Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yes, Its True.......

.....our precious baby boy has turned 2!! ( Last Friday to be precise!!) :)

How can it be that this tiny perfect baby that tumbled into our world with such joy, light, zest, charm & a wee faux "babyhawk" *do*, has bid adieu to his "months" and marched right into solid numbers.....in this case, 2?!!? If I'm being honest(and I usually try to be!) I think I saw it coming from the very beginning and surely I've noted how quickly the months and now years with Tyler seem to zoom right along. A seasoned Mama like me knows firsthand how fleeting & endearing each stage is and knows that holding onto to just one would mean missing out on the next one to come ~ would mean forgoing the grand adventure ahead & around each corner! But its also means wishing once in a while to hang on tighter to each bit of "baby-ness" and to never for a minute wish a single moment or stage ( no matter how trying it may be at times!) away. It means sometimes being a bit nostalgic for the baby that was, while still celebrating the little person they so quickly become! It may also mean watching & rewatching endless video of their first recorded moments and later your first moments (finally) together with a tissue box tucked next to you on the chair!

And if I was being really really honest .....I could admit that wherever we have gone in the past 5 months or so, lots of folks have mistakenly presumed him to already be 2 based on his height and his verbal skills, resulting in plenty of time for me to roll that number and really the whole concept of "2-ness" around in my head...........making this past Friday not so much a surprise, but something a bit more familiar. This Second Birthday hasn't startled me in quite the same way his First Birthday caught my heart a bit off guard last year........perhaps because I've had a whole year to prepare?

And of this one boy, I could say & write so many things ~ I could fill a book on the different ways he has changed our family dynamics, strengthened our bonds, enchanted & surprised us daily. His capacity to love is so huge, perhaps only equaled by his insatiable curiosity & sense of self. Sense of self? Kind of a odd thing to write about one so young, but Tyler is ever the same exuberant, smart, kind, mischievous, ticklish, sweet, hilarious, stubborn, bright, beautiful and happy baby boy that found his way into our waiting arms so long ago across the world. How this firecracker of joy found his way to us might be complex............

But loving, cherishing & celebrating him each & every day is SO simple. Its big, its mighty, its whole and its incredible! I start each day with a wide smile and flash of baby boy dimples ( and OH, those dimples are the home of many many kisses) and end each day with a sweet cuddle and baby sing-song. How blessed I am with my 2 best treasures, big & small..........Lauren & Tyler.

So in honor of our little man I've added below a heap O' sugar (I'm talking eye candy here ladies!!) and in looking at them I expected to find one or 2 favorites. Instead I've discovered they are ALL just so Tyler..........each and every one ~ and I love them all for just that reason!

My goodness I love this baby boy more than I could ever say.......

Happy birthday baby boy!!




















P.S. Yep, he's sporting a "skeeter" bite or 2 left over from the fireworks last weekend! :( But birthdays wait for no bug or bite and he was such a good sport letting me snap all these photos! He's a bit of a ham I think!! :) Of course bribing him with a beloved Popsicle for afterwards didn't hurt one bit either! ;) I'm SO not above that!! *grin*
P.S.S. I'll be back with pics from his family party and weekend of celebration soon!!

20 comments:

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Oh Lisa, this post had me all teary... I'm not sure if it's because of the oh-so-sweet sentiments, or because you captured a little bit of what i am feeling as we barrel towards two ourselves.

And now i can say, post two, that he is just the most adorable little boy. So incredibly cute and handsome!

Now, where o where did you find that hat?!? I'vebeen looking for something like that!!!

Lisa said...

2 already??? Oh boy time flies so fast. Of course he is just so darn adorable, kissable and I want to squeeze him.. Really Lisa, how lucky are we all? He is just such a happy child - which I am sure has a lot to do with you. Give a big birthday HUG from me and Paige.
Lisa

Katie said...

Oh- he is just adorable! Enjoy 2 because it will fly by.

QingLu Mama said...

I could never pick a favorite out of those pics...they are all so fab and all so Tyler-adorable!
But how did I miss his Birthday? Of course I knew it was the 9th and I even pulled your address out (for some reason my brain wasn't clicking on why...)

So Happy Birthday sweet Tyler! I can't believe he's two already! But what a sweet and handsome boy he is becoming!

Your description of him just makes me want to come on through the screen and give him snuggles and cuddles...and maybe some high fives!

What an amazing blessing this little fellow is and I am so glad to be able to share some of your majical moments and memories of him through your blog!

Again HAPPY BIRTHDY TYLER!!!!!
Jen

lorabelle said...

He can't be two already, can he?
Sigh... Your feelings just ring in this post. It warms my heart to read such touching words about your sweet baby boy. Our little boys do have a special place in our hearts that seems to just unfold when we express our love for them. You sure captured some of that cuteness in your photo session! He's such an adorable little ham-bone! Enjoy the Love Mama...

minime0910 said...

"Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous
night you were born…”

Happy Birthday, Tyler!!! What a beautiful post you wrote commemorating that sweet boy's 2nd trip around the sun. Hannah's 1st birthday was Saturday, just one day apart!!! BTW the pictures are to die for!!!! XOXOXO Erin and Hannah

Wanda said...

Oh...Happy Birthday you sweet, sweet boy! Lisa - you paint word pictures with the love that pours from you for both your kids. Wow......what a pleasure it is for me to just bask in that joy for a moment.

But really Lisa - I have never laid eyes on a more beautiful boy!You must just be drunk on him all day long! Your pictures are each and every one stunning. That face......wow!

I'm sure your birthday celebration was spectacular. Can't wait for those pictures.

xoxoxo

michelle said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! What a cutie pie and that hat is just adorable! Thanks, Lisa for the email. Hope you can stop by my blog! Can't wait to see how you celebrated this wonderful day with Tyler!

rachel said...

ok, he is just so precious, gorgeous, yummy, delicious! how could you not gobble him all day long!? those cheeks are irresistible! i am sure they get kissed frequently!

happy bday tyler!

Journey to our baby said...

Oh my, he is such a charmer! I was also very shocked to see that he has turned 2....I really can't believe this. It seems like just last week we were all obsessing over the JOH Board waiting to hear about our little bundles of joy....and now are babies are growing up so quickly.

JinXiu said...

he is so handsome

happy birthday

Tracy Ann said...

I want to hug him!! He is so beautiful. You really do appreciate every stage so much more when it's your 2nd baby. The stages seem so much more "charming". I loved it when you said, your two treasures, big and small. How true.

Anna was looking at the post with me and commented that Lauren was very pretty. I thought that was sweet.

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

P.S -- I made a change to my blog setting, so you might be able to put on blog roll.

Tracy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shirley H. said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Baby Tyler!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Happy birthday beautiful boy!!! You just get sweeter and sweeter and cuter and cuter!!! Love those cheeks and dimples and lips and oh I can never forget the hair!!!

We can't wait to meet Tyler!!

We are headed straight for 2 and I so don't want to go there, but I guess the hands of time are not going to stop for this mama either.

Can't wait to see the party pictures. Hope it was a very happy day!!!

Mark & Kris said...

I can not believe Tyler is 2!!! Where does time go. The wait seems so long and you get them home and my...time just flies by!! At any rate, Tyler is just adorable!!! What a good sport to let you take all those pictures. Happy Birthday little guy!!! Kris

Kelli said...

I too, got teary reading this. These little boys grow up a little too fast if you ask me. Love the pictures of your handsome two year old, especially the last one!

Anonymous said...

Time sure does fly. I cannot believe my boy is 3. I cherish every day as well. It goes by too fast.

Casey said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
What a cutie!

Casey

Ching said...

Happy Birthday to Tyler! He's such a cutie and has a beautiful smile! I love all the photos! Looking forward to seeing you all at the Dragon Boat Races!

Ching