Tuesday, October 14, 2008

S.O.S.

Some of you may recall from the Pumpkin post Sunday that Scott ( a.k.a.) Daddy stayed home with a set of sniffles that morphed into a nasty little bug! Welllll....my poor sweet girl has gone and captured those same nervy buggers and is suffering in a mighty way today! ( Yesterday too!) The above picture IS NOT from today, cuz she's currently nestled on the sofa in jammies, hugging her sweet lovey Red Baby ,but it sums up nicely how she is feeling!

I hate it when my baby is feeling poorly and the worst has been her wicked cough. It makes laying down to rest impossible, with rest being what she most needs! It also makes playing tough and her interest in all things play is low to begin with right now. She cried sad tears when I had to call her in sick to school and she is devastated that she may miss tomorrow's field trip to.......you guessed it, a Pumpkin Farm! And I am scheduled to go along as a chaperon!

To date, she has been seen by our caring doctor........'it just needs to run its course'. :( To pass the time we have read all of her Skippy John Jones books, every last Fancy Nancy book we own, painted with water colors, watched 2 movies ( a rare occurrence indeed! ), painted her toe nails, snuggled for hours ( with Me, Mama, trying not to breathe in the germies, but without making her aware of my precautions), colored pictures, and now she is fitfully resting & coughing up a storm!

Sooooo...... it got me thinking( always a scary thing! LOL).......please, does anyone else have any ideas for quiet activities we could do to pass time on our sick day(s)? She does not feel up to baking cookies ( that's how I knew she was really sick! ) or much play.......any tips, tried and true?? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?




10 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh..look at my beautiful sweet little grandgirlie's sad face! God bless her little heart-and yours, Lisa, as the caregiving mommy. Hope Scott gets passed his cold too-cause it's his birth month! This too shall pass, but hope it passes ASAP to make that pumpkin farm trip tomorrow. I was going to say BAKE some SNICKERDOODLES but you said Lauren didn't even feel that well. Will think on this.. hugs and love, MiMi O and Pappa Mike.

Lisa said...

Lisa,
Sorry to hear that Lauren is not feeling well. When my little guy is ill we tend to plop all his favorite dvds in.

Hopefully the cold will start to subside with the cough soon.

LOL
Lisa R

Sarah k said...

oh no!!!! Those ugly little germs!! My friend in TAiwan told me that for horrible coughs, she puts the vicks on the child's feet then covers them with socks!! Go to welltellme.com and see what you can find!!! I hope she gets better! By the way.. have I told you lately your kids are beautiful?

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Tish said...

so sorry about catching the bug! it's so heartbreaking when little ones are sick. maybe you guys could make up your own story...or come up with silly sentences (like "the cow jumped"...and then add to it with adjectives, adverbs, etc)

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone for the great support and suggestions! It can feel a bit isolating when your kiddo is sick....I always feel like I should have done more to prevent it! Crazy, I know, but its a Mama's guilt!
You guys all helped and thank you!
Lisa
P.S. Tish, love the silly sentence idea...Lauren will love it too! :)

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, Lisa, it's so sad when they get sick. Her face in that picture is really cute, although I'm sure she looks much sadder now. I really hope she gets better soon. Do you have any card games? Walgreens has some "kid card" like crazy 8's & go fish. Simone loves them & they were a life-saver last she was down. Good luck, I really hope Lauren is better soon! BTW, we LOVE Fancy Nacy too! Jennifer

Anne Marie said...

Ah, poor baby. I hope Lauren is feeling better soon. Yep, you know it's bad when she doesn't want to play or make cookies. Unfortunately, I don't have suggestions, but I will be sending good thoughts!

And Lauren is still so pretty even when she has a little frown.

loffer said...

O.k., this is probably the silliest thing you have ever heard, but what about printing out your updated picture of Pei-En and having her draw, color, and cut out little outfits for him to place over the picture. Kind of like paper dolls, but for baby brother.

Hope Lauren feels better (what a beautiful little girl!)

Lora O.

Kerry said...

Oh your poor little sweetie. I so hope that she is feeling better soon. So hard for the whole family when our little ones are sick. Grace loves to play/snuggle with her stuffed animals or horses on the couch when she is sick. She also likes to watch homevideos of herself (imagine that!) or disney sing along song videos. We color alot too.
Hugs to you and Lauren. Stay well.

rachel said...

oh, poor sweetheart! but what a beautiful, precious picture! hope she's feeling better!