Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving from Us Turkeys!

But who REALLY is the Turkey?

Is it these 2 mini gobblers who tolerated an impromptu photo shoot on a brilliant mild November Day? Or their parents who didn't realize that the background was not such a swell choice AND failed to rub off the fingerprint on the camera lens? LOL
Are these two the turkeys for wanting to run and play on a sunny day? Or the parents who forgot to holler out "watch out for the landmines" as they ran with abandon? :0 Please note the wee Turkey is VERY intent on something close to the ground??????? Turkey droppings perhaps???? Ack!

Is HE the Turkey? Well, yes...... but did you see the larger, far goofier "Turketta" dashing about behind the photographer pretending to sneeze, stumble and whatever it takes for a pair of matching grins......just one pair of matching grins, with both looking right at the camera & no neighboring homes in the background?? Hmmm......maybe the big Turkeys should have picked a day when fewer neighbors were home to witness the spectacle! ;) *chortle chortle, snort*

Turkeys aplenty on this day, but the 2 biggest Turkeys should have remembered that sometimes the wee Turkeys speak their own language & bring the best impromptu moments.....what do you imagine they are saying to one another?

Aha! The Turkeys both looking & in the same direction...... but alas, one big male Turkey forgot to keep the furry canine Turkey indoors and she stole the (attentions) show by frolicking too close to a feline Turkey prowling about "the hood"....... Meow!

Yep, when its all said & done, I think we know who the REAL Turkeys are. Hey, if the feather fits & all...... :)
& Yep, Thanksgiving DOES Rock and we have so much to be thankful for this year!
Wishing you all a peaceful & splendid Thanksgiving with your family & friends ~ no matter who wears the feathers in your family!

11 comments:

Wanda said...

Oh, what a fun little journey that was! I can only imagine ('cause, like - btdt)the flailing and diving it took to get these pics. Really, for fun, one of us should turn on the video camera behind us (oh, I pick you....my butt's too big)and capture the craziness.

Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Enjoy it all and safe travels.

Hugs,
Wanda (I finally posted the b-day pics.)

Lisa said...

Happy Thanksgivimg !! Lisa one of the things I am greatful for is your virtual friendship. I hope you guys enjoy. The kids are beautiful as usual.
Lisa

LaLa said...

Oh, what fun..they both look adorable!! Thanks for the funny commentary too : )

Check out my post...I have a collage to make you feel better LOL

Christine @ 12,450miles said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! That shirt is almost as cute as the boy in it!

Kelli said...

Happy Thansgiving! I think all of the pictures look great- a great way to remember those little fingers that kept us busy for so many year!

Staci said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Adorable pics of the kiddos.

Christina said...

Lisa, All of the turkeys are so cute!!! Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you from your (e-)friend,
Christina

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love it!
And yes, I would be honored to be added to your blog roll. May I add your blog to mine too?

momwithfaithandhope said...

You've got the cutest turkey and turketta around!! Gobble Gobble right back at ya!

rachel said...

happy thanksgiving! cute post! thanks for the smile!

QingLu Mama said...

Love this post!!! Don't know if I enjoyed the fab photos or the narration more!! I am sooo behind in my computer/email/blog stuff...I will get to your other great posts (boy you've been busy!!) and I promise a return email soon!
But I am just delighted with your "turkeys". Love all the pics...just too precious and adorable for words! And isn't it amazing that last year you all were waiting for your amazing addition to come home....what a year!
Hugs to you my dear friend, and I promise to connect soon!
Jen