Thursday, March 11, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes......

Shhhh.....hey, can you all keep a secret? Yup, thought so! Kay, its like this see......my Mama's been real real busy ( I consider it a point of pride that I'm able to keep her so distracted) and since she completely missed out on sharing the finer points of me turning 19 mos. AND she's already 2 days late on announcing my status as a 20 month old ( is it just me, or that does that sound pretty old? Hey, does this qualify me for borrowing the car?) I decided to take matters into my own hands and bring you all up to speed on......well, on....little ole me!

Wow, lots has changed since her last update ~ it is after all my job to keep this family on their toes! What self respecting toddler doesn't mix things up now & again? I guess the biggest change would be my explosion of words. I've always been of the chatty sort, but lately I've gotten a charge outta sprinkling in new words (sometimes 2 or 3 ) every day. I know, I know.....there I go spoiling the "fam" again, but honestly you should see how goofy they get when I spring one of my zingers on 'em. AND whoa.....if its 2 or 3 words put together......hold onto your hat cuz its a riot of joy around here. I mean what fella doesn't like a bit of clapping and attention from time to time? I mean, its not like I've split the atom or anything, but they sure do get a charge out of me hollering out, "no, get own(down)" to the small kid with fur or, "yesh(yes) more, peash(please)". Oh, I know what you're thinking, that I only pepper in those pleasantries like "peash" and "ank you" to curry favor. Puh-lease! Would I stoop to that? Well, yeah, probably....but seriously it makes my Mama so darn tickled when I say "ank you" that I just can't NOT say it. I mean, have you seen her goofy grin? Then there is the added perk of usually getting what I'm requesting when I add in "peash" & "ank you"......I mean its a no brainer, really.

Hmm...what else, what else. OH YEAH.....I busted outta that high chair last month! Whoooo hoooo! No more trays and sticky cushions for this fella. That's right folks........(wait for it....wait for it....) I'm in a booster! I mean, O.K. yeah, it does have straps and straps to the chair also, BUT surely this means I've graduated up to some kind of special big boy status....am I right? Am I right? :) It has HUGE advantages too......cuz now, if I'm quick ( and OH YEAH, I am!) I can sometimes snag a dish right from the table and help myself, just lickety split! AND I sit between Mama and Lauren now........clearly a rose between thorns! LOL Ummm...hey, don't like tell them I said that, k? Other perks include being able to toss things down discreetly to that furry kid (she'll eat ANYTHING!) and ham it up for the whole table to enjoy! In fact just the other day I threw my napkin right down on the floor.....oh yes, I did......and then pointed to it and said, "garbage" in my best big boy accent. I tell ya, I had the whole table in stitches. And the best part? Hmmm mmmmm.....Daddy had to pick it up and snag me a fresh one! Booo-yah!

What else, what else? Oh, I run pretty fast now and Lauren taught me how to attempt somersaults....I almost got it! You might call it a work in progress. And once in a while ( oh, alright, everyday) I can be found dancing up a storm to my fave songs ( I like an eclectic mix of Barney's Greatest Hits, Nursery Rhymes, Elmo's Song, The Beatles and anything on Mama's Ipod) ohhhhhhhhhhh.....that Ipod, the emphasis being on the "I" people...as in, I wanna have that thing all to myself! Oh sorry.....where was I? Ah yes.....I dance, I sing (yes, I do) I walk up and down the stairs all by myself ( well, in the interest of full disclosure, someone always follows behind or beside me, but still.....) I can jump and actually get both feet off the ground at the same time and I love to walk backwards if and whenever possible! I don't need to know where I'm going, just where I've been......or that what my Sis taught me to say if questioned! Course when I say it, it comes out sounding more like, "I don et tu going, est whet I bin"......but you get the drift! *wink*

Course lots has stayed the same too. Still "lika" the grub and now I will eat meat. Not crazy about it, but it has its place. Luv juice, but rarely get it and then its watered down when I do.....blech! I use a spoon and fork like a pro and prefer to feed myself. But sometimes I still let Mama help me out....it seems to make her happy & all.

I'm still a voracious reader and just the other day Mama clocked us at 30 whole minutes of reading before I got restless. Course it helps that I had a snack handy and she let me select a few gems from Lauren's reading basket to compliment my normal faves of :The Big Red Barn, Elmo's Animal Adventures, The Hungry Caterpillar, Mr. Brown Can Moo, Anything Thomas The Tank Engine & The Foot Book. And don't think for one minute that people can skip pages in a book with me around. No sir ~ not with me, thank you very much! Busted!

Oh, and I can count now. This is just how it goes.........Mama, Daddy or Lauren says one and then I say "two", then they say 3, 4, 5, and I chime in with "ix", then they say 7, 8 and I holler out "ninish" and so on. This seems to please them a great deal.....honestly I've had quite the learning curve with these folks.......they get tickled at the littlest of things I tell you! I'm still working on colors, but I can usually find things that are purple and yellow. And I know that Mama's favorite color is "pinksh" and I think its my big sister's too! She's pretty cool by the way(my big sis)......she plays with me and teaches me all kinds of nifty things like making my bottom lip pouty to get extra attention and how to build neat forts. Course she's not so keen on the destroying of the forts thingie I have a penchant for....but, well, at the end the day a guys gotta do, what a guys gotta do! I always give her extra hugs just to let her know there's no hard feelings & all. AND hey, she likes to pick out my outfits so I'm not gonna get on her bad side! Plus.......yeah, wrecking forts and toppling over block towers amuses me. It really does.

Course I still love my cuddle time and enjoy a daily belly laugh.....or 12! People amuse me and I love meeting new people...most of the time. On Mondays me and Mama hang out with some of my peeps at story time and I like that a lot. AND don't even get me started about my passion for the arts and playing outside. Actually I do have more to say on that, but later......

At my last check up I remained super healthy and I'm still a tall drink of water! Hate those shots though........almost done with 'em! (chest thumping here people!) Oh and I could spend all day in the bathroom brushing my teeth . Love that stuff!

Phew.....is this what bloggers do all the time? This is exhausting. All this banging on the keyboard is wearing me out, so I'm gonna share a few recent pics and bid y'all goodnight. Thanks for stopping by and remember.....this is our little secret!


All tuckered out........momentarily that is.......
That's right people.....I can undress myself! ...taking on the world one tiny "onesie" at a time!

So we woke up one day it was almost 60 degrees! The "no"(snow) was melting and that bummed me out at first....but I found a few big drifts left over AND discovered something magical happens when snow melts.....that's right ~ puddles...and lots of 'em!


Hmm....here I sit.....at a picnic table....patiently waiting....wha? No food? Oh yeah, I've also started giving Mama the stink eye when I've had enough of the camera thing. I'm still working on my disapproving head nod.


Kinda messy....but that's no problem for me. There is NO job to big to tackle.


Did I mention there were puddles??? Giant, wet, glorious puddles.....a bit frosty, yes....but puddles here people.....puddles!


Remember my love of the sidewalk chalk? I'm back baby, I'm back(!) and my canvas is larger than ever! Plus, check out my sweet ride......yep, I'm a leftie too!

Places to go, people to see. I consider it a job well done if my family is pooped by the end of the day. I mean, someone has to keep them on their toes, right? Plus, did you notice I used the word "poop"? (devlish grin and giggle) Yeah, that tickles me.....
Oh, props to S-man over at 12,450 Miles for giving me this clever idea. Sometimes his Mama is tuckered out at the end of the day (week?) too, so its extra nice when we pitch in and help. But don't worry, our Mamas love it ~ every last minute of it......and my Mama will be back soon with some other installment or something or whatever it is she does on this blog! :)


xoxox Tyler



19 comments:

ellieshine said...

What a cutie! You must have the (3rd) most adorable son ever! Very fun update - Tyler is so bright - but you know that already :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog - I have had a chance to read some of Lauren's story (My Elijah is from Ukraine) She is so beautiful and you are so blessed to be able to get her when she was so young! I'm looking forward to continue to get to know you better!

Sarah said...

heh heh... I laugh because I could have written 3/4's of this with what Hannah is into right now with the first phrases, counting, puddles, etc. Good stuff, mama! Good stuff!

rachel said...

what a big boy!!!! he's so adorable, too! GREAT pics, Lisa!!!!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Wow ,what a story teller you are. I was on the edge of my seat.
I love the big hair shot. Too cute!
My day is around the corner with two little ones to handel. A little scary, Victoria

jenbusymom said...

LOL, what an awesome post, really cute and so funny! He sounds like quite the little character! I'm so enjoying your blog! Happy weekend!

Tracy Ann said...

What a delightful post. It put a big smile on my face this morning. He is such a beautiful boy. I loved when you wrote "riots of joy", so sweet.
Kind of glad my baby is not crawling or walking yet, So much more work when you have to keep up with them.

Tracy

momwithfaithandhope said...

What a talented and smart 20 month you have!! How many WPM can he type?! LOL

Loved the post from his view. And yes Tyler, this is WHAT we bloggers do. . .because we love guy like you!!!!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh Tyler... I saved this for last since I knew it was going to be good... and boy was it! You are a FABULOUS writer Tyler. Had me cracking up left and right here. There's so many fabulous things in here that I can't even start to recap on my highlights (although you did have me clutching my belly I was laughing so hard at one point) I think you and S-man would make grand ole pals... although I think both mamas might regret it since you two would probably be thick as thieves as well!

Keep on rockin' it Tyler!

(Oh, and tell your mama you want "Baby's First mp3 Player" ... it's saved this Mama's i*pod... that's for sure!)

Ruth said...

This post is sooo cute! What a neat idea. I often find myself wondering what is going on in my little guy's brain - maybe I can get him to do a post for me :-). Of course my girls are way to quick to tell me what is on their minds. We also are said that the snow has melted, but are enjoying our bikes & trikes & the time outside. Love the "all tuckered out" pick & his teddy bear hat! Cute, cute, cute...

Wanda said...

OK Lisa...that is THE most adorable, hilarious post I've ever read, ever, anywhere! I'm still chuckling writing this.

Your Tyler is just the cutest thing ever. The first picture you posted of his coyish look is my all-time favorite. It's just perfect! What a beautiful, beautiful boy. You just must need to eat those cheeks up everyday.

Lisa, you really can spin a tale. Ever thought about writing some of these nuggets up in a book! I enjoyed every delicious second.

Oh, and wow.....Tyler is really taking this world on by storm. Way to go, little one!

Have a great week-end sweet family!

Hugs,
W

Kelli said...

Well Tyler, it's good you took matters into your own hands!

Of course I am basically a month late with Aiden's 21 month update so I'm waiting for 22. So much of this sounds so familiar! The boys could get into a lot of trouble together!

QingLu Mama said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

That so totally tickled! What a great post, I had no idea Tyler was so creative!

Love it Lisa, I really do! Tyler is just growing so big and doing so much! You were right that even though the first birthday is a sad milestone for us Mama's it's amazing all that comes after!

And your photos are, as always, splendid! What with such a super subject matter and all!

Hugs!
Jen

Mark & Kris said...

What an adorable post!!! Good job Tyler!!! Lisa, he is just the cutest little guy and wow, seems like he is doing a lot!!! Isn't it so fun to see them develop their little personalities? Hey, Samuel has that same doggie hat!! We must have similar taste!

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

Too stinkin cute. Thanks for all the updates. Hsin loves Mr Brown Can Moo and The GFoot Book too!

Unspoken said...

You go, beautiful boy :)!!

Lisa said...

What a big boy Tyler is becoming.. He is so darned cute we may have to arrange a marriage at some point in the future with a little speed demon named Paige...HMMM...
LOL
Lisa

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

What an IMPRESSIVE list of accomplishments..keep'em coming..Love reading about them..sure brightened my day:)

Lisa said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL BOY!!!

Great up date

Terry said...

This was adorable!! I laughed so much I had to read it again. I love his thoughts!! He is so talented! His typing skills are the best, his ride is awesome, and he tackles big projects! Go Tyler!

Lisa, so creative!! This post made me smile and made my evening! The laundry will still be there when I'm done. :-)

Haven't been in blog world alot lately so I probably owe you a note or two or three, umm, maybe more. I will catch up soon!

Thanks for the Tyler smile!