Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 Random Things and a Court Date

Hi Everyone!
We are finally back in Internet land and my yes, it does feel good! The Flintstones era might appear charming, but I'll take my techie comforts any day!
While I was away from my clever blogger buddies, a few of 'em were tagged to share 7 Random Things about Themselves. I'm gonna play along too and hope I can scrape together 7 things to share!

1. I adore the smell of coffee, but have never developed a taste for it. (Despite WANTING to like it!)

2. I LOVE to bake, especially desserts/treats, but rarely ( if ever) do I eat or sample what I make. ( LOL And no, I have not poisoned anyone just yet! ) I also don't eat cake; not even on my birthday. Well...sometimes I will eat the frosting part!

3. My usual breakfast is a napkin full of dry cereal. When I taught school, I used to take a baggy full in the car for my commute. My favorites are Fruit Loops and Honey Nut Cheerios.

4. Like Lisa R., hotel rooms can creep me out. I too will not walk barefoot on the floors, handle the remote or use the comforters/quilts!

5. I tell my dog, Lexi, all of my secrets. She has NEVER ratted me out! :)

6. If there is a song I adore, I will listen to it over and over again on repeat. I have been known to wear c.d.'s out this way!

7. I'm fairly certain I saw Big Foot in our backyard one night years ago. No one believes me, but I'm pretty sure it was him. ( large...hairy...8 feet tall....grunty voice....beady eyes.....matted fur......sound familiar?.....you decide! )

Tee-hee....that was fun! I won't tag any other unsuspecting bloggy or email buddies, but would be tickled if others' carry on with the fun!

Finally, I have been bursting to share with you all that we received word from our agency that our first court hearing has been scheduled for October 28th. We are thrilled to be able to anticipate this big first step & a bit nervous too! Please, if you can, keep Pei-En's birth mom and family in your prayers as they prepare to make a very difficult, loving and courageous choice for him. They are certainly in our thoughts, minds & prayers daily.


10 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmm,we are alike in a few ways, except I eat cake.... :). I am so happy about your court ruling. Hang tight and this whole process will be in your past...
lol
Lisa R.

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Lisa! Way to just slip in the court date!! That is so exciting. Yey! Sarah

Room for More said...

I am so w/ you on the hotel thing. Can you imagine how it is with four children? We have to get 2 adjoining rooms, I remove the comforters, make everyone wear shoes and no one can sit, crawl, or play on the floor!
Congrats on your court ruling. The time is getting closer than you can imagine!!!
Shannon

Kerry said...

Congratulations on receiving a court date. We will be thinking of your family.

Can't get enough of looking at your little guy's picture. I am sure that you feel the very same way! hugs

Sarah k said...

Ok.. It could have been big foot OR some really creepy, desperately needing a haircut (or body cut) drunk guy!!! LOL... just had too!

Congratulations on the court date.. now THAT is exceptional, let's wiggle a little to celebrate news!!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
updomyblog.blogspot.com
Taiwanindependentadoptioninfo.blogspot.com
Alwaysnaturallyyours.com

Floyd said...

Great news on you court date! One day at a time, right.

I once saw Big Foot, too.

Fruit Loops, yuck. We should all avoid the food dyes Red #40 and Yellow #5. Affects brain activity, especially in children!

Lisa said...

LOL...You guys are the best and make me smile! So Big Foot seems to be a controversial character, eh??
Floyd, I read that same study about the food dyes....ick!
Thanks everyone!
Lisa

Tish said...

how wonderful to get notice of you first court date!!! i'll celebrate for you with a pice of cake!!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I know you are thrilled about the court date! Keep us posted

blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

rachel said...

yay about the court date!!! so exciting!

i gotta tell ya, lisa, you're missing out on the coffee. yum!

your hotel story made me laugh. i have to agree with you on their comforters. they are usually pretty nasty. :-P