Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat!

Trick or Treat, smell my feet....give me something good to eat! :)

That little refrain was on our oldest "punkins' mind all day yesterday, despite a very busy start to our Halloween day. It was a grand day and we were so happy to see no rain! Our temps were cool, but the wind virtually disappeared just after dinnertime and left us with a clear, bright "spook-tacular" eve. And a full moon to boot.......

Lauren's costume (glitter vampire) vision turned out to be such fun and we girls had a blast with her make-up and accessories. There were lots of layers underneath, but we managed to keep the heavy coat off and the cape on! She also was beyond thoughtful of her baby brother, making certain that he too received treats all along the way and waiting patiently for him to catch up when she dashed ahead.

Tyler was dressed just perfectly for the weather as a sweet penguin and was enthralled with every aspect of Halloween. He relished toddling around our town's square for our early trick or treating and later LOVED trying to keep up with Lauren as we visited our friends and neighbors on the block. We had wondered if he might be fearful, but that (thankfully) just didn't happen; and certainly he received plenty of attention from all sorts of ghouls, ghosts and goblins, both big & small! Boo!

Then today as we "fell back" and enjoyed the gift of the extra hour, we busied ourselves with costume #2 for Miss Lauren as she had a Halloween party to attend at a friend's home. She chose an angel costume, as she was anxious to match her AG doll. Of course she a grand time!

Below are MANY pictures (yes, once again! LOL ) & I'm going to keep my comments brief, as I am SO anxious to pop on over to YOUR blogs to sneak peeks at your sweet 'punkins'. I hope you all had a thrilling Halloween and weekend!

My 3 pumpkins.........

Oh gosh, but the teeth & make-up sure make her look older..........I really almost had to sit down afterwards! She, of course, LOVED it all and kept us smiling all night long!

Our traditional photo of Lauren & Lexi......our furry devil! ;)


Our Baby Penguin............
Our Baby Penguin giggling.....he loved his own webbed feet!

Ready to go trick or treating........

Penguins on parade....... yes, he really did waddle in that suit! LOL

I love the movement of her cape and her expression.....she had a blast entertaining us with her "moves". :)

Just Angelic................

She turned to walk towards the woods and just as I snapped this, a shaft of light pierced through the trees........to me she's always a source of bright light and joy.

17 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh, love it, love it, my friend. Such joie de vivre chez vous!

All your pics are adorable but the last one is breathtaking. Are they your woods? It's really a wonderful capture.

Glad your Halloween was great fun for all. I've still got to get my pics in order but I'm getting sleepy now.(Been dipping into Dahlia's candy today. Opps.) Maybe tomorrow.

:)

Sarah said...

oh, wow! What an adorable little penguin and that glitter vampire... oh my... I think I see the future 16 year old peeking out with those eyelashes and eyeshadow. She's beautiful... but I don't think mama's quite ready for her to grow up so quick!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Great shots! I love to see the happy faces of the kids. Your vampire looks so beautiful. I like the penguin suit too. Happy halloween. Victoria, JOH SLC

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh my seriously most creative beautiful pics. I loved them all. Happy Halloween to you all. You're little penguin man is just about the cuddliest little cold creature and wow... I hardly ever say this but wow... she does look quite a bit older and you are definitely in trouble there. Gorgeous.

Kelli said...

Eek- Lauren looks 12, but oh so beautiful! And the penguin is too cute for words. Glad you had a great Halloween!

Missy said...

Oh my...Lauren does look older but oh so beautiful! Look out mom and dad. The boys will be knocking down your door!! Of course little Tyler looks adorable as always. He looks so snuggly and warm!

Mark & Kris said...

Love the costumes!! I did a double take with Lauren...she really does look older! Tyler is just precious in his penguin outfit! I wish I could have seen him waddling down the street.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I almost didn't recognize Lauren as "glitter vampire"! WOW, she does look very mature. Then to see her angelic picture, especially the one you caught of her wings and halo lit by the sun was amazingly sweet and innocent. Tyler sure makes one heck of a penguin! Did you teach him the waddle? I see Lauren has the cape movement down perfectly! Have we seen the lil' devil Lexi before?? I guess I somehow missed the fact that you had THREE adorable pumpkins! Can't believe she'll wear the costume AND sit for pictures!

Kerry said...

Beautiful, beautiful children! Thank you so much for sharing your blog...blogger won't take my openid- kerryanne

Anne Marie said...

Ok, well since it's freshest on my mind, that last picture is AMAZING! Wow, so beautiful. You two did an awesome job on the glitter vampire girl make-up, and yes, that one angle makes Lauren look soooo grown-up. I bet you had to catch your breath after that one. And I thought Tyler's costume was really cute until I saw the one of him actually standing, and then I thought it was the cutest toddler cotume that I have *ever* seen! OMG, I don't suppose you have any video of him waddling you can post?!? I am so glad you all had such fun :)

Anne Marie said...

And oh yes, how could I forget Lexi? I loved her last year, and I still got a chuckly this year ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Penguins are my favorite!!!!

Love that orange in the vampire skirt!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh my gosh... how cute are your kids?! It sounds like a wonderful time... and it warms me to hear how wonderful Lauren was with Tyler. Absolute sweetness

Terry said...

These are soooooo adorable!!! I just love them all! I had to do a double take with Lauren's make up and make sure it was really her! So looks so grown up! WOW! I hope her bedroom is on the second floor with no trees close by! The boys are going to be lining up to see her down the driveway at your house! :-)

Your little penguin looks so snuggable (is that a word?)in his outfit and the smiles-I bet he was too much to watch waddle in that costume!
The last picture of Lauren is amazing! Awesome pictures Mom!!

rachel said...

WOW - i am so impressed, SO IMPRESSED, with lauren's costume! A.MAZ.ING! T is absolutely adorable, too! You have beautiful kids, Lisa! What wonderful memories!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh Lisa...what a wonderful and magical Halloween for you all! Sorry I've been so slow to take a peek...but I am sure glad I took my time so I could relish each and every photo of all three of your costumed pumkins!
Wow...that makeup sure does make Lauren look older...a glimpse of the beauty she is to become! And Tyler is a perfect pengiun, I swear I have never seen any cuter! And your captions just show the absolute love and Mama pride and pure joy at this Halloween with both your sweet babes in attendance!
And the photo of Lauren at the end is amazing, what an awesome moment to capture...she sure is an angel!
Okay...I owe you an email too of course and have been just itching to write to you and chat...promise I will get there today or tomorrow!!! Thakns for all of your kind and thoughtful words...Hugs to you all!

Dunns said...

oh.. those babies are just adorable!!! I just love the angel photo---that's a keeper in a frame!! Just beautiful! I can not wait to see pictures of Christmas with your family of 4!!!!!!!!

Debbie