Sunday, October 12, 2008

'Punkin Pickin'




Just wanted to give you all a glimpse into our perfect little afternoon at the Pumpkin Farm. Traditionally we take Lauren to a larger & busier 'punkin place', but this year we stayed right in town at a local farm and had such fun! It was nearly 80 degrees, so our Halloween/Fall clothes were not possible, but gosh was it a gorgeous day! We wandered through haunted corn mazes(only getting lost once or twice!), painted pumpkins, took a hay ride ( bumpy but lovely!), visited with & fed the furry faces showcased above ( Lauren loved this sweet & shy little brown goat ) but it was the woolly sheep and the chubby white goat who muscled in for all the munchies! And of course we picked out 2 glorious plump pumpkins and a wee little tiny one to make a grand total of 3.
It was just us girls, as Scott was home with the sniffles, so I did my best to snap a few photos AND keep up with my girl! All in all it was just a charming & festive outing to celebrate this glorious time of year. The trees are busy changing into their vibrant hued costumes, and while I can't say that the air has been brisk ( warm actually!), it absolutely IS Autumn and I adore everything about it!
Happy Fall Everyone!!

9 comments:

Sarah k said...

Lisa,
What a perfect afternoon for you guys. The pictures are wonderful! It was about 57 degrees here today, so it was a little cooler now than it has been but a beautiful day still! Thank you for sharing your lovely family adventure with us. AND thank you for the comment on my blog. AND YES, it does make me feel better. I agree, as a veteran myself, I thought that I would be more "immune" to the drop offs and sharp turns of our adoption but it seems God thought I could handle more this time.lol.. I try to realize in my heart that means I must have grown since last time that God would trust me with more.. lol. Your comments and thoughts are always so uplifting.. thank you!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Angel said...

It is strange that it was so hot last weekend, but we'll be longing for that weather again soon!! Cute pics!!! I remember going to that farm in Woodstock!

BabyBain said...

Lauren is beautiful...and your baby boy is handsome! Praying your court process is quick!

Nicole said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! So fun to see who goes there-i thought maybe no one! :) haha
Your baby boy is adorable-can't wait to see more updates!
And, I love the picture of Lauren w/ the pumpkins-what a great backdrop!

rachel said...

Great photos! Looks like a fun day! :)
rachel

Rydley said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! What a beautiful daughter you have! And a cute son-to-be as well! Congrats!

Floyd said...

Did you see the Great Pumpkin??

QingLu Mama said...

How funny we went the same day... I guess it is pumpkin patch season! Lauren is a real cutie, too, she has a great smile. Hopefully we'll see some referals & updates soon! Have a great day,
Jennifer

Anne Marie said...

I love the "ghost" photo -- that is the kind of picture I loved to look at in our photo albums when I was a kid :)

We missed our trip to the pumpkin patch this year when I was sick, so we will have to do some other Halloweeny activities!