Sunday, October 11, 2009

Snow White and the Seven........

Our Sweet Snow White Halloween circa 2005

Boo & boo hoo!! :) Gosh, but it has been chilly here, following a long stretch of summer like weather. A bit over a week ago we could have been found in shorts and sandals, but alas the North wind has found us and this weekend has been brrrrrrrr............unusually cold! And while we are fortunate to be able to snuggle in when we aren't dashing to soccer games and school events, it has added a wrinkle to our usual Autumn and Halloween festivities. As of yet we have not had a day fit for our traditional apple picking or pumpkin hunting........OH, Great Pumpkin, where are you?? :) We even were forced to slink into our supermarket and select a store pumpkin to adorn our lonely front porch..........crazy talk! And while the decorations are up and the kids have donned their Halloween tees, our date with the pumpkin patch will await another weekend. Until then and cuz the days have been zipping by so quickly, I thought I would take y'all back a few years to glimpse the sweetest little Snow White that ever lived and peek at our version of her "seven dwarfs".

Wishing you all happy pumpkin plucking and balmier days!!

Snow White



Sleepy


Bashful ;)

Happy

Happy (2) :)

Sneezy

Grumpy ( and a bit sleepy)

Grumpy (but mostly silly!)

Doc

And no way is this Mama gonna have a "Dopey", so instead I'll share a pic of my "darlings" taken today. I love how joyful they both look and its a pic. of them TOGETHER, where both are sort of looking forward! lol AND we managed some play time outdoors, despite the chill!! Yay!!
And They Lived Happily Ever After.............




18 comments:

Wanda said...

I just loved a little glimpse of your week (what's with the weather?) and your adorable Snow White and her entourage.

Let's hope next week-end is better for happy pumpkin picking. (I'll confess I just bought 2 from the grocer this week too.)Shh....

Lisa said...

Love this...How cute and creative of you. Of course every picture is adorable (grumpy or not) of both kids.
LOL
Lisa

rachel said...

love this, lisa! you are so clever! so great to see so many different expressions from your kids! and each one is completely adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the dwarf review!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

What a fun post! I needed this today... I feel like we just have seven grumpies in the house here! Love that boo shirt... but I bet you knew that already! ;-)

Kerry said...

Cutest post ever! Love all the photos of your sweeties.
We've been a bit sneezy and grumpy due to the weather! Here's hoping for a little more Happy!

Hugs

The Hernandez Herd said...

Lisa, that was great! You are so creative. I love this time of the year. We just started to get some cold weather here also.Well, upper 60's. We are all wearing jackets now. This is cold for Southern California. Victoria JOH

Nicole said...

Love the "circa" pictures-it's great to see what they looked like younger-too cute! Love all the adorable faces as well-keep snapping-how you like our cold winter already?!?
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I know a child is darling when I click to the blog and begin to laugh aloud at a little cutie. That is what I did today. Your Snow White is breath taking! DARLINGS you have there!

Tracy Ann said...

I love this post! All of the pictures are darling.

Sarah said...

What a creative post with all of the great pics! Made me laugh! That's right, no Dopeys in your bunch, and certainly lots of Happy!

Casey said...

How ADORABLE!!!

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Oh, what wonderful and beautiful pics, Lisa!! I love how happy they both are. What a blessed family you have! And, I love your cleverness and creativity!!! Snow White is quite the princess! My girl is going to be Mary Poppins this year :-).

Terry said...

What a great story, a newer creative version. I love all the pictures of your 'seven'....there's that number again too! :-) Must be a lucky number for your house!
Our house is just starting to get Halloween like, extra projects for school to finish first. Pumpkins, Jack-o-Lanterns and roasted pumpkin seeds this weekend!
Very cute pictures!!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Weather sucks! We made it to the Pumpkin patch to find NO FAT ORANGE pumpkins. . .so while we plucked 3 little ones, I had to go buy my FAT ones from the cardboard box at the grocery store! Oh well, I saved a ton a money I suppose.

Lauren was one beautiful Snow White! Need a photo for Dopey? I can send you mine. Any mom with 3 kids, of which one is a newborn, one is a dramatic 4 year old and one is sick looks Dopey. LOL

Can we see Lauren's other costumes?! Take us through all the years! (If you have time!) Something I'd love to do with Peyton's pictures, but NOT going to happen! Thought I'd live vicariously through you!

Carrie S. said...

Hey Girlfriend!!
Been awhile in the bumps and grinds of school and soccer! Love, love, love those little darlings!! Keep them coming!!
Carrie

Kelli said...

Very cute and creative post! Great pictures!

Anne Marie said...

Oh the pics of Lauren are A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E -- wow, I know 4 years is more than half of her life, but it is still amazing to me how much change can happen in so little time. And then to be treated to all the dwarfs! LOL! PERFECT!