Sunday, November 2, 2008





We had an amazing Halloween weekend! In addition to my folks coming up for a long weekend (yay!) we had some stray visitors in the tiny form(s) of a glamorous kitty cat and a devilish doggy! I also included a random photograph of some local color from our town's downtown square; it was so lovely on Halloween day and we absolutely could not have ordered a more perfect & ideal day for trick or treating! Boo! It is one we will remember for many years to come!
Our little slice of suburbia does some extra wonderful things for Halloween and this year was no exception! Each year on Halloween day the shopkeepers hunker down outside their stores, regardless of the temperatures and hand out treats to the local kiddos who come trick or treating. Its safe, fun, quirky and festive. We always see so many friends & classmates and this year we had almost all of the Grandparents with us as we made our way around the square! One tiny kitty cat with 7 adults trailing behind or alongside her.....I wonder if anyone thought we were paparazzi! LOL
Off subject, I also wanted to share that we, despite keeping meticulous records, were thrilled to receive a small check from our adoption agency as it seems we had recently overpaid a bill?? I have to say that this was a complete surprise and we are so pleased to be working with such a scrupulous & honest agency. I wish more surprises like that were tucked into the mail! :)
We also plan to send our second care package this coming week. We have adorable outfits from both Mimi O. and Mimi K. to include, as well as, a few other little odds & ends that Mama here has been unable to resist! We hope to send smaller but more frequent packages from this point on and are hopeful we may yet see our sweet boy in something we send.
I hope everyone reading this enjoyed a festive and spook-tacular Halloween. BTW....Lauren picked out the devil delight for our sweet pooch, Lexi! (tee-hee) Okay, I'm off to check all my other favorite blogs......with our big weekend, I have been a terrible bloggy friend!


15 comments:

Lisa said...

so glad that you had a wonderful Halloween. We too had spooktacular weather. I love this time of year! Your daughter is soo cute in her costume.
lol
Lisa R.

rachel said...

Great pics -- love the dog's costume and lauren is just adorable. i always love seeing photos of fall color. we don't experience fall color here in central TX and boy do i miss it! thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

Love the Halloween Pictures-Lauren is so cute! Pretty costume too! :)
By the way, where do you live? We have similar pretty colors on our leaves too-got to love the fall! And gosh, the weather was BEAUTIFUL this weekend here too!
nicole

Anne Marie said...

Haahhahaha -- OMG, Lexi and Alex are TWINS! They even have (almost) the same name! Lauren' costume is spectacular -- ohh, I just read Lisa R's comment -- I mean spooktacular -- and the trees are incredible. Oh, I wish this weather would hold out awhile longer.

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I just had dinner with Becky and she told us about your blog and gave us updates on you all!! I love all the pictures, Lauren in beautiful! And the baby boy is precious! Well I am happy I can stay informed on everything now! Tell Scott and Lauren I said hello.
Love,
Paige Stevens

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

What a cute kitty and little devil, your dog looks comfortable in the costume....I bought coats for mine, and they are still trying to figure out how to throw them away before I decide to put them on them again and make them uncomfortable.

QingLu Mama said...

Lauren looks adorable, very glamorous indeed! So glad you all had such a great Halloween. Next year you'll have another little one to costume up, Yay!
BTW - We have costumes for our pooches also, angel & devil!
Jennifer

Room for More said...

Congrats on the check from your agency! unexpected blessings. I can't wait to see next year's costumes--all 3 of them : )

couey2007 said...

Love the pictures. Make sure to take pictures of the items you are sending in the care package. I'm now waiting for my check LOL! I hope it's alot!!!!!

Michelle C, AL

Journey to our baby said...

Oh you had a devil dog also! How cute. I love the picture of you and your daughter, it's so beautiful. Thank you for the encouraging words on our blog, it really means something to have someone who understands say something :) Oh, and we didn't receive your e-mail on your Doctor and I was just thinking about that yesterday! I will try to find your original post on the Yahoo group and send a note. I look forward to following your journey and maybe we will meet someday since we don't live too far from each other. We plan on coming to the Chicago JOH events in the future.

Michele M said...

What a pretty little kitty you have. Oh the devil is a cutie too!! Hope you all had a great day. M

Kerry said...

Lauren looks adorbale in her costume! She looks so fluffy! So glad that you had a wonderful weekend and a nice visit with your folks.

Hugs

Missy said...

I love Lauren's costume. She looks precious :) I love the old Halloween shots too!

Sarah k said...

Wonderful Costume!!! Too cute!!

Sarah K.
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Yvonne Crawford said...

cute costume. And I'm soooo jealous of those leaves!!! We don't have many fall leaves around here. :( But more than we did in Texas. :)