Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Look Back

Yesterday we had our final post placement visit with our Social Worker and certainly it brought to the forefront of our minds the full circle our family has made. Our SW has always been rather taken with Tyler and he in turn never misses an opportunity to showcase his many charms on a lady! :) In so many ways, its difficult to imagine our lives now without this bundle of amazement, yet yesterday's visit is tangible proof that our journey to Tyler began well over 2 years ago ~ and along the way it was marked with many twists, curves, unexpected hurdles and ultimately one of the two greatest joys of our lives. Amazing......

AND as we are approaching our one year anniversary of bringing this little wonder home, I thought it might be fun to share a sampling of the photos that we were taken of him on the disposable cameras we sent ahead in care packages and prior to our travels. The quality is just okay ~ I mean they were disposables :) and the quality suffers a bit more with scanning and uploading, BUT we treasure them so much as they offer a glimpse into the months we waited to bring him home(and missed sharing with him)........they are vital threads of his life and time in Taiwan ~ sneak peeks into his "everyday" while in his birth country. Priceless!

We believe these were taken in clusters and when he was around 5 and 6 months old. I love that many of them show him smiling up at someone who I know in my heart must have been his loving Foster Mom ~ two of the photos we received (but not shown) have glimpses of her kneeling near him, to the side of the frame, ever vigilant & close by. The stroller photos remind us of the daily walks he took with her and we know how he loved and continues to adore those outings!

AND if you make it through this nostalgic peek back, I added the final update video we received of Tyler in January of last year. At that time we knew we were close to travel (February) and still to this day it remains one of my favorites and the one I simply cannot sit through without a tear or two!

In the weeks to come as we approach our family milestone, I'm sure I will be spending as much time looking back as I am looking forward and I thank you all for coming along on the ride with me! I think I'm in VERY good company! :)

In his Baby's First Christmas Outfit..........I love this photo.
*grin* Daddy cringes at his boy sporting Mary Janes......LOL

Oh, he loved that "paci", but once home he rarely used it ever again!


Well, I might cry too with beads on my head! Ohhhhh......

I know and LOVE that mischevious grin!

All ready to go!

Such a happy boy....then & now! Oh, there's his Christmas teddy bear too!

Just hanging out with my buds!



This can only be his........I've had my bottle and I'm full and content......face.



Our precious boy........


I know a bit about this face too..........sometimes it means....."no more pictures please". :)

Oh my goodness...I just remember thinking last year while watching this (and its SO clear it feels like yesterday)......we are coming baby boy.....we are coming!!

14 comments:

rachel said...

oh lisa, what a treasure - an absolute treasure!!! i love them! i hope E's nannies took pics with the camera we sent so that we will have pic to share someday, too. happy 1 year, girl!

Michelle said...

Ah, gotta love our foster mom. I have pics of Tessa in the same playpen, stroller and blue chair. She was so wonderful to our baby girl.

Wanda said...

Oh Lisa - what a treasure you have. So many wonderful pictures and the video - oh, it is precious and irreplaceable. What a gift they gave you. (I can't get over how hard they worked to get him to laugh and I think he must have been thinking "what.....I'm being cute...how can you want more?")

We got some picutres of early life for both our girls but nothing like these. No wonder he is such a happy baby boy. He was so well cared for and loved. What a heritage. What a blessing!

Happy almost one year. Such a time to remember and be thankful for. Your Tyler just completes your beautiful family!

Hugs,
Wanda

Lisa said...

Wow all done with the SW post placements... we have our 6 month on Monday. How wonderful these pictures are, I love his little double chin, and oh Mickey looks like he just wants to give him a squeeze. Amazing how one year later things are so perfect... We are the lucky ones to have these little beautiful people in our lives!!!It doesnt get better than this...
Lisa

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh, what an amazing milestone!! One year - wow!

And these photos. Oh my word!! They are just amazing and beautiful and adorable... I love how many you have, and how it really looks like Tyler - just smaller!! Wow. I'm speechless due to all the cuteness. What a wonderful gift.

And that video?! Funny and cute all at the same time.

Sweetness!

Shirley H. said...

love the photos and video! From the video.. Is Tyler not afraid of tickle?

Kelli said...

So fun to see these pictures. It is fun to look back, isn't it? How special to have these pictures- the mickey pictures crack me up. And the video- so wonderful to have!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I can't believe how big he's gotten! It's amazing how the time just passes in the blink of an eye once you are home, isn't it?

QingLu Mama said...

This is amazing....wow, what a lovely way to remember this awesome time in your lives...a year ago! How wonderful to have this glimpse into Tyler's life in his obviously loving foster home! And the way you posted it... what a treasure for you al to look back at in years to come! I just love how they show such a range of Tyler's emotions...happy, exuberant, not so happy, conent! Just a joy to look at, as I've done quite a few times today!

And the video...Oh I can inmagine the feelings watching it agian must bring. You were so very ready to bring him home, this must both amazing to watch and make you just ache to get him even more! Gosh, I remember the fingers crossing, prayers said and checking of email daily just waiting to hear your travel news. What a year it has been!!

I can't believe how much your little guy has grown, and he has certainly kept that sweet charm evident in these first photos! I am sure the SW is just as delighted to make your visits as you are to do them!

Great post, as always, Lisa! I so enjoyed thise peek into Tyler's world. He is such a beautiful boy...then and now!
Jen

Tracy Ann said...

How wonderful that you have so many beautiful pictures! He just so sweet. What a gift.

Also, thanks for your sweet comments:)

The Hernandez Herd said...

The little baby pictures are precious. Wow how time flys. How precious to be able to have a video of his early days. I am sure you will cheris that. Victoria

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Oh Lisa look at sweet Ty!! What funny and cute pictures. We are all so blessed that we have pictures of our children while not with us. Mrs.Chen rocks...I truly thank her on a regular basis because I know that she took such great care of Hayden, and loved her to pieces. We are very lucky.

Happy 1 year, and I know the future is full of bright happy memories with those beuatiful kiddos of yours.

We have our final PP visit coming in Feb. Hard to believe we will finally be coming full circle and have it all complete:)
Hugs and Happy weekend to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Josh and I have a son!!!!?
3 year old Alex!! I am totally sending disposable cameras to his foster mom ASAP!

Unspoken said...

Lisa, how darned cute he is! Found you again through Tracy :).

xxAmy
pen MT