Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Has Sprung.......

Spring HAS sprung, or at least for now! Will it last? Naw...most likely not ~ I suspect that we will see a bit of chill return before Spring finally settles in for a modest stay, BUT given this gift of almost 70 degree temps and blue skies recently, its hard to begrudge Mother Nature her fickleness here in the Midwest!

Of course I'm behind once again in staying current and since Tyler tackled my blogging duties for me last week, it didn't seem right to expect someone else to do so this week ~ besides my bribe for Lauren didn't work out! LOL But I have to say that he was so tickled with every one's kind comments and each day pointed eagerly to our "putish" to see if there were any new ones for Mama to read aloud. ;)

I'm a wee bit behind on all things green too........but don't worry, because just like previous years our home was once again selected to be visited by those merriest and mischievous of leprechauns. AND whoa boy, did they leave a whopping mess behind this year! O' yikes & O'lley cow! Toilet paper chains adorning the chandelier.......puzzles dumped.....books disheveled.....toys found in the refrigerator......and lipstick on a pig! naw...not really...not the last one anyways! ;)

In return for their mayhem and mischief they were gracious enough to leave behind a sprinkling of chocolate coins and a trinket or two for each kiddo. Every year Lauren fears they might not choose our home, so she always makes certain to leave a welcoming note and this year several chalk drawings on the sidewalk. Extra insurance I guess! Sadly as it was a hectic school a.m. I didn't get photos like in previous years, but I probably won't ever forget the look of joy on her face when she discovered several small toys stuffed into the sleeve of her jacket or his face, gazing about in wonderment and awe, all the while whispering, "uh oh". Uh oh indeed.....a fresh mess for Mama! :)

And with Spring....even pseudo early Spring comes the return of our neighbors and the sounds of children screaming with delight while dashing through the neighborhood. While I can't claim this is my favorite season of the year, I do relish hearing what is new with the many neighbors who hibernated for the bulk of the winter and I never tire of hearing our doorbell ringing and seeing anxious little faces peering in to see if Lauren can out to play.

Its a bit exhausting too......knowing you need to squeeze in as much as possible while it lasts......3 trips to 3 different parks, with 3 different friends in 3 days! Hmmm....try saying that 3 times fast! *grin* Almost like getting your "baby arms" back, you need to work that sun kissed, wind chapped stamina right back up ~ and honestly its a pleasure to do so again after a snowy winter.

Today I watched Tyler chase an old leaf ~ a remnant of Autumn ~ while it tumbled and danced in the breeze. He was captivated.......as was I, witnessing such pure child delight. Each day he has studied the bugs with such intensity and spotting a spider today prompted raptures of glee and a requests for "ishy bishy" ......spider! He has no fear and bends right down for a better look......I'm looking too, sighing with contentment as another season begins to turn.

Here are a few photos all taken yesterday on St. Patty's Day! Happy weekend to you all!


Poor quality picture BUT he actually smiled and looked my way! He's been turning his head when the camera peeks out.....ack! I need a better toddler bribe!

Just before going down the big slide and into Daddy's waiting arms.


O' Lauren and O' Tyler......my 2 wee O' Cheeseballs. LOL This was the best I could get of the two of 'em together. I'll take it! :)


Soaring to new heights all the time!

He was mystified as to why these bells hardly made a sound. Then he plucked up a stick and began playing his own tune. I love that about this baby!


My O' Girl seems to be growing in leaps and bounds ~ soon I'll need to wear high heels to stay an inch or two ahead of her! When did that happen? And I can't walk in heels......(sob)


And my favorite of the day..............Irish eyes a' smiling for certain.

13 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

I love them!! Love that last one:) Tyler has the BEST hair I tell you.

I can't thank you enough for the kind blog words!! I owe a post to my favorites.

Happy spring. We have had beautiful weather but it is coming to an end this weekend.

Wanda said...

Awh.....what adorable pictures. Happy Soring to you too. Let's hope it all lasts.

Isn't is freaky how the girls are growing. It's such a mixed bag. (For them too. Dahlia is forever saying she can't wait to grow up but she wants to stay small so she can be my baby. Yah....me too.)

Have a wonderful week-end my friend!
xoxo

Wanda said...

Ummm....yeah....that was Happy Spring...not Soring. (Maybe I am dyslecsic afterall!)
:)

ellieshine said...

Your children are soooooo cute - every photo I see of them I find myself saying awwwwwww . . . ! I don't know how you can even stand it!

Love the last one - precious!

Shirley H. said...

Love the last photo!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

What beautiful pictures..Love the sibling LOVE..so beautiful..They sure do GROW up too fast...
Savor every last stinkin minute..
{smile}
Annmarie

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love that "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" shot. *grin*

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love this post! It looks like a fabulous day there!

I'm loving this weather as well... we've spent the majority of the past several days outside. I love that!

Now, I need to hear about this St. Patty's day tradition you have there. It sounds like tons o' fun...

And, of course, I love love love that last photo of those cute kiddos of yours!

PS- How cute is Lauren in that hat?! I love it!

Sarah said...

aw... love the smooch! :)

Kelli said...

Great pictures! I am loving little man's hair! We are so ready for warm weather all the time.

And what a fun St. Patrick's day tradition. We may need to start that next year....

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOVING all te pics! GORGEOUS SOTS! :)
Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

I love the photo of the cheeseballs (your words, not mine) smoochin'!!! Too sweet.

Tracy Ann said...

That last picture is so precious! So Sweet.