Friday, November 14, 2008

Color Me Blue!







I don't know if anyone blogs or even checks blogs much on the weekends, but this antsy Mom has had it with cleaning, purging & organizing for the moment! (I must be nesting!!) So I thought I would give a sneak peek at the spoils from my latest shopping adventure and as you can see.....its all blue! (Plus my Mom is so anxious to see it all!!) :) It has been my secret fear that I would not be able to find cute & sweet things for our Little Man. Shopping for our little Miss has always been so easy and FUN; there are so many options for girls when shopping that the real challenge is more in limiting yourself to only a few things, than finding something adorable. So imagine my delight when I stumbled into a T.J. Maxx this past week to find a store clerk just unloading these darling items AND they were such good deals. ( Always a plus when funding an adoption!! ) LOL The only non clothing item I found was the above 2-in-1 Cart Cover (shopping cart and restaurant high chair cover) & I just LOVE it! Its ecru/black and the fabric depicts children playing in a vintage toile pattern. Much of Lauren's nursery bedding was based around chenille & toile, and I didn't think it possible to work that in (in a manly way) for our son. The clerk must have thought I was batty, hugging that very last cart cover to my chest as I lugged my haul to the check out(crazed grin on my face), but I didn't care in the least! :) Course I still had to get receipts, despite buying only the roomier 9 to 12 month sizes........a cold dash of reality, but an altogether glorious adventure for this waiting for those updates, gosh darn it, gal!
*** Happy weekend everyone!!!
****P.S. The snowsuit is like a cloud & there is a tiny tag on it that reads: "Faux Fur" ; that just amuses me so much!

12 comments:

loffer said...

Lisa,

Too, too cute! I also love the toile shopping cart cover! I envy you getting to buy adorable little outfits. I can't tell you how many things I have bought in a 24 month size since our referral. Somehow shopping for my little guy seems to make me feel connected to him even though he is so far away. I'll bet it is the same way for you!

I am started to get very impatient for our next updates!!!

Thanks for sharing your great finds,

Lora O.

Lisa said...

Lisa,
Love your finds. There are plenty of adorable little boy things.The shopping cart cover was such a find!! I have to get to TJ Max, my friend shops there all the time and really gets quite the bargain for her little one.
LOL
Lisa R.

Sarah k said...

I love them hon!! The little blue outfits...the plushies.. are so soft and cute.. we have cloth diapers made out of that stuff!! YEP.. too cute and cuddly!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Hang in there sweets!!! I am right here with ya!! GIVE ME COURTS!OR GIVE ME TRAVEL!
Sarah k.
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Lisa,

You did so good at TJ's! Beautiful - we cannot wait to snuggle the little guy in these soft, sweet cuddly items. There are for sure adorable finds for little boys.

Hugs and Love,
Becky & Mike

rachel said...

it's so fun to see baby clothes. seeing all that blue reminds me of shopping for jude before he was born. i did the same -- got home and took pics to share with family and friends! looks like you found some good stuff, too! i need to check out tj maxx!

happy weekend!

rachel

Anne Marie said...

Yeah! Where are those updates?

You did a great job -- the cart cover is the best one I've seen, and the snowsuit (I know that's not the right name) is 100% adorable! We were just at Carter's today, and unfortunately all the cute stuff is for the 12 mo. and under set, not the big 18 mo. old boys. Wahhh!

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Lisa, love the outfits!!! Oh it's so fun shopping for the kids isn't it?? We don't have a T.J. Max here looks like we're really missing out! Retail therapy. It's a good thing. Sarah

Michele M said...

Just love your finds! And TJ Maxx too. One of my favorites places to pop into...you never know what goodies are awaiting your arrival. hehe. Michele

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, soo adorable, Lisa! Now I can't wait to see pics of the little fellow wearing them! I hadn't even thought about the difference between boy/girl clothes, but it appears there are some cute finds for boys too! Thanks for sharing, seeing those pitures was just what I needed to cheer up my Monday morn blues...
Hoping you get an update real soon!
Jennifer

Journey to our baby said...

So cute!!! I love the cart cover! I have so much to learn, I didn't even know they existed but can understand how important it is :) Another fun item to add to the list.

We bought "I Never Forget a Face" this weekend! I was all excited to find it!

Tish said...

HOORAY! That is so exciting...to imagine your little one wearing those outfits! Faux fur....very funny!

Heather - The Wanna-be Super Mom said...

adorable!!! I hear you on the nesting thing...right there with ya!!!