Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dragons & Dumplings.....


Dragons & dumplings..........we ventured downtown today for the annual Dragon Boat Races in Chinatown. Unfortunately the rainstorms & subsequent flooding forced the cancellation of the actual races, but 5 families plus our own forged on and met for a yummy lunch, visit and a bit of playtime (also code for: photo time!!) for the kiddos, big & small!


We sampled all kinds of delicious dishes at our fave restaurant in Chinatown and as luck would have it, the clouds vanished and a gorgeous (humid!!) day emerged just in time for our group photos, followed by a stroll around the shops! (AND a stop off for Bubble Tea of course!)


We LOVED seeing all the beautiful kiddos & families and catching up with old friends & new! For me its always a treat to finally meet a family whose adventures I have watched unfold through their blog; its a bit like meeting a celebrity! :)


Last year Tyler had just turned one when we made our first trip to the Dragon Boat races and oh my gosh, have all the babies grown, flourished and changed!What a privilege it is to watch these precious kiddos grow & thrive!

Of course our time just went by way too fast, but we wouldn't trade a moment of it!!

Below are lots & lots of pictures, cuz I KNOW that's what everyone really wants to see!! :)


Here is the whole group of beautiful kiddos ~ we "Rents" were almost giddy with glee to be able to get them all to actually sit and remain seated for a group shot! AND they were really patient with us too!!




And these two sweet peas? Yep, that's Tyler and the lovely Miss T who both shared the same amazing Foster Mama during their first few months in Taiwan. How amazing it was to see them together for the first time ~ there are a few Mrs. C. buddies missing who we hope to finally meet in person next year!! Yay!


I love the hugs sweet Baby D is getting from his handsome big brother!


My 2 dumplings.........


Cuz I just thought this was sweet...........Lauren sneaking a peak at her baby bro.!

The beautiful Miss H.C. who enchanted us all!


And the equally beautiful Baby T., who is all ready to give out huggies!!


Our little guy having a mighty good time!

Our little guy having a ball playing with Mr. Kevin and Miss H.C. ~ Kevin was SUCH a good sport and kept our littlest dumpling in plenty O' stitches!


Clapping with his buddy!

So sweet cuz the lovely Miss E spotted Tyler climbing on Lauren's lap and decided she might like to try that spot out too!! Isn't she darling!!


Tyler was so intrigued with this dragon.....er.....lion?? We are still not sure, but he sure drew some appreciative glances from folks passing by when he growled and roared like a ......"lagon"?? *chortle*

It was a great day, with great friends, families and food!! Think you might like to share in something like this?? Please see the below post and think about joining us next year for Taiwan ROCks!! :)

20 comments:

rachel said...

i loved this post! how awesome to see your kids with your bloggy friends' kids! loved the photo of L looking at T. SO precious! they are all precious!

much love!

Unspoken said...

Tyler is amazingly grown up looking all of a sudden :).

How beautiful that you guys get together with one another!

michelle said...

It was so awesome to see all of these Taiwan babies together. Glad the weather did not ruin such a wonderful experience. Tyler looked like he got a haircut, he looked mighty spiffy!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Looks like a lovely day was had by all...Beautiful pics of such cutie pies...and oh..for the love of BUBBLE TEA...ooh how I would love to come there for that BUBBLE TEA..BET U enjoyed it in that HUMID weather:)

Shirley H. said...

Wow~ you guys have blast of fun! The statue that Tyler was intrigued with is lion.. =)

Lisa said...

Wow love all the pictures lisa. How fun that must have been... and of course it is fun to recognize so many from their blogs..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
minime0910 said...

Great pictures!! What a fun family day you all had...all those kids are soooo beautiful! Hugs to all!!! Erin and Hannah

Sarah said...

On the way home in lovely Chicagoland traffic... Loving these photos! Looking forward to seeing what my camera captured, too! Looking forward to spending time with your family again soon. If not in Chicago, then in Texas!

lorabelle said...

OOOOhhhhh I so wish that we could have made it! Loving our vacation time at the beach, but really wanted to be included in the weekend fun. So glad that you shared pictures. Looks like you guys made the best of the crazy rain and really enjoyed yourselves. It really warms my heart seeing all of the kids enjoying and celebrating their time with each other.
It's hard to believe how much they're growing and changing!
Cute as can be!!!

Kelli said...

Did we miss a haircut post?!? Tyler is looking mighty handsome! Glad you had such a great time. Bummer about the dragon boat races- I would love to see them some year.

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

I love when bloggy friends meet "offline"!!! YAY!

And this looks like such a fabulous day! Wow!

Both of your kiddos are looking cuter-than-ever in these pics... and they are surrounded by even more cuteness! Oh. My. Word. I could gobble everyone of them up... how did you not!?

Journey to our baby said...

Oh, this looked like so much fun, a lot of faces were familiar here, I sure hope to meet all of our Taiwan families sooner than later :)

Katie said...

It was wonderful seeing you all yesterday. I wish we had more time to chat! Thatnks for posting the photos! I forgot my camera and need to see how the i-phone photos turned out still..

Michelle said...

So fun! :) LOVE the pics. It was so fun meeting you finally and your beautiful family!

I only wish we'd had more relaxed time to sit and chat. My poor kiddos were so exhausted by that time, the ruckus was inevitable I suppose. :)

P.S. WEIRD...the word verification thingy that popped up is TESSAC. :)

Tracy Ann said...

Looks like a fabulous time! What beautiful children. I would love to make it the get together in Texas. I will have to see what I can do. I know we have to go to Iowa to visit family, but maybe I can add a trip to Texas. Love your pictures!

Tracy

Ching said...

It was great to see your family on Sunday! Thanks so much to Lauren for letting E sit on her lap! She saw Tyler having so much fun and wanted to join in! In spite of the early morning rain, it turned out to be a great day!

Ching

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

That looks like some super fun times! Chinatown! OH, I could only dream... and what could be better than times spent with all of your travel mates! So glad you had that special time together with good weather too!
I can't believe how big your dumplings are getting. Truly adorable!

Oh, and I love the name of your post.
Big hugs to you Lisa.

QingLu Mama said...

Okay...I am soo way behind casue I was on an extended vacation in VT with the kiddos and really didn't feel like looking at a computer!
Those photos are just darling...and I LOVE Tyler's haircut! He is so amazingly handsome and looks like an almost big boy...gulp!

It is so nice to see what a fun time you had...it shows gloriously in the faces of those kiddos! And I spotted a family that looks familiar...how cool you got to hang with Ms. T and gang!

I am working my way through the blog and will be commenting more as I go! Plus I owe ya an email back...

Have a great vacation at the folks (oh I soooo know you will!!!)
and we'll catch up soon!
Jen