Sunday, November 15, 2009

In Celebration of National Adoption Awareness Month

In celebration of National Adoption Awareness Month my hope is to share multiple posts throughout this coming week to honor families everywhere whose lives have been touched by the miracle & gift of adoption. This is ambitious for a gal like me who generally only finds the time to post once every week ( or so ) but for so many reasons, not the least of which are our two incredible blessings (Lauren & Tyler), I pledge to try. For the duration of these contributions I am disabling my comments section, but will welcome comments at the conclusion of my week's ramblings. :) Please know that I both adore & cherish your thoughts & comments(I always have!!), but for this week (or most of it ) I am choosing to disable that function to allow anyone wishing to visit to read at their own pace ~ in their own way.

Last year at this time I commemorated this month, with Lauren's help, by sharing our favorite culturally diverse toys & books. Again this year, Lauren will be my right hand gal in the form of a ghost author and much of what I plan to journal is done with her express permission. Always my contributions will be modified to protect her privacy ( or Tyler's ) ~ for truly it is the children who deserve to be celebrated during this poignant month!

Below is a video I wish to share.......it both inspires me and breaks my heart just a bit (more) each time I view it........... I thank you all and can't imagine a more ideal month to celebrate these children than one that heralds Thanksgiving.........we all have so much to be thankful for!