Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday's Treasures

I'm interrupting my regularly scheduled post ( a Thanksgiving-Palooza wrap-up) to share a darling website that came to my attention today that allows you to create personalized (email) video Santa Claus messages for your children! ( Children of any age!) :)

I stumbled upon it while commenting on a friend's blog ( shout out to BuckerooMama and my amazing friend Wanda (at) At Last......) and its......well.....its pure magic!

Free, easy to use and best of all..... your kiddos will be in awe ~ frankly I was even nodding along with Santa as he recalled special moments from our children's past year, mentioned an item or 2 from their individual wish lists and reminded them to be kind and good, because Santa himself believes in them. I so rarely have anything like this to share and I'm beyond tickled to pass it along!!!

A quick tip before starting would be to go ahead and save 3 favorite photos of each child to your desktop for ease of downloading and close up shots seemed best. I selected a close up of each child for "Santa's Book" and dug in our 2010 archives for pictures of special events. Lauren was incredulous to spot photos from Disney tucked into Santa's big book and Tyler thrilled at seeing a 4th of July picture!

For a child on the cusp of wondering if Santa is "real", this was/is a tremendous gift. Its just that authentic and sweet. Even little Tyler was incredulous and his eyes were as big as saucers. He loved answering Santa's little questions and couldn't stop waving and blowing kisses. When it was all done ( they both watched each video 3 times!) Tyler flew to the window convinced Santa was circling overhead.

Pure delight and I hope the photos can share even a bit more!! Then check it out to make one for your Christmas sweetie!!

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

We told our matching jammies clad munchkins that Santa was sending special email videos to some(very lucky!) children and that IF we were fortunate enough to receive one (or 2!) they would hit the Midwest after 7 p.m.; this (above) was their reaction to the news that Mama's inbox had 2 messages waiting!
I can't even look at this without grinning right back at them both!!


Tyler...waiting patiently for his turn.

AND then it WAS finally his turn! And Big Sis was right there with a hug!
********************************************************
AND since my original intention was to share a bit (more) of our Thanksgiving tidings with you all, here are a few photos from our long and wonderful weekend at my parent's house. The time simply went too fast and already we are counting the days until we see everyone again!








Sadly my Sister and her family were not able to join us this year due to work considerations; thankfully our niece Alyssa was able to spend much of the weekend at Mimi & Papa's and we all loved having her there with us! She's wonderful with both kiddos and so beloved by them too!

Ho Ho Ho!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to try it out!

Buckeroomama said...

Thanks for the shout out. :)

It IS really great, isn't it? This is the second year we've done it and it's the most magical thing. I love seeing the awe and wonder in their little faces as they listened to Santa and it was so cute to hear them answering back. =) SO glad that your kids loved it, too.

4texans said...

Oh my goodness, you have such a beautiful family! Thank you for posting on my blog (Travelin' Texans). And thank you for the tip about the Santa video, I will check it out.

michelle said...

Thanks for the website. I will definitely check it out. I love the look on Tyler and Lauren's faces. Priceless! Maybe if Lexie sees Santa on video, she won't be so scared of him. I took her to see him at the mall and asked if she wanted to take pictures and she turned her head and said, NO!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the looks on their faces. You were so smart to be right there with the camera! Pure magic!

Room for More said...

Can you believe it is December already?? Wow! I love the family pictures!

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Ha! We did this as well! (It's a back pocket magical moment post.)Speaking of... these photos of them watching their video certainly qualify as a magical moment or two as well... precious! I laughed out loud when I saw the shot of Tyler "waiting patiently" - awesome!!

I also adore the family photos. ADORE.

Ho Ho Ho back atcha!

minime0910 said...

Love the matching PJs and the sweet little monkeys inside of them!!! So far Santa hasn't been a big hit around our house, nor has the Elf on the Shelf, but we will try this new website. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, the holiday season is SO MAGICAL with kids to share it with!!

Wanda said...

Lisa - what a fun site. (Thanks for the shout-out!!)I immediately went in and set up for both girls. When Dahlia watched it (how clever of you to capture their reaction - I never even thought of it) she kept shaking her head in disbelief. How did he know was all she kept saying. Haven't shown Milana's yet. It may fly over her head. (Though she was so good in his lap a few weeks ago. Last year - screamed her head off.)

And look how cozy your two darlings look in their warm and cuddlies. I can't believe how tall Lauren is -she'll be chasing you soon.

Wonderful moments captured of all your Thanksgiving joy. You make such a beautiful family.

Hugs to you!!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

wow!! big ?? does it cost???

loved all the pics!!! your princess sure is looking mature!!! where did the time go?? and love Mr. mans hair!! I so want a bowl cut on mine but the hair gets so unruley and then I cut it, growin out has not worked

rachel said...

my sister sent us the santa video last year. hilarious! she even made a "naughty" one for dan. haha! it was sooo funny!

jude has his tonsils and adenoids out today. :( he's doing surprising well all things considered. i was remembering L's surgery a few months ago. boy it's so sad to see them wheeled away in a little surgical cap! :( thought i was going to start bawling...

love all the pics and especially the family pic! you look absolutely radiant! you should post YOU more often! :)

hugs and much love!

much love!

Kelli said...

Oh, their faces seeing Santa's messages are absolutely precious! I love it! I also love the family picture- love them!!

lorabelle said...

Aaawww...Thank you so much for sharing this website with us. I can't wait to give it a try!
Love the expressions on their faces. Some things are truly priceless and ooooh so sweet...

That family picture is Beautiful too, BTW!