Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red, White & Beach??

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

We spent a gusty but fabulous day at the beach ~ it wasn't quite Cocoa Beach, but its a whole lot closer and our family has been daytripping to beautiful Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for so many years now! We love it!

It was a wild day too ~ the high winds caused one speedboat and at least 2 jet skis beyond the protective buoys and practically onto the sandy bottom of the beach throughout our visit. It sure kept the lifeguards extra busy evacuating all the beach goers each time and our kids were amazed to see a Police Boat cruise up lights, sirens and all!! Ultimately every craft was saved, but I would imagine the lifeguards and patrol staff will sigh a bit of relief to have the day behind 'em! And oh yes.....if you are wondering, Tyler IS still chattering on about that boat! *grin*

We are headed for fireworks next (hoping the little guy does o.k.), but I wanted to squeeze this Fourth of July post in before leaving. I wish to thank the brave women and men who have fought to keep our lands free.........and those that continue to do so! (and their families too!!)

Happy Birthday America!!

Our kiddos in their patriotic gear!! Always so happy together ~ well, most of the time! LOL They are siblings afterall!!

A big fan O' the sand!!


Goggled up & ready to swim!


I KNOW....I swore I would never EVER put a child of mine in one of those floatation suits! Famous last words! My folks picked this up last year deeply discounted and OH MY, did our little guy LUV it! It gave him the freedom to practice kicking and moving without being held! ( of course we were CLOSE...but still....what a taste of freedom!!)

Yes, he was quite the beach sensation too!

Nothing says beach picnic like a nectarine. All the hip babies are taking giant bites, ya know!! ;)



And no trip to the beach is complete without a sand castle and fashionable moat!!

15 comments:

Wanda said...

Wonderful - I know you enjoyed all the beach had to offer - you pics are just full of all that good stuff. And I'm sure the fireworks were spectacular..

We just watched the Macy's display on the tellie. Wow...is all I can say. (Oh, and Dahlia perked right up with Justin Bieber's 2 songs. I approve...haha).

Enjoy the holiday!
xoxo

Room for More said...

Hee-hee! Isn't it funny about boys and boats & cars & trucks & construction equipment? My boys are 12 & 15 and still love it all! Hey, come to think of it...I don't think they EVER grow out of it do they?? ; )

That lake/beach looks lovely. What a wonderful day : ) Wisconsin nectarines look as good as the ones they are shipping to TX! : )

I hope the fireworks were fun too!!

Happy Independence Day!!

michelle said...

Looks like a fun day at the beach. I love Tyler's hair! Hope you enjoyed the fireworks. My daughter fell asleep before it started, so hopefully next year! Happy 4th!

Lou Ann said...

Happy 4th to you all and I am so jealous of the beach day! We were a high of 67 today but it was cloudy and rained just before the fireworks. Lexie too feel asleep just as the big show began. Hope Tyler could stay awake to enjoy them!

Enjoy the long weekend!
Lou Ann & Lexie too

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Looks like a super fun day at the beach!!! I love that shot of the nectarine eating... Exactly how i would tackle it, you know?! I had a little chuckle at the floatation suit since we tried that and it was *not* a hit. Oh well!

How did T do at the fireworks?!

The Hernandez Herd said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great 4th. As usual those little sweeties of your are getting cuter and cuter.Happy 4th. Victoria

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

LOVE their sweet faces..
Happy 4th!

QingLu Mama said...

What a glorious day and what wonderful photos! I love them all...the smiles on those kids faces are just heavenly and makes me smile right along!
I am sure Tyler thought all the action was awesome...what little guy wouldn't love seeing a police boat! And Lauren looked like a movie star ready to film a surf scene!

So happy you had a great 4th and hope all did well with the fireworks!
Hugs
Jen

Kelli said...

I came to comment a day or two ago but blogger was not behaving...anyway, looks like such a fun weekend. I am taking Aiden to the beach next week. Hope he has as much fun as your cuties did!

Missy said...

Oh Lisa! It was so good to hear from you on my blog. I haven't had a chance to get on here for a while. The kids are getting so big. They are both so darn gorgeous. I am loving Tyler's hair like that. He looks like a little surfer boy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momwithfaithandhope said...

What cute beach bums you have!!! Sounds like the family had a blast, complete with a sand castle and that posh floating ensemble! Do tell where one could track one of these down! LOL (Try my laundry room. . .)

Okay, so here's a "real request" - You joke that your kids are always happy together, and mention that they are siblings after all, but really. . .have you captured any good fights on camera? As an only child I get a kick out of it, and I have recently started capturing these sibling moments in our home. (Ding, Ding, Ding - Round 1. Fierce Hellof a SCRATCHIN' Kitty vs. Kung Fu Bully Bull.)

Let's see the not so nectarine sweet moments in your household! Any sour faces?

rachel said...

great photos, lisa! we had one of those floatie suits too! haha!

CamelsNDragons said...

Thanks for sharing about KP. Just recently I was wondering how similar it was to heritage camp-KP sounds much better! I have tried to keep contact with all the families who have adopted from Shymkent the last two years without much success. Also we don't have many Kaz. kids in CO.
I really hope to make it to KP 2011 and maybe meet you too! I think it would be such a powerful experience for our family and get us out of the "Bubble"
mymommymakesit

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.