Sunday, July 18, 2010

At Two

First I want to thank you all for the thoughtful birthday wishes sent to our sweet boy! I have a sneaky suspicion that I truly do have THE most wonderful bloggy readers/friends and I want you all to know how much I appreciate your thoughts, comments and fellowship!

AND because I seem to always be woefully behind in my scrap booking and journal and because this blog seems to be the only way I can remain current with Tyler's milestones and current stats, I wish to share a bit about our little man at TWO! AND if you make it all the way to the end, there are loads of party pictures, as promised, to sweeten the deal! :)

Little man..........at two you just amaze us and here is a but a bit of what you do!

You are 25 pounds of darling boy & just shy of 35 inches ~ keeping you at the 50% for weight and a whopping 90% for height! Your Daddy and I simply marvel at how in the world we came to have 2 such beautiful and tall kiddos (Daddy is tallish.....me? Nope...not at all! LOL ) and we know in our hearts that we could never EVER have made 2 more glorious kiddos than you and your big sis!

And speaking of your Big Sis........OH, how hard you work to keep up with her. We know without a doubt that a big part of your verbal skills are thanks to her but ironically we also see that her amazing abilities at "deciphering" toddlerese leads to some interesting "conversations". Just the other day I listened raptly as you blurted out things like, "Ady Gaga, number 9" or "skip & rapeash" and even, "Shurn it up" only to have your sister inform me that you in fact wanted song #9 on said c.d. ( we were in the car after all), Lady Gaga (Poker Face) and to please "skip" along to it, REPEAT and by all means, turn it up Mama, cuz its hard to hear way back here! LOL I think your Sis could have a career as a translator for the United Nations down the road!

You continue to be blessed with a sunny disposition which I (an optimist by nature) appreciate oh so much! You seem to wake up each day and almost say.....hello world, its me Tyler ~ you love to laugh and laugh at even the smallest of silliness or the absurd! You have gotten used to & rather like all the attentions you get!!

BUT that's NOT to say that at two you don't have your churlish moments. Mama knows perfectly well when you are tired, hungry or breaking in a molar or two! But those things I KNOW & GET. On occasion though you get grumpy if you don't get your way and yes, you can be stubborn too ~ usually a good joke or redirection works, but once in a blue moon you simply must have your way; usually when you are determined to do something just like Lauren or to have your way in her room................my goodness you adore her room and it breaks my heart when you holler for her when she's entertaining a friend and you are wondering why you are not included!

YOU spotted your new shiny froggy potty ( made especially for wee little men, with an ideal splash guard RIGHT IN FRONT) in your closet the other day and no persuading would keep you away from it! You convinced your big sis (she can't resist ya either ya know!) to read you loads O' books while you sat...............and sat........................and sipped a bit of water.................and THEN.....made a potty! Oh the celebration that followed!! Since then you have gone each day, at least once.................but did I mention that I am not ready for potty training just yet?????? Well, guess we will see where this all leads then...........you and your Sis are sure jazzed about it & all!! :)

You LOVE music & love to dance!

You can sing almost all the words to your ABC's, The Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle, Twinkle, Old McDonald & Isty Bitsy Spider. If one of us sings a bit too loud you are quick to say, "shhhhhhhhhhh". Hmph!

I thought you could count to 10 with a bit of help...........turns out you don't like to be pigeon holed and surprised us all by counting into the teens, skipping 12 & 15....that's okay cuz we are not partial to those numbers either! LOL

Most of the time you say 3 or 4 word sentences ~ unless Lauren is around and then you have only to point, grunt and utter one word......cuz again, she can extrapolate a paragraph from said efforts! ;)~

Outside is your paradise just like always. The heat doesn't bother you and water is SO your friend. You are taking a class now called Water Explorers and we are SO proud of you for leaving Mama's side and venturing along with "Midder Map"(Mr.Matt) and "Mish Mare" (Miss Mary) and being so independent & brave! Just the other day you told us that "Mish Mare is cute"........wha?? wha?? That JUST CAN'T START YET PLEASE.......right??

Your favorite books right now are "How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food" & "The Little Mouse, The Hungry Bear & the Red Ripe Strawberry" ~ those are the books you request on the "poo poo potty" and that just cracks us up!


Your favorite shows are old DVD's of classic Scooby Doo's & of course..............Sesame Street(but really only the Elmo World parts!). Since our trip to Florida, you seem taken with Mickey's Playhouse too!

You adore vehicles and yes...........dirt, sand, puddles............does that really surprise any of us? Nope. But this does...........you are a sort of tidy and don't mind getting dirty, but always like to "warsh up" afterwards! I plan to foster that for as long as possible! :) Just sayin'................

For quite some time you have been tickled with pretend play(your favorites are being cats & lions with Lauren ) and you enjoy "chatting" on the phone. You have yet to meet a sweet you didn't like and you just love to laugh.......big ole belly laughs!!!!!

YOU say please & thank you all the time ~ how I love that about you and hope it never EVER goes away!!

My darling boy.............you love your family & friends and truly seemed to delight in each gift and each moment of your party. You watch people's reactions and you are sensitive to other people's feelings. Just the other day I stubbed a toe and was silently wincing and waiting for the pain & annoyance to pass when I felt your little hand on my shoulder and heard you ask.........."Mama, happy & K, now?"................I almost cried at your sweetness.

Precious boy, you completed our family and brought sunshine and joy to an already happy family. Not every moment or every day is easy with 2...........but anything less than 2 is unfathomable for me to imagine at this point.

To put it simply..............you just fit......just right on our shoulders, snuggled into the crooks of our arms and you fit just perfectly into this family. I hope & pray that somehow your other Mama feels at peace with her decision and knows how truly loved & cherished you are.............I just can't imagine my life without you (and your sister) & am thankful more & more each day for the gift of you both!

xoxo


No, we didn't fill our Elmo pinata cuz Tyler would have been devastated to see him tugged at and torn apart!!

On Friday (your actual birthday) we celebrated with Mimi & Papa K., Sesame Street cupcakes, Elmo slippers and your sister picked out an Elmo camera of which you LUV!! You sang Happy Birthday right along with us!!


So darn sweet!


So darn tickled with your party!
Our traditional family picture on each birthday!! Thanks Mimi for snapping our moment!
Together forever.......

Tyler sure likes pretty girls ~ Allison & Alyssa keeping him in plenty O' giggles!

Opening presents? No problem with big Sis helping out a bit!!

I believe we have already established that Tyler is in fact a ham!! :) OR, we have driven him to drink.....LOL


Tyler LOVED his grill Chef's garb and Little Tykes barbecue grill! Hmmm...so much to grill, so little time...........


LOVE this, cuz he looks so tiny next to his loot!!

Chef/race car.. .....er....scooter driver!! Perfect blend of his skills!!

17 comments:

momwithfaithandhope said...

Tyler is such a joy. I know you know it, and I know you write about it, but he seriously just shows it in every smile! Now I know why you were up late! LOL Getting this post written, huh?

So Tyler and Peyton will have to watch Scooby Doo together, and bring on the WATER!!!! I have a feeling Gracyn will just adore Lauren, especially since she has a future in being a Translator. We could use one in our household! Is she for hire?

Tyler looks like he had an absolute blast, and who wouldn't with such a happy family to celebrate with, and let's not forget the great birthday loot!

I know you don't want to hear this, but these are the first pics where he's starting to look like a big boy! Is that sad or something you'll take in stride? He's still cute as can be, and that hair, oh that hair!! Don't cut it - I must see it in real life!

Can't wait to journey with you and watch Tyler (and Lauren) grow another year older, cuter, wiser, and funnier!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Oh geez - how embarassing, is my comment seriously that long? Blogger is going to start limiting the number of characters thanks to you! (and me. . .) LOL

michelle said...

It's so cute that at the tender age of 2, Tyler knows exactly what he wants. Lady Gaga was hilarious! He is such a sweetheart and I wish Lexie could meet him since he's already such a gentleman, such good manners! I can't wait to see the little guy using some of those fun toys that he got.

Michelle said...

Awwww...happy birthday Ty!! How sweet he is in all his pictures.

I'm SO excited we get to meet you and your two precious babes!! Yay!!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh Lisa. I adore this post!! First... look at how amazingly adorable your two-year-old is! Wow!

Second... I've been working on S's 2 year post as well and am giddy to see so many similarities in our boys cause it makes me feel like I *know* Tyler a little bit better. But, on the other hand there are so many unique differences that makes Tyler, Tyler... and Spencer, Spencer! (Like counting into the teens?! I still can't get S to count to three!)

And while we're on S and what he's saying... can I have Lauren's number? I could use her translation services!

Wanda said...

Lisa, another joyful, imaginative, eloquent, loving post for your adorable 2 year old - who (I've said it before and it's still true) THE most beautiful boy in the world. You said it poerfectly - he just fits. And completed your beautiful family!

(So....you are working on writing that book, right? Yeah, in your spare time. haha. Seriously Lisa, you have some mad writing skills. I'm thrilled to be able to read and imagine with every post you write and I know your readers appreciate it too but your audience should be expanded. You can't hide this gift for too long!)

Have a great week!
xoxo

The Hernandez Herd said...

Happy Birthday little man! Wow how big is he getting. I still remember when you brought him home. It seemed like I had another lifetime to wait until my turn. We all wait so long so that we get just the perfect angel that we are meant to have. Enjoy your little guy during this special time.
Love the picture with big sis.
Victoria

Mama Shoe said...

I love the family picture. So happy, so much love there! Tyler, I am impressed with all you can do at 2! Happy Bday to a blessed boy.

The Hernandez Herd said...

Lisa, Check out the last picture of Genevieve on my blog .The picture with the hat(not smiling) I think she looks like Tyler. I had to do a double take. Maybe it's just me. Victoria

Shirley H. said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.. i'm much better after the treatment.. =)
Tyler looks super cute in his little chef outfit! Love the family photo! =)

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Happy SECOND BIRTHDAY to your little man..and I see he is an ELMO fan..as is my almost 2 year old:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
minime0910 said...

He wouldn't happen to like Elmo or anything would he?! Love the birthday pictures, and the update on my fav little dude. How fast they grow up!! Enjoy every minute of life with your new little terrific two year old!!

rachel said...

oh my, i LOVE all of the pics! what a treat!

ok, so he is too cute for words. i really enjoyed the *family* photo. we don't get to see you on the blog too often and i always love that! the chef hat is adorable.

i loved reading about T's cheerful disposition. what a blessing! he always looks so delightfully happy!

you have a beautiful family, inside and out! :)

Kelli said...

What a wonderful update! Our boys sure have a lot in common...well, except the height. Oh, and the potty thing :)

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Best post ever! Okay I swear Hayden is not only going to prom with Tyler..... They are getting married! I swear Hayden is the female version of that special little boy of yours! I know we are just going to fall in love with him the minute we meet him:). We might never let him leave TX!!

By the way I have a really big GaGa fan here too.... What is it??

I am glad he had such a wonderful birthday! He sounds pretty wonderful himself.

Congrats on the poo poo potty success!

Staci said...

Happy Birthday to an adorable and sweet boy!!