Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Black & White Wednesday

Fellow blogger, friend and inspiration, Wanda discovered Black & White Wednesday at Lisa's stunning blog, The Long Road to China a few weeks back. The concept behind it is brilliant as it invites photographers from across the spectrum ( meaning amateur newbies like me who just like to snap pics. of their munchkins and wish to learn more about photography ~ to professional photographers and everyone in between too! ) to share photos in black & white collectively.

For Lisa it was a way to beat the Winter doldrums and while we here are still relishing the white stuff and the new activities it yields, it IS true that I seem to take fewer photos as we spend much more of our time now indoors! I so miss our sunny days of basking ( er...racing after two active kids!) and I haven't felt a warm breeze on my face in oh so long now! But when I began peeking back into my photo archives it was like reliving those days of summer gone and just plain fun to glance back too! Time marches on swiftly but the moments we capture on film and in our hearts remain forever.

Please consider adding your thoughts and photos to this weekly Wednesday project and join in the fun! I may not be able to contribute each week, but I hope to as often as possible.

Below are a few photos from the summer a year ago ~ I'm calling this first series: Simply Summer with Lauren

Above: This one caught my eye then and now as it captures her sweet innocence yet reminds me (gasp) of the bride she will one day be..........which of course I'm SO NOT ready for!! lol

Below: The next 2 were taken in downtown Chicago: the first is Lauren playing in the fountains near Old Navy Pier and the second is her relaxing on what is fondly dubbed "the Bean" at Millennium Park. I think she was wore out in the 2nd one, but its a true emotion captured from that day! :)



And finally.....I can almost smell the blossoms Lauren is sniffing in Mimi O's pretty Springtime backyard.

Want to see more contributions by other's? Dash over to Lisa's, blog:
www.thelongroadtochina.blogspot.com for truly breathtaking photography AND peek at my friend Wanda's gorgeous girls & photos at her site: www.atlastmilanascominhome.blogspot.com ( or click on my blog roll)

Thanks for stopping by & taking a peek with me!

33 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh Lisa, I LOVE that you joined in.

And did you ever! Your first capture of your sweet big girl is breathtaking. Your future vision was my first thought. She's just gorgeous in this picture - I can just see her in her veil. (And I'd be sniffing right along with you.....).

I love all your choices here (and they converted so well to blk and wh)but the last one makes me acutally smell those flowers and long for what's to come,eventually. It's really a beautiful frozen moment. Timeless.

Thanks my friend, for your sweet sweet words. You are just a dear.

Hugs,
Wanda

QingLu Mama said...

Lovely pictures of your lovely sweet pea! Oh I could just smell the new blossoms of spring and feel the warmth of summer looking at them!
I always forget to take black & white but every time I see them I just love the look and effect.
I promise an email to you soon...Sammy has been keeping me busy with his icky sicky, but we are on our way to all better. Hope all is great with you and your clan!
Jen

Unknown said...

Such a pretty little girl! Great shots! - this Black & white wed.. is a fun little diddy isn't it?

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

She is lovely!

kerri said...

Great shots, I love the one in chicago, the reflection is fantastic!!
I love the softness in the first shot, she will be a beautiful bride someday. ;)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Beautiful....I love them all. She is quite a beauty!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog..
You have a beautiful family..Your children are lovely.
Your pics were beautiful.I love visiting all the different families as well...kinda magical...to be able to see so many different people's journey thru life.
Be back again!
Annmarie

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Lisa,

So glad you joined us this week:)

What wonderful moments to look back on....Lauren is such a beautiful girl and it seems as though you really captured her true spirit.....LOVELY!!

Have a wonderful week!

Lisa

Lisa said...

What a beautiful blog you have. The love you have for your children leaps of the pages and your pictures are just beautiful as well.

Thank you so much for coming to visit my blog today.

It is so nice to meet you!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

love the one in the curtains!! Bride....don't say that word, it makes me cry just thinking about it!! They all turned out so pretty and you captured the moment so beautifully, but it isn't hard when you have such a beautiful model:)

Krista said...

Love your pics and the thoughts of spring that they invoke! It can't come soon enough for us either.

Sarah Andrews said...

Oh those are some great captures. What a nice way to beat the winter blues....your pictures make me wish for spring!

Beautiful!

Gail said...

Lovely captures and black and whites, the first one of your daughter is absolutely lovely!

Shelly and Family said...

WOW - LOVe the photos and Thank You for stopping by our blog to say "hello"! Can't wait to follow along you & your family life journey....

Sincerely,
Shelly

Briana's Mom said...

These pictures are stunning! And your family is beautiful!! I really love the reflection shot - that is so cool!

Thanks for you super sweet comment on my blog! :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

I love the reflection shot of Lauren at the Bean! Too funny - I just love her expression!

Robin said...

Sweet pictures ... the first one is my fav! You captured some great moments!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh wow, each and every one of these is stunning! I hope you have that first one in a frame somewhere. And that last one... See, this is why digital frames are so wonderful. Right?! You can have them ALL.

I love this idea... I can't wait to see what you do!

Ashia said...

these are great!! i especially love the ones of her smelling the flowers!!!

CM said...

Wow, amazing pics! I love them all!

Lisa said...

Each of your photos are breathtaking. I am always envious of those that can take great picts.. I am one of those people that just cant take good pictures. Lauren is such a beautiful child.
Lisa

Jodee said...

Lauren is absolutely adorable! Great black and white pictures!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know which picture is my favorite. They are all so great! I think maybe the flower one...Also the "bride" one is really sweet too!

Unknown said...

Holy WOW! All of your pictures are so perfect. I love them! The pier one is SO cute. She looks tired but also extremely happy! Perfect! : )

jenbusymom said...

What pretty pictures, love the blossoms and the mirror one too!

rachel said...

so beautiful! I love them!!!!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

The pictures you chose were wonderful! I love the one at the bean.

Congratulations on your son! We're waiting to adopt from Taiwan. We had hoped for a baby this year but there have been some unexpected delays. :(

Look forward to seeing future posts.

Blessings~
Lisa

Unspoken said...

Love them all, but the first is the one I would HAVE to frame!

Tracy Ann said...

Stunning! You've captured some great moments.
Love your blog!

Tracy

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Wow these pictures are beautiful!!!! I absolutely LOVE the first one...I hope you framed it!!! : )

momwithfaithandhope said...

I had just a few minutes to spare and your post title grabbed me! Gotta run, but beautiful photos!!! Love the first one. . .

Wish my own mom had seen me in my veil! Be sure to save this one for the day you marry off your baby girl!

Jboo said...

Wow -- those are beautiful photos -- and so lovely to think about the warm weather! You have an adorable family! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.

Janet

Sara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your furry girl is almost as cute as your other kids! The black and white pictures of your daughter are beautiful.