithandhope said...

Ditto on the pricey pumpkins! Glad I bought our big ones at the grocery store!

Love, love the new photos. I'm totally with ya on trying to catch up with writing when there's so many great pictures! Pictures do speak volumes, so it's okay! Take a break! My favorite picture has to be the one of Tyler wearing Daddy's hat! And Lauren is looking so mature. Beautiful as ever! You must be one proud Mama! And congratulations on getting them both to "look" at the camera!

Can't wait to see the other costumes. That's one GRRRReat lookin' lion you have.

Lisa said...

50 and 75 dollars?? IKES. Glad that they settled for the regular kind. Of course I love your pictures of the kiddos again. They truly are gorgeous children. Happy Halloween.
LOL
Lisa

Anne Marie said...

When did pumpkins become so expensive, yowza!!!! I love the photo of both of your pumpkins -- together, both looking and both *smiling*!!! Beautiful!! Tyler's hair makes my day every time I look at your blog (and no there is no cuter king of the jungle).

Terry said...

Glad to hear that you found the 'One' special pumpkin, at the non-champagne prices. I saw a few pricey ones here too and had similar thoughts...told the kids couldn't carry them to the car :-) (hey, it worked)

Your pint sized lion, is just too cute to be fierce. But I did giggle a bit at the thought of him growling, while flashing his all too adorable dimples! I could almost hear him!

Can't wait to see more pictures of your Halloween cuties all decked out for the evening adventures. I already advised my (grown) trick or treaters, they have to let me take some pictures....I wasn't allowed to take them for back to school, so they owe me! LOL

Great pictures of your kiddos smiling and looking at you at the same time - nice job Mom!!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Wow, they have $75 pumkins? I did hear that thewre was a shortage this year. I paid $2 for ours and it only lasted two days before we got the black fuzz inside and off tto the trash. So great to see the liittle munchkins enjoying the season. Victoria

Dunns said...

What cute,cute,cute pumpkins you have there?? Great fall & halloween pics! I love this time of year!

Debbie

Kelli said...

The cutest little lion, ever! Great pumpkin pics- glad the kiddos settled for smaller models. Here I thought I got ripped off paying $8 for Aiden's! Have a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh These are soooo adorable!

QingLu Mama said...

Happy Halloween my friend!
Love love love all the pics...I mean could those two get any cuter? I wish I could pick just one fav photo, but alas I am smittin with them all!
I can't wait to see the kiddos in the costumes they trick or treat in, and I'd love to see what your prize pumpkin gets carved into!
Hugs from across the pond!
Jen

rachel said...

great post - great pictures!!! what cuties you have! boy, those ARE expensive pumpkins. we just got some big ones for $5.99 today. They were 50% off. see, there actually is something positive about being disorganized and always behind -- i scored a good deal on pumpkins! :)

a delight to see your sweet children! have a great halloween!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

awwww the Lion picture is GREAT! I LOVE IT :) So sweet :) I can't wait to see and hear more!

hugs
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com